Empower Support Gem, meet Brian at PAX Prime and Race Calendar importing

"
mteriba wrote:
Really, what is this? A support gem that doesn't even work until it's been leveled up a few times. Let's look at how much XP it takes...Holy shit is that a lot of XP just to get to level 2! I haven't played this game for a few weeks now and every time I look it's like there are too many anti-gameplay additions to this game. WTF, next are we gonna have a map filled with enemies that take off 75% of health with each hit? Seriously, making all these 'hardcore' things for this game at the expense of good gameplay.

you cant please all.. actually how exactly this add-on badly affects good gameplay? You dont have to use it right? There already were lot of changes recently which favor casuals and noobs. exp penalty nerf, monter accuracy/evasion nerf, monster hp/dmg nerf, some bosses dmg nerf...and more incoming
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:
226.954.909 exp to lvl 2 hmm - insane amount of exp lol :)

I also guess it increases supported gems levels

lvl 1 - +0
lvl 2 - +1
lvl 3(max) - +2

each % of quality gives 5% increased gem exp gain

likely
"
Ludvator wrote:
There already were lot of changes recently which favor casuals and noobs. exp penalty nerf, monter accuracy/evasion nerf, monster hp/dmg nerf, some bosses dmg nerf...and more incoming

Those weren't nerfs, it was long-overdue balancing. The evasion estimate in the game was often off for over 10% or 20%, and that's on normal enemies. Armor estimate should be off as it depends heavily on hit damage but eva should be pretty spot-on except in case of 'hits accurately' monster mod or auras. Monster HP wasn't nerfed, damage was, but our HP and ES got the hammer too so...

Hell, why don't we have an 'attack rating + crit chance' aura too. Right now it's RT or a shitload of dex, a gem spot for accuracy gem is too expensive.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 29, 2013, 4:31:29 AM
The gem will give XP boost or higher level or maybe higher effectiveness but with cool down time (long shot I know), for supported (linked) gems.
IGN: Hydralin
I'll take another shot

Maybe, just maybe, one of the devs fired up some D&D these days. So, empower gem will give you 50% more damage on linked skill but make its requirements 2 levels higher. Heh, as if :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I dont think the exp gain is from its quality.
Its to offset our minds to think about its real effect, but giving this gem such a quality effect would influence the economy by itself. Therefor i think its quality effect is Also Still hidden. Aswell i hope its giving something more inventive than Just + gems. It would Indeed as staten be an unbalancing gem, casters benefit from this way more than anyone else.
"
"
Ludvator wrote:

lvl 1 - +0
lvl 2 - +1
lvl 3(max) - +2

I think this is close to the answer :)

same , it will level other gems at lvl 5 (+1) 10 (+2) 15(+3) 20(+4)
or some multiplier stuff related to effectiveness of the supported skills.
The leveling time of the gem is there to balance the power of the gem and
to please us that play every day most of their free time :)
"
Ludvator wrote:

lvl 1 - +0
lvl 2 - +1
lvl 3(max) - +2

I wonder if this would stack with +gem level items

Cause that would be insane :/
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
I find the idea of support gem, that fastens leveling of other gems, pretty silly. Guys, we dont need that! People are already leveling a lot of gems every day and hour, because it's free. This support will make GCPs and Qgems even more cheap and useless.

I will tell you, how Empower gem should act:
200% mana multiplier
200-300% More damage
200-300% More casting speed
200-300% More attack speed
Supported skills have 4 seconds cooldown
Cannot be used with skills, that already have cooldown, use charges (like discharge or Immortal Call)
Quality bonus - reduces cooldown by 0-20%

To prevent abuse - any summons gems linked to this, will have cooldown on their regular attack, too.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 29, 2013, 5:08:36 AM
Thank you for the calendar, its awesome. Its why I held back on using my inferior coding techniques to make my own csv of the event calendar, (in our previous community calendar project).

Now, lets all go to PAX and find Brian! I was considering asking Brian to sign my poster before as a joke since I knew he was in the US, but I didnt bother =P.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info