Empower Support Gem, meet Brian at PAX Prime and Race Calendar importing

"
Soranor wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious that Empower empowers other gems by increasing their level. So of course it had to have a lot of xp needed to level it since there can be only 2-3, maybe 4 levels, otherwise it would be overpowered. Quality reduces the time it takes to get that skill level boost. Although I have to admit that would make the level 20 recipe completely useless for Empower.

That's pretty much what I thought as well, although I thought of it as a general buff to the Active skill gem. But a +X to Level of Gems (both Support AND Active) linked to it seems much more straightforward and falls in line with the ridiculous EXP requirement and the fact that it needs to be leveled to work.
Btw Chris,

"
affects other gems once it has been leveled up to a certain amount of experience.

the wording here is bit confusing. Is it about level or is it about a certain amount of experience?

My guess would be that the Gem doesn't level up to level 2 once it reaches max xp. But along the line while it gains experience it will unfold it's effects.

EDIT: on a second thought. If level 1 were the max it were likely to have the 'MAX' next the level like Portal has. Hmmm.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Aug 29, 2013, 9:00:49 AM
Wouldnt make sense for a gem to change in-between levels

Thats what levels are for
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Aug 29, 2013, 9:01:20 AM
"
Mr_Bill wrote:
Based on inventory I say it will give both IIQ and IIR at level 2.

I also think it will only level once and then be enabled and stop leveling, much like the portal gem is always the same level.

Hoping the required stats are a combination of str, int, dex so they will all be in the low range.

plz not some shitty iir iiq thing noone needs that
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 29, 2013, 8:59:06 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
SvenCarlson wrote:
does anyone else see how brilliant that is, go fine one guy among thousands to get epic loot. ;)

Brian, the super rare 'wealth' mob :D

muhahahaha, rofl! keep breathing!
is he accompanied by a diamond kiwi and wears a hat with a health bar?

the gem? ggg again does full justice to it's name.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
oh ggg you sleezy trolls. you just wanted to show off the new shield art.
IGN: Smegacore
"
There were some requests for us to export Race Season Four in a form that players can add to their existing calendars. This link is to a google calendar that you can add to your own google calendar. This link is to an ICS file that can be imported into other software.

I requested this yesterday, and Bam, less than 24 hrs later its available for us! You guys are the best, keep rocking!
Ah, I think I got it. The gem does absolutely nothing except send an alt+F4 to the client just as you're about to die.

The name 'empower' is actually a riddle, like in goddessgate scandal. You might see it as on-power if you're a bit conjunctivitic and you could read it as 'no-power' if you're a bit dyslexic.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Where's Rhys when you need him to clarify things?

And ruin all your deliciously bewildered speculation?

Mm... how about this, then? There is a reason that 15 divides evenly into 75.

Support gem which will make leveling better quality gems easier.
Yet requiring GCP to get this gem to work, so GCP maintain a certain value.
Because per 1% Quality +5% increased gem experience will be gained.
Red socket color to give melee builds a advantage.

Thanks to the above hint, 15% quality hint and the 5 GCP hint.

Next riddle is to find out how leveling increases the gem its potential.
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Btw Chris,

"
affects other gems once it has been leveled up to a certain amount of experience.

the wording here is bit confusing. Is it about level or is it about a certain amount of experience?

My guess would be that the Gem doesn't level up to level 2 once it reaches max xp. But along the line while it gains experience it will unfold it's effects.

EDIT: on a second thought. If level 1 were the max it were likely to have the 'MAX' next the level like Portal has. Hmmm.

conspiracy theory #19

If Im not mistaken it takes more xp to get this to level 2 than any other gem takes to get to lvl20. Maybe it activates at lvl2, stops gaining xp but instead 'lends' its xp to all supported gems, meaning you drop a gem but all the others become lvl20, and you would keep this setup until they naturally got to 20 where you could swap it out. Obviously the gems would maintain their lvl/stat reqs as if they had the xp themselves.

Another use is, youre bored, you want to make whatever, an incinerate build, youre going to make this shit happen, some skill combo is going to make this op. So lets test out some combos, you grab your tabla rasa, you get out a bunch of lvl1 gems and.... what are you going to do here? How do you know what a lvl20 incinerate is going to be able to do without levelling it to 20? Go to cruel ledge and see what a 5 link level 1 incin does there? No, you take your empower gem and try out the real deal in merciless.

or maybe not :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info