Empower Support Gem, meet Brian at PAX Prime and Race Calendar importing

This is my guess:

Empower
Socket color: Red
Keywords: Support
Mana Cost Multiplier: 125%
Per 1% Quality: +5% increased gem experience gained

Level 1
Lower Requirement of linked gems by 0 level(s).

Level 2
Lower Requirement of linked gems by 1 level(s).

Level 3 (MAX):
Lower Requirement of linked gems by 2 level(s).

Gem experience is gained when character gains experience even when the supported skill is not used.
Last edited by Powerhunger on Aug 29, 2013, 6:28:20 AM
I like the supportgem, but getting the necessary linked slots to help level your main ability is a nightmare -_-
So yeah, like many other supportgems, it's not worth the trouble.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Its not going to be a +X to max skill gems, that would just buff casters more and leave melee in the dirt again. my guess its some sort of non permanent buff that lasts a small period of time and heavily buffs the skill its linked to, triggered by some sort of action, maybe every 10 uses or on every 10th kill or even X kills in a certain time. that sort of thing.
IGN - Kinespear
"
k19 wrote:
Its not going to be a +X to max skill gems, that would just buff casters more and leave melee in the dirt again. my guess its some sort of non permanent buff that lasts a small period of time and heavily buffs the skill its linked to, triggered by some sort of action, maybe every 10 uses or on every 10th kill or even X kills in a certain time. that sort of thing.

If it would buff only support gems it would work
"
Powerhunger wrote:
"
k19 wrote:

Description of the gem cleary states it only supports the skill its link to. maybe it works as a catalyst "gems supporting this skill are 25% more effective"

just another thought.
IGN - Kinespear
"
Ludvator wrote:
226.954.909 exp to lvl 2 hmm - insane amount of exp lol :)

I also guess it increases supported gems levels

lvl 1 - +0
lvl 2 - +1
lvl 3(max) - +2

each % of quality gives 5% increased gem exp gain

If it gives +2 to linked gems, what if you link it with some fire spell and Searing Touch? +4 to fire gems? Is level 24 gem even possible ?
"
zekerferc wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
226.954.909 exp to lvl 2 hmm - insane amount of exp lol :)

I also guess it increases supported gems levels

lvl 1 - +0
lvl 2 - +1
lvl 3(max) - +2

each % of quality gives 5% increased gem exp gain

If it gives +2 to linked gems, what if you link it with some fire spell and Searing Touch? +4 to fire gems? Is level 24 gem even possible ?

Like 24 fire gems, not going to happen - you see what +2 does to the dps, the next +2 is going to be 2-3 times as effective.

Remember its a 125% mana multiplier - i wouldn't expect too much crazy shit - especially when you get ~150% on the normal important gems.
IGN - Kinespear
Last edited by k19 on Aug 29, 2013, 5:36:00 AM
"
k19 wrote:
"
Powerhunger wrote:
"
k19 wrote:

Description of the gem cleary states it only supports the skill its link to. maybe it works as a catalyst "gems supporting this skill are 25% more effective"

just another thought.

If it were only to support the skill. It would have a label like: melee, Bow or something
"
raics wrote:
"

maybe +1-2 to all gems linked?

Might be. But not much sense in it being a red gem in that case, it would primarily be used as a spell support. +levels are great on flat damage gems like spells or flat bonus auras and pretty much useless on percentage-growth gems.

But it also might be troll-categorization again, spell totem, reduced mana and inc burning being STR gems and all that.

maby it would give increased damage or ias(cast speed) or both at the same time to all skills-melee and ranged-spells
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Where's Rhys when you need him to clarify things?

And ruin all your deliciously bewildered speculation?

Mm... how about this, then? There is a reason that 15 divides evenly into 75.

Half Life 5 Confirmed!
WTB Pain Pills!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info