Empower Support Gem, meet Brian at PAX Prime and Race Calendar importing

Just curious, why's caster lvl up gem faster? cause they hit more mobs at the same time?

Anyway, if you ppl wanna know what's the lvl does for this new gem, i guess, this might work:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Geofri%27s_Crest

so, can boost up to lvl 2 and see what effect it added lol
"
daSporky wrote:
Just curious, why's caster lvl up gem faster? cause they hit more mobs at the same time?

Must be your imagination, gems get 10% of your XP and that's it. You don't even have to use them once.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
makes it do more of whatever it does

blank gem is just xp gain
yo newbs. stop making stupid assumptions. you just sound ignorant. and pvp is already in this game if u havent paid attention. go to act2 and talk to greust to join pvp.... jesus people

/e also if u notice the gem has 75% increased xp gain therefore it will take almost half as long to lvl it as it would to lvl a normal gem to 20. so apparently several of u cant read or maybe its the trolls
IGN: G_o_G_o_PowerRanger
Last edited by Psalmin on Aug 30, 2013, 12:03:33 PM
"
Nycro wrote:
I'm guessing by the name and ridiculous amount of exp required to level that it increases the level of gems it's supporting. If it really is what I think it is, that would be pretty insane for casters. I don't understand why you would add it since casters are already in the best position in this game.

Because it's STR based and bypasses other requirements on high level caster gems.
"
Psalmin wrote:
yo newbs. stop making stupid assumptions. you just sound ignorant. and pvp is already in this game if u havent paid attention. go to act2 and talk to greust to join pvp.... jesus people

/e also if u notice the gem has 75% increased xp gain therefore it will take almost half as long to lvl it as it would to lvl a normal gem to 20. so apparently several of u cant read or maybe its the trolls

Hahaha epic fail. First of all, 75% is not almost half. Secondly, 75% is at 15% quality. Thirdly, it's been pointed out since around page 1 that the xp for level 1 is greater than xp to get a normal gem from 19-20. Therefore, it won't take 'almost half as long' to level to 20. It'll still take a long time regardless. Good job flaming and reading.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Rhys wrote:
There is a reason that 15 divides evenly into 75.

Because 15*5=exactly 75 !!

Is this right?

Did i win something?

BTW it is clearly a gem with a 'secret property', the more gcp you spend on the gem, the faster the property is revealed.

Just asking my self if the 'property' is fixed....
Roma timezone (Italy)
*shit, wrong thread*
"The templar is the perfect choice of an honorable man, a true gentleman.
He is a man of god. His words are true and pure.
Finally, he wears no pants because he has no shame to hide."
Aerthas, 2014
Last edited by mothra74 on Aug 30, 2013, 10:08:36 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
sad part is - if this gem simply grants supported gems extra xp - that it is Yet Another buff to Spellcasters

spellcasters gain huge from leveling their gem 18->19->20 (and beyond with items)

melee.. lets see.. something like 5% increased physical dmg?

i hope it does something else

Yeah, ever since the last patch, melee characters have been royally screwed. Extra physical damage or ele damage does NO GOOD when the enemy in cruel and merciless is elemental resistant. This has resulted in more characters being spellcasters and ranged bow users as there is really no benefit to being a "tank" any more.
"
Rhys wrote:

Mm... how about this, then? There is a reason that 15 divides evenly into 75.

Took me a while to realize this was just pointing out what was already readily apparent to me when I looked at the picture. That the experience gain is due to the quality. Thought at first it was implying something else since that part seemed obvious (like that the last 5% quality did something different). So nothing really revealed by that comment to anyone that already made that simple deduction. And Chris' 'at a certain amount of experience' comment is just stating that it does nothing at level 1 basically and needs to hit level 2 before it starts doing something. So the only hints are that it's something that has few stages/levels to it. Adding a level as some have guessed is a decent guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info