Empower Support Gem, meet Brian at PAX Prime and Race Calendar importing

So the gem is at 15% and they have 5 gcp in there stash come on GGG make the first 20% empowered gem!!

Maybe Since there is no strength requirement to were this gem you can change the color of the gem with chromatic orbs?
Today I descend to God hood, and your death shall pave the way.

Last edited by Olechranon on Aug 29, 2013, 10:00:20 AM
"
tmaciak wrote:
"
Gorgarnar wrote:
What is the amulet (I guess) in the picture?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Anvil

This is a clue.

Why should that character have anything at all in his inventory?

The 5GCPs are to take the gem to Q20.

The Anvil is there to show us something, let's look at some of its stats:
10% reduced attack speed
10% reduced cast speed
20% reduced movement speed

I propose that the gem provides attack speed boost, cast speed boost, and movement speed boost.
Something to do with the block chance perhaps(refering to the two shown amulets)?
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
If it empowers the linked skill adding mana cost to "balance" then that is another buff to soul taker....
IGN: LessBow
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Btw Chris,

"
affects other gems once it has been leveled up to a certain amount of experience.

the wording here is bit confusing. Is it about level or is it about a certain amount of experience?

My guess would be that the Gem doesn't level up to level 2 once it reaches max xp. But along the line while it gains experience it will unfold it's effects.

EDIT: on a second thought. If level 1 were the max it were likely to have the 'MAX' next the level like Portal has. Hmmm.

conspiracy theory #19

If Im not mistaken it takes more xp to get this to level 2 than any other gem takes to get to lvl20. Maybe it activates at lvl2, stops gaining xp but instead 'lends' its xp to all supported gems, meaning you drop a gem but all the others become lvl20, and you would keep this setup until they naturally got to 20 where you could swap it out. Obviously the gems would maintain their lvl/stat reqs as if they had the xp themselves.

Another use is, youre bored, you want to make whatever, an incinerate build, youre going to make this shit happen, some skill combo is going to make this op. So lets test out some combos, you grab your tabla rasa, you get out a bunch of lvl1 gems and.... what are you going to do here? How do you know what a lvl20 incinerate is going to be able to do without levelling it to 20? Go to cruel ledge and see what a 5 link level 1 incin does there? No, you take your empower gem and try out the real deal in merciless.

or maybe not :D

For me that is a HIGHLY probable explanation.
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
If it empowers the linked skill adding mana cost to "balance" then that is another buff to soul taker....

dude, every attack skill/support that uses mana is a buff to soultaker, thats how skills work and how soultaker works.

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Btw Chris,
If Im not mistaken it takes more xp to get this to level 2 than any other gem takes to get to lvl20. Maybe it activates at lvl2, stops gaining xp but instead 'lends' its xp to all supported gems, meaning you drop a gem but all the others become lvl20, and you would keep this setup until they naturally got to 20 where you could swap it out. Obviously the gems would maintain their lvl/stat reqs as if they had the xp themselves.

Another use is, youre bored, you want to make whatever, an incinerate build, youre going to make this shit happen, some skill combo is going to make this op. So lets test out some combos, you grab your tabla rasa, you get out a bunch of lvl1 gems and.... what are you going to do here? How do you know what a lvl20 incinerate is going to be able to do without levelling it to 20? Go to cruel ledge and see what a 5 link level 1 incin does there? No, you take your empower gem and try out the real deal in merciless.

or maybe not :D

well if thats the case it wouldnt make sense for it to have no level requirement. It should have like 60+ level required (unless level requirement kicks in at level 2)

I think the + gem level is still the most probable explanation. Also thats a bear trap gem in the inventory
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Aug 29, 2013, 10:25:49 AM
*hint*
The gem isn't white because it doesn't affect gems of all colors.
IGN: Smegacore
I think it'll give +# to all supported gems at certain levels. Like at level 5, it'll be +1, level 10 +2, Level 15 +3 and Level 20 +4.

Or not!
"
Ludvator wrote:
226.954.909 exp to lvl 2 hmm - insane amount of exp lol :)

I also guess it increases supported gems levels

lvl 1 - +0
lvl 2 - +1
lvl 3(max) - +2

each % of quality gives 5% increased gem exp gain

This is probably what the gem will do. What makes it interesting is that if you put Empower into an item with +1 gem level (Geofri for example), it will increase in level (lvl 4 = +3 to gem level) and the Geofri's will also increase all gems by +1 meaning you can essentially give a gem +4 to its level and imagine that now with a rare staff with +2 to fire gem level and +1 to gem level, you would basically have +6 levels for your fire skills :D
Unarmed for life! (although I do like maces too recently)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info