Reave

I find that the stacks wear off to quickly. I think the stack duration needs to be increased by one second, allowing you to reposition when needed.
IGN - Specteri
"
inamory wrote:
devs, does master of the arena or daressos salute amulet increase the AOE range of reave? i tried to test it with daresson but i simply can't tell.

It depends on whether the skill has its own base AoE or it uses weapon range to determine it. I'm interested too which one is the case?

My guess would be predefined AoE, arena and daresso would double the AoE otherwise (that brings me to something I never checked up on... Based on how the other bonuses stack, aoe mods should multiply arena and daresso bonus but i never saw any confirmation of that).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Lotta stuff to dig through, so i dunno if this has been posted or not. But I'm pretty sure Life on Hit is bugged with reave right now. Regardless of how many mobs I hit with the gem (Level 17 Atm, which is 38 per hit) I only gain about 10 hp. With my actual set-up (Multi-Double-Splash-Life on hit with Bringer of Rain) i gain almost 2-300 per second with how many mobs I end up hitting. Even with the rediculous AoE of reave the leech is terrible. Also I think the hit box is kinda wacky. It seems to miss enemies that are within the visual pretty badly.
Shop thread/592423
IGN : Hypnotix_Toad
"
Darkblitz9 wrote:
Apparently it has a bug with Life Gain on Hit (from rumors) but I have confirmed a bug that I experience regularly.

If you hold down shift and just use the wave to attack enemies, the last 20% of additional area is ignored but the hit animation plays. So, if a player has 8 stacks and holds shift they can still hit enemies that are at a distance from them. The problem is that enemies near the edge of this cone show they're being hit but they take no damage and do not perpetuate the stacks.

As for the skill itself, I love it,it's interesting, it gives a new gameplay option and balances between speed and damage very effectively when using multistrike.

I only wish it would include both weapons in a single swing for say a 20-30% damage loss.

Dual Strike is fantastic for dual wield against single targets and Reave was supposed to bring that effect as an AoE skill but it ultimately feels much weaker than dual Strike with Melee Splash.

However, it is extremely effective for 1H + Shield, and may just be the most powerful skill out there if you're using claws or daggers for melee. I dropped Double strike + Melee splash for it and with a lvl 8 Reave I do more damage than my lvl 16 Double strike was giving me.

Ultimately it's very useful for attacking groups and once I get those claw leech nodes I'll be setting up a Single target Double Strike and keeping Reave for groups.

Score: 8/10 I have my gripes with it, but I'm very happy to see this skill. It's interesting, functional, and isn't completely weak, even with its drawbacks.

noticed the same thing.
Love the concept behind the skill, but it seems like it lacks the "spunk" alot of people were expecting.

1) Buff timer is too short to sustain any comparable pace to previous builds.

2) Desync seems to occur much more aggressively with this skill when Shift+attacking.

3) The area of effect from the wave seems inaccurate with the animation (Speaking about the tail end of the wave not doing damage at times)

Unrelated suggestions :D

Lots of people are complaining about the lack of dual-wield viability, and some others are complaining about the lack of a full 360 degree damage effect. Why not combine the 2 and add a function of "If the character is dual-wielding, a projected wave will shoot out the back of the character as a factor of offhand DPS or the damage wave will be broadened to cover 360 degrees around the character" or something.

Single weapon DPS seems fine, but I can see how this would upset alot of people having a skill deemed virtually useless for dual wield. Stacking crit via 2x dagger implicit mods or life leach from 2x claws was something that was looked forward to by many I've spoken with (myself included). But if all the player has to gain from using 2x weapons is explicit global stats, then it seems the only way to go is throwing on a shield (unless you're desperate for accuracy or global crit (multi)).

Needless to say, 78% attack block and 70% Spell block with 20k DPS is pretty fun atm.

Great job so far Mark!

edit:Tested this as a 72 block/crit CI dagger Shadow. Was using Reave + Multistrike + Added Fire dmg + Melee Phys dmg + Melee Damage on Full Life + Concentrated Effect

life leach from a 20Q blood rage is awesome...
Last edited by Xercyst on Aug 21, 2013, 4:06:10 AM
Mark, as the AOE for reave is effected by the AOE nodes, would the AOE be effected by inner force as well?
"
inamory wrote:
i'm lvl 85 using dual wield and i've used reave with bringer of rain linked with multistrike, added fire dmg, critical damage.

i'm very disappointed with this skill in regards to dual wielding because it alternates weapon when dual wielding. this makes the damage poor against high hp mobs. cleave uses both weapons while dual wielding and can also be used with a shield. why doesn't reave do the same?

as it is now, there's no way i'm going to use reave on dual wield as i get the same result using a shield. the 10% attack speed bonus simply doesn't justify alternating the weapons and losing damage on bosses. white mobs are irrelevant as with 20k+ dps they die instantly.

please consider changing it to hit with both weapons at the same time or at least give us a reason for why it doesn't do so :(

i'm very sad.

only positive thing is that the aoe range is good. but my dual strike + melee splash still is better for dual wielding because the damage is higher.

edit: even with damage penalty hitting with both weapons is still better than alternating.

Reave gets superior if you go crit dagger route. You can't just switch from cleave to Reave and expect things to work better; you need to switch build and weapon lol.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Knox283 wrote:
Mark, as the AOE for reave is effected by the AOE nodes, would the AOE be effected by inner force as well?

AoE increase is not a 'buff on yourself', it's a variable mod on skill, similar to stages on incinerate. If by any chance it is affected by inner force it's a bug and should be fixed.

However, if there existed an aura that gave you % more AoE, inner force would affect it.

"
inamory wrote:

Reave gets superior if you go crit dagger route. You can't just switch from cleave to Reave and expect things to work better; you need to switch build and weapon lol.

No alternating skills can ever trump Dual strike, same attack speed, double damage. I vote for damage penalty, 20% at least.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Aug 21, 2013, 4:43:28 AM
I must say, this skill is abit of a disappointment ._.

It has such a small initial AoE, and you have to stand there channeling it before it gets any good (which is something you just can't really do vs stronger enemies)

The buff duration is too short also, it falls off all the time :(

I made a few dagger/claw chars in anticipation of this skill, but I think I'll just stick with melee splash dual strike for now :(

P.S I'm lvl 35 crit dagger shadow atm. I have a 5L so I will do some more testing today and try to make it work, but I think this might just be another 'searing bond' case where GGG is out of touch with the reality of how good certain skill gems actually are (re: "searing bond is viable for mapping" chris quote) xD
IGN: Xiandrii
Timezone: London, GMT
Last edited by xiandrii on Aug 21, 2013, 4:33:45 AM
"
xiandrii wrote:
I must say, this skill is abit of a disappointment ._.

It has such a small initial AoE, and you have to stand there channeling it before it gets any good (which is something you just can't really do vs stronger enemies)

The buff duration is too short also, it falls off all the time :(

I made a few dagger/claw chars in anticipation of this skill, but I think I'll just stick with melee splash dual strike for now :(

P.S I'm lvl 35 crit dagger shadow atm. I have a 5L so I will do some more testing today and try to make it work, but I think this might just be another 'searing bond' case where GGG is out of touch with the reality of how good certain skill gems actually are (re: "searing bond is viable for mapping" chris quote) xD

Given that you can reach 6 attacks per second rather easily with endgame dagger build, isn't that fast enough to quickly build it up?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info