Razer Footprints Promotion

"
Heroofexile wrote:
i dont like razor and those footprints look AWFUL. doesnt fit into that game by 1%.

true dat, pretty ugly
IGN : Loothure ; Feeltheforce ;
fun i love razor, have an old diamondback that still works as new almost even its teared to hell they make good products.
no doubt about that but the design *burps*

G700 ftw.
"
HerrKaputt wrote:
"
urgetopurge wrote:

See the bolded, underlined part? That is why you don't complain. The fact that GGG has provided your ungrateful ass with an amazing game that you don't have to pay a single cent for is why you DON'T criticize them for trying to make a business decision. Let me ask everyone for a moment what other games are 100% free to play and produced and maintained on such a high level other than Dota 2? Don't like it? Go play some flash games OR you can pay 40$ for a blizzard or EA game.

The complaining is just unbelievable. ITS A FOOTPRINT AND A COOL ONE AT THAT. ITS NOT FORCING YOU TO BUY RAZOR PRODUCTS, the only thing that is wrong with it is YOUR perception of the green symbol.

Dude. Why did you insult me? I explicitly said I wouldn't complain because I didn't pay, but I understood the complaints of those who did pay. Re-read my post, please, and tone down the insults next time.

Urgetopurge is basically just attacking and insulting anyone who he believes is disagreeing with him. He went on a rant about my post as well, accusing me of "crying," of "quitting," of having "PTSD," of being "blindly ideal." The funny thing about him attacking you for being "ungrateful" is that if you look at his profile, you'll see he hasn't donated to GGG at all.
Supporter since closed beta
"
urgetopurge wrote:

Forgive me if I choose not to respond to everything - I neither have the time nor will.

I'll respond to the most contentious point which i feel is the first one.

"Grinding Gear Games strikes me as a company primarily driven by their consumers, by the playerbase, by individual small contributions from the players"
Do you honestly feel that this is enough to pay the entire staff for the years they've put into this game? Do you really value your contribution of what 500$ to be THAT significant that these developers can live and, more importantly, enjoy life off of donations and microtransactions? They put in YEARS and countless hours of effort over this game, a concept which most people here do not seem to comprehend or have forgotten over this sadly misguided rage.

They chose to put in ONE cosmetic, JUST ONE, not change the entire background or include posters of razor in game or have obnoxious pop-up ads or banners on this forum or demand that you MUST sign up on razor's website to play this game, but ONE COSMETIC. ONE. And this compels you to feel saddened to the point of quitting??? A company's desire to make some well-deserved money heavy emphasis on well-deserved, has you so disgusted? if you really respect GGG as much as you claim, then you will bear with the excrutiating, mind-melting, PTSD-inducing pain of having to see a razor logo if it means that this company can continue existing *successfully*.

(also I apologize if you felt insulted by my post; i felt equally disgusted by your blind idealism)

Again, I will respond to your points step-by-step.

1) "Do you honestly feel that this is enough to pay the entire staff for the years they've put into this game? Do you really value your contribution of what 500$ to be THAT significant" No, I do not believe that my single contribution is enough to keep the company viable. But, that's not how this pay model works. The pay model works by accumulating enough small donations from players over time that the company can remain viable as long as individuals keep donating. It's how basically all F2P games with micro-transactions work. I don't see Razer logos in DotA. I was not implying that my single contribution alone is enough to keep GGG viable. I never said that. You essentially took what I said and twisted it, in what appears to be a clear effort at attacking and insulting me (as you have done to others in this thread). I will come back to this.

2) "They put in YEARS and countless hours of effort over this game, a concept which most people here do not seem to comprehend or have forgotten over this sadly misguided rage." I have not forgotten this. In fact, this fact is in part what drives me to respond in this manner. I have always seen PoE as a labor of love, and I am glad that GGG is finally making money off of it. The developers have obviously always been dedicated to their game, and it's this dedication that indicated to me that I had found a good, committed, and (most importantly) understanding company. The last part is important. In this era, we gamers need publishers and developers that understand our wants and needs. The introduction of advertising to the game indicates to me that GGG may be getting away from that - that they may be sliding away from their core.

3) "They chose to put in ONE cosmetic, JUST ONE, not change the entire background or include posters of razor in game or have obnoxious pop-up ads or banners on this forum or demand that you MUST sign up on razor's website to play this game, but ONE COSMETIC. ONE." You continue to miss the point. I understand and recognize that it's "just one." But, what if it's only the first one? What if there are more to come? That's the point. The introduction of the Razer logo is a symbol for what we hope never comes to Path of Exile. What if Logitech wants to keep with Razer in-game? The introduction of the Razer logo is foreshadowing for a corporatized, monetized, billboard of a game. I hope it never comes. The introduction of the Razer logo has some of us questioning what we have been supporting with time and money all along. And that's okay. We have the right to question this. It's healthy for us and for the community to question this move. I'm not blindly ideal. You're blindly defensive.

4) "And this compels you to feel saddened to the point of quitting???" I never said anything about quitting. Read my post again.

5) "A company's desire to make some well-deserved money heavy emphasis on well-deserved," How do you know this is about money? I will quote Chris Wilson from the PoE subreddit: "Deals like this generally don't involve any money changing hands. It's entirely us mentioning each other's products to our respective communities." It's not about the money, and it never has been. It's about product placement inside of a fantasy world.

6) "has you so disgusted? if you really respect GGG as much as you claim, then you will bear with the excrutiating, mind-melting, PTSD-inducing pain of having to see a razor logo if it means that this company can continue existing *successfully*. (also I apologize if you felt insulted by my post; i felt equally disgusted by your blind idealism)" Here you just go on to blatantly attack me. The funny thing is, you don't seem to have any idea what you're actually defending. You claim that deals like this are critical to the ongoing success of GGG as a company. You claim that they need the money that you believe is associated with this deal. Funny thing is, the lead developer has outright stated that no money was involved. But, hey, any excuse to blatantly, offensively, and ragingly attack another player, right? I said I would come back to all of this, and here I am. The tone of your responses is so harsh, so nasty, and filled with such rage, that I can only conclude two possibilities: 1) you're trolling and trying to provoke a reaction. I will not engage in this kind of dialog. 2) you have a personality disorder, and you're unaware of how awful your social interactions are. I will also not continue to engage this. I will, however, let the community judge you. They've clearly judged me - you see all those "+1s" - they're in response to my post.
Supporter since closed beta
Crazy thread. Sorry, it's going to bother me knowing the footprints are an ad. Tell me how to turn them off, assure me I'll be able to turn off future promotions and I'll upgrade my supporter pack immediately. Or wait me out. I'm still going to upgrade at some point. I really want a zombie mummy skin and maybe some new stash tabs. Seems like an easy fix. Do all the promotions you want but let us turn them off if we want to. Just wanted to get my opinion in. I don't like the ad but I love the game. Thanks.
Spoiler
"
"
urgetopurge wrote:

Forgive me if I choose not to respond to everything - I neither have the time nor will.

I'll respond to the most contentious point which i feel is the first one.

"Grinding Gear Games strikes me as a company primarily driven by their consumers, by the playerbase, by individual small contributions from the players"
Do you honestly feel that this is enough to pay the entire staff for the years they've put into this game? Do you really value your contribution of what 500$ to be THAT significant that these developers can live and, more importantly, enjoy life off of donations and microtransactions? They put in YEARS and countless hours of effort over this game, a concept which most people here do not seem to comprehend or have forgotten over this sadly misguided rage.

They chose to put in ONE cosmetic, JUST ONE, not change the entire background or include posters of razor in game or have obnoxious pop-up ads or banners on this forum or demand that you MUST sign up on razor's website to play this game, but ONE COSMETIC. ONE. And this compels you to feel saddened to the point of quitting??? A company's desire to make some well-deserved money heavy emphasis on well-deserved, has you so disgusted? if you really respect GGG as much as you claim, then you will bear with the excrutiating, mind-melting, PTSD-inducing pain of having to see a razor logo if it means that this company can continue existing *successfully*.

(also I apologize if you felt insulted by my post; i felt equally disgusted by your blind idealism)

Again, I will respond to your points step-by-step.

1) "Do you honestly feel that this is enough to pay the entire staff for the years they've put into this game? Do you really value your contribution of what 500$ to be THAT significant" No, I do not believe that my single contribution is enough to keep the company viable. But, that's not how this pay model works. The pay model works by accumulating enough small donations from players over time that the company can remain viable as long as individuals keep donating. It's how basically all F2P games with micro-transactions work. I don't see Razer logos in DotA. I was not implying that my single contribution alone is enough to keep GGG viable. I never said that. You essentially took what I said and twisted it, in what appears to be a clear effort at attacking and insulting me (as you have done to others in this thread). I will come back to this.

2) "They put in YEARS and countless hours of effort over this game, a concept which most people here do not seem to comprehend or have forgotten over this sadly misguided rage." I have not forgotten this. In fact, this fact is in part what drives me to respond in this manner. I have always seen PoE as a labor of love, and I am glad that GGG is finally making money off of it. The developers have obviously always been dedicated to their game, and it's this dedication that indicated to me that I had found a good, committed, and (most importantly) understanding company. The last part is important. In this era, we gamers need publishers and developers that understand our wants and needs. The introduction of advertising to the game indicates to me that GGG may be getting away from that - that they may be sliding away from their core.

3) "They chose to put in ONE cosmetic, JUST ONE, not change the entire background or include posters of razor in game or have obnoxious pop-up ads or banners on this forum or demand that you MUST sign up on razor's website to play this game, but ONE COSMETIC. ONE." You continue to miss the point. I understand and recognize that it's "just one." But, what if it's only the first one? What if there are more to come? That's the point. The introduction of the Razer logo is a symbol for what we hope never comes to Path of Exile. What if Logitech wants to keep with Razer in-game? The introduction of the Razer logo is foreshadowing for a corporatized, monetized, billboard of a game. I hope it never comes. The introduction of the Razer logo has some of us questioning what we have been supporting with time and money all along. And that's okay. We have the right to question this. It's healthy for us and for the community to question this move. I'm not blindly ideal. You're blindly defensive.

4) "And this compels you to feel saddened to the point of quitting???" I never said anything about quitting. Read my post again.

5) "A company's desire to make some well-deserved money heavy emphasis on well-deserved," How do you know this is about money? I will quote Chris Wilson from the PoE subreddit: "Deals like this generally don't involve any money changing hands. It's entirely us mentioning each other's products to our respective communities." It's not about the money, and it never has been. It's about product placement inside of a fantasy world.

6) "has you so disgusted? if you really respect GGG as much as you claim, then you will bear with the excrutiating, mind-melting, PTSD-inducing pain of having to see a razor logo if it means that this company can continue existing *successfully*. (also I apologize if you felt insulted by my post; i felt equally disgusted by your blind idealism)" Here you just go on to blatantly attack me. The funny thing is, you don't seem to have any idea what you're actually defending. You claim that deals like this are critical to the ongoing success of GGG as a company. You claim that they need the money that you believe is associated with this deal. Funny thing is, the lead developer has outright stated that no money was involved. But, hey, any excuse to blatantly, offensively, and ragingly attack another player, right? I said I would come back to all of this, and here I am. The tone of your responses is so harsh, so nasty, and filled with such rage, that I can only conclude two possibilities: 1) you're trolling and trying to provoke a reaction. I will not engage in this kind of dialog. 2) you have a personality disorder, and you're unaware of how awful your social interactions are. I will also not continue to engage this. I will, however, let the community judge you. They've clearly judged me - you see all those "+1s" - they're in response to my post.

It seems you have misunderstood MY point completely and taken it as an over-the-top personal attack. Do you want me to apologize for you being so sensitive to my satire? The same way you judge my "social interactions" (laugh), I will judge you as an extreme sensitive kid that has been nothing but spoiled by GGG.

As for your first point, you misinterpreted what I had to say (and thats a theme of your posts). I know full well how microtransactions and this pay model work; the way you were speaking in the prior post, you made it seem like donations (not just yours) were saving this company. The thought is nice but at the end of the day, they are DONATIONS. Meaning it is not a viable long term plan.

"In this era, we gamers need publishers and developers that understand our wants and needs. The introduction of advertising to the game indicates to me that GGG may be getting away from that - that they may be sliding away from their core."

First, do not speak for other gamers by grouping everyone into your camp. Thats not only presumptuous and condescending but obnoxious. Your needs and wants are different than mine and you ask (indirectly) for a FREE TO PLAY GAME to follow every single demand of its playerbase. In the same way you see GGG sliding away from their core by advertising more, I see them sliding away from their core as developers by listening to every complaint of people like you (and yes, I just grouped you in with all the other complainers). The same way you see an advertising obsessed game, I see spoiled player base who if they don't get what they want, whine and cry. Didn't like a cosmetic they made? Lets post to get it removed. Thought a skill is pointless? Lets use the terms "ruin" and "mood" in the same sentence. I can extrapolate in the same way you seem to be doing to reach a point where GGG are corporate sellouts.

3) No sir, you missed MY point completely. It is just ONE and what ifs on your part. Would you prefer advertising on this forum? You seem to completely forget that this entire site is ad-free. So what if they make ONE, 2, 3 4 5 sponsored cosmetics? As far as I'm concerned, if it means even getting involved with sponsors to spread this game's popularity with no money transactions, so be it. If it promotes PoE to new users that have never known about this game, so be it. If it means increasing the playerbase by 25%, I'll say "NICE RAZOR FOOTPRINT, WELCOME TO THE GAME, ENJOY YOUR STAY".

If one single ad (I get your point about what ifs and such, but its still only 1) makes you question your support, then everything you've said up to now, your devotion to this company, your passion for GGG, alot of flowery words, is contradictory. If you truly cared about this company as much as you say you have, you will bear with this cosmetic. I've repeated this before and you have completely ignored the main point of it. What I'm arguing against is the fact that you are placing YOUR needs to have a certain mood of game above all business decisions.

All your posts decry one thing: YOU. You have never once considered what this means for anyone but yourself. As someone who has given a lot less money than you, I have seen what this means for other players and have come to the decision, whether I like it or not is irrelevant if it means increasing the exposure of PoE. You seem to think that this is akin to selling out. I seem to think its the opposite, a necessary business relationship.
Last edited by urgetopurge on Sep 2, 2013, 2:49:22 PM
"
"
HerrKaputt wrote:
"
urgetopurge wrote:

See the bolded, underlined part? That is why you don't complain. The fact that GGG has provided your ungrateful ass with an amazing game that you don't have to pay a single cent for is why you DON'T criticize them for trying to make a business decision. Let me ask everyone for a moment what other games are 100% free to play and produced and maintained on such a high level other than Dota 2? Don't like it? Go play some flash games OR you can pay 40$ for a blizzard or EA game.

The complaining is just unbelievable. ITS A FOOTPRINT AND A COOL ONE AT THAT. ITS NOT FORCING YOU TO BUY RAZOR PRODUCTS, the only thing that is wrong with it is YOUR perception of the green symbol.

Dude. Why did you insult me? I explicitly said I wouldn't complain because I didn't pay, but I understood the complaints of those who did pay. Re-read my post, please, and tone down the insults next time.

Urgetopurge is basically just attacking and insulting anyone who he believes is disagreeing with him. He went on a rant about my post as well, accusing me of "crying," of "quitting," of having "PTSD," of being "blindly ideal." The funny thing about him attacking you for being "ungrateful" is that if you look at his profile, you'll see he hasn't donated to GGG at all.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. I just re-read his last few posts in this thread and I agree with you.

Urgetopurge, I'm not going to reply to any of your posts, I think you're basically someone who likes to argue for the sake of arguing, and with very little politeness I might add. A troll, basically. And I don't feed trolls. I prefer to discuss this issue with people who actually want to refute the arguments I put forward instead of throwing cheap insults at me and everyone else.
Ok, I get it now :)
CASUAL GAMER
I honestly thought it was a joke when i saw

on the front page.

Not really the kinda direction I'd like to see ̶t̶h̶e̶ any game head towards.
Invasion:
IGN @ TestRound
IGN @ allincall

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info