Empower Support Gem, meet Brian at PAX Prime and Race Calendar importing

shares/boost the experience of linked gems by % for each lvl
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Sep 1, 2013, 3:41:40 AM
"
it only affects other gems once it has been leveled up to a certain amount of experience

Basically you can notice that it has 226mil experience at level 1. So it should be the linked gems will gain amount of percent of 'Empower' gem. Im pretty sure that this gem only got 1 level (just like portal gem)

Example: 75% of 226mil will be something like 169mil exp for the gem being linked (supporting) by 'Empower' Which mean a lv.1 linked with max exp of 'Empower' will be gain 169mil exp a equal a lv.19 or ish gem.

But not sure if the level required affect it, there're more chance that it will function just like '+x to level of gem' prefix on items and no addition of level required. Meanning that we may able to use a level 19+ on a level 1 character.

Edit: the quality might be 3%~5% per qualtity. And yes it supposed to be 100% of 226mil experience and DANG a lv.1 gems linked will be got up to lv.20 gems. (Just thing about the possible idea that GGG being rebalance for GCP being useless atm when no one really got use of it due to vendor recipe of 20% quality gem)

@Eltiano / @Astantine
Last edited by ospirit on Sep 1, 2013, 2:13:36 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I find the idea of support gem, that fastens leveling of other gems, pretty silly. Guys, we dont need that! People are already leveling a lot of gems every day and hour, because it's free. This support will make GCPs and Qgems even more cheap and useless.

I will tell you, how Empower gem should act:
200% mana multiplier
200-300% More damage
200-300% More casting speed
200-300% More attack speed
Supported skills have 4 seconds cooldown
Cannot be used with skills, that already have cooldown, use charges (like discharge or Immortal Call)
Quality bonus - reduces cooldown by 0-20%

To prevent abuse - any summons gems linked to this, will have cooldown on their regular attack, too.

300% more damage and consumes charges? I can hear dischargers screaming victory
PATH OF FLIPPING
I met Brian at PAX today! He was pretty chill and easy to talk to. Thanks for putting forth the effort to interact with the community.
Well this is one mis-leading text for a gem. I wonder, if the other gems linked to it gain the experience boost, or just this gem? Why would GGG come up with something like this if this is the ONLY gem that gains experience? THAT'S ODD, or is it just me?
"
r3val4ti0n wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I find the idea of support gem, that fastens leveling of other gems, pretty silly. Guys, we dont need that! People are already leveling a lot of gems every day and hour, because it's free. This support will make GCPs and Qgems even more cheap and useless.

200% mana multiplier
200-300% More damage
Cannot be used with skills, that already have cooldown, use charges (like discharge or Immortal Call)

To prevent abuse - any summons gems linked to this, will have cooldown on their regular attack, too.

300% more damage and consumes charges? I can hear dischargers screaming victory

Bad troll, bad.
Last edited by Heysatan on Sep 2, 2013, 12:58:23 PM
Well, PAX Prime has concluded, and it was quite a blast! In total, more than 50 people managed to find me at the convention center. Many Frog Pets were awarded. It was a real pleasure meeting everyone, hearing your thoughts on the game, and listening to your stories. You guys are the lifeblood of Path of Exile, it's extremely satisfying making you happy. Thanks again to everyone who took the time to track me down, my apologies to anyone who missed me. See you next year!
when you manage to actually kiss your frog, does it convert to a prince or princess?

i'm really sorry that australia is just half around the world for me.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
support gem, that fastens leveling of other gems, pretty silly. Guys, we dont need that! People are already leveling a lot of gems every day and hour, because it's free. This support will make GCPs and Qgems even more cheap and useless.

200% mana multiplier
200-300% More damage

This is completely dumb, all I read there was let the soul taker frenzy builds dominate even more and make the mana multiplier impossible for every other build to use.

Edit: never mind reread the post, I guess it would be pretty bad though for fast attack builds and godly for nuclear discharger and 2h builds.
IGN: sneakyluap
Last edited by sneakyluap on Sep 5, 2013, 11:30:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info