Reave

Reave needs to be like Frenzy with the frenzy charges having a timer. How long is the timer is up for debate if the idea of Reave functioning like Frenzy works out.

Though, if attack speed does synergies (just speculating) well with reaching stage 8 much quicker then I will hold back my suggestion for now.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 21, 2013, 5:21:19 AM
I don't know if this is a bug. Even after getting multiple aoe charges, if i reave on a target under my mouse, my character closes in on the target until it is at no-charge range then starts using the skill.I would hope that it would take the aoe range into consideration when im single targeting. For now I find myself having to hold my 'stand still' key at every mob pack.
It doesn't display Damage effectiveness, does it mean it is 100%?
IGN @Ostropalca
really enjoying this skill, its like freezing pulse but for melee :D pretty low lvl atm so gonna be nice to see with lots of increased aoe items/nodes.
Hardcore only, cause yolo :)
Last edited by miektwo on Aug 21, 2013, 5:14:40 AM
I haven't even finished downloading and I'm already really disappointed this skill doesn't work with dual wielding. Dual daggers with reave is pretty much the only reason I was hyped about this patch, since daggers have no good farming aoe. Claws and daggers have whirling blades (uhhhhhhh yeah) and cyclone (which most people don't even bother using with other weapon sets) and with those options you might as well be using dual strike with splash (requires a str gem). I was expecting that reave would be a viable aoe farming option for dual daggers or dual claws and after weeks of waiting I find out it won't work correctly when dual wielding. It's really just a little heartbreaking :(
Please put a dual weapon penalty on it and allow us to dual wield it :(
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Aug 21, 2013, 5:29:56 AM
I've been having fun with Reave but haven't progressed far.

The stacks degenerate quickly. Would it make more sense to lose a stack at each loss interval instead of losing the entire lot. This way we should run in and hit mobs then escape.
IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
reave can be optimized to be highly efficient with the proper passives. so far tested out with my current lvl 84 life based crit dagger shadow in various lvl 66 maps. ran reave (lvl 11) + multistrike + incrased aoe + conc effect + melee physical damage + life leech (survivability setup; can switch out for more dps) and it worked really really nice. tried other gem setups with much much higer dps but this one worked very efficiently with over 10k dps and nice nice survivability from the life leech. the only real problem was the timer. definitely could use a longer timer or at least have the option to modify it via gems. the actual waves are a bit faint and could use a little improvement. maybe a bit more shading and darkening or more of a green hue could be added to give it a more dramatic look. (purely aesthetic)
since 2013'
Last edited by eraserhead_ on Aug 21, 2013, 5:26:51 AM
this skill works optimally when you have whirling blades and a lot of attack speed. you can easily zoom from pack to pack to keep the buff up.
After a first try my only complain about Reave is that charges are lost after use of any skill other than Reave and even after picking up loot. The skill description says only about timeout, not reset after any other interaction. It was said by Chris in very first Reave descrition:
"
The area is reset if you don't hit anything for a short time. If you use a skill other than Reave, the area is also reset.

But second part vanished in final patch notes:
"
The area is reset after a short period without hitting anything.

And is absent in skill description.

So question to Mark: what are exact conditions of losing area with Reave, what part of current behavior (timeout, use of another skill, item pickup/chest opening, flask usage(not sure)) is intended and what is a bug?
IGN: Zarbis, ArcIsBad
Last edited by Zarbis on Aug 21, 2013, 5:58:44 AM
"
Blaa wrote:
I don't know if this is a bug. Even after getting multiple aoe charges, if i reave on a target under my mouse, my character closes in on the target until it is at no-charge range then starts using the skill.I would hope that it would take the aoe range into consideration when im single targeting. For now I find myself having to hold my 'stand still' key at every mob pack.

I came here to say this aswell, when you do not shift+click on someone it walks to the max range of 0 charges and then reaves. Would like to know if this is a bug or if it is intended

Also something else I noticed is that sometimes monsters make the animation of being hit by reave but take no damage(it's always just 1 or 2 monsters out of a pack), might be desynch, but then again it's never happened to me before and other skills work fine on them.
Last edited by Elshaddai on Aug 21, 2013, 6:09:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info