Reave

I will wait until Friday to post more on this, but I tried my first two reave characters this league. A Berserker using the bloodseeker and Dorian Scepter in off hand basically getting blood rage and VP simultaneously. I had T1 phys i84 steel rings with t1 phys marble amulet, I have steel gaunts with inc att speed, phys damage, tried pushing phys with ash and hatred, tried pushing ele with WED but had no pen, tried going phys/chaos/poison/bleed, tried everything but couldn't get the DPS for t13-15 maps to kill the boss in any decent time. Swapped out to BF and absolutely melted and I mean melted bosses... but idk.

Second try was a Raider, similar to Norse's build minus the 300ex in gear. It was so much fun to play but also fairly underwhelming in the DPS category.

Point being this skill requires a 10+ exalt weapon and conc effect to effectively kill most bosses in the t13-15 range without spending 3-4 minutes whacking away.

- Now you totally destroyed and I mean destroyed the range, which was the only thing that made Reave shine, cleave has the same AOE... and it doesn't have stacks. Reave has no place anymore unless it got a threshold gem to bring back its old aoe, or massssssively boost its dps. Again I'll be testing this on my reave characters on standard Friday to update this but it wasn't that used... one streamer played it with 300 ex in gear... and you utterly destroyed its one purpose which was getting big aoe while having shit for damage. Now it is cleave with less DPS and stacks... There is no logic behind this other than you messed up and don't wanna own up to it.
Well after reading the patch notes.... Reave still sucks and has no reason to be used over Cleave. Yay.... It is almost like the reach of the council for melee skills except there is no legacy version.
Just chekced out this skill on my gladiator with no AOE apec'd in. Is this supposed to be a joke? The AOE is worse now despite being told this owould be a good change for anyone who didn't use AOE clusters. So not only is the nearest AOE cluster miles away, but to get it I'd have to forgo actual crit/damage nodes to get them.

With increased AOE the skill is serviceable with it's range, without it it's like a worse version of cleave. There's absolutely zero benefit to using this skill now, it doesn't have the damage of cleave, and it has to build stacks to get greater range than cleave.

Either tune up the damage massively, or tune up the AOE massively. As is it serves little purpose.

EDIT 3/16/17
After running a character through tier 8 maps, I can safetly say this skill is mediocre to bad outside of gladiators. This is soley due to their innate blood explosions. The range is barely better than cleave, and the dps is underwhelming. is there any possible way to give it a satisfying aoe increase, and damage increase without making it too op?

It shouldn't outclass cleave without some serious crit and dps investment, I know, but it's not satisfying as is. Unlike frostblades, which has become a wonderful skill.
Last edited by Attlus on Mar 16, 2017, 9:38:49 PM
Can you bring back Reave into the game?

I'd be much appreciated.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
This gem used only by standard mirrored weapon players, if you using none mirrored good phys weapons you wont be able to close end-game content with this gem. Boost its power, not everyone is a standard legacy/mirrored weapon holders.

Any changes to the skill yet? my old comment still relevant
really liked my old reave build but now ist not viable, blade flurry destroys shit while reave is just chilling around doing nuttin...

please buff other melee games so we can Play build variety and not everyone Needs to Play blade flurry

the game right now feels utter garbage cuz the diversity where the game was really good at got dropped

especially with double dipping changes
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
I might be resonating other people thoughts, but here goes:

Ever since Blade flurry was introduced I can't for the life of me create a build in Path of Building in which the Blade flurry DPS is not 2+ times as high as reave's. Adding to that reave is way more awkward to play, and probably needs some sort of attack speed investment over blade-flurry, it seems to me that it is basically flawed by design at the moment.

Due to how poison stacks work, Blade flurry outshines reave night and day when it comes to poison DPS because of the explosion, so those builds are a no-go for reave.
But also in the pure physical DPS departement i see no way to use reave over blade flurry

The reave cooldown time is too low; although it creates a fast and furious playstyle. With blade flurry the area is bigger on zero stacks, which makes mapping faster to begin with, and you don't need to fiddle around and fly into dangerous stuff to keep up the stacks. (excluding time-based stuff like harbinger spawns or different bosse's transition, which conveniently are a tad longer than Reave's stack timer)

You probably realize there is a one-shot kill shaper blade flurry build. Try slapping a reave into that PoB and notice the colossal drop in DPS.
Google-ing for a reave build with the 3.0 tag is also invain.

Vaal reave is fun and all, but you have to sacrifice MORE gems and upkeep/micro/fiddeling than blade flurry.

As far as im concerned, reave is a gimmick at the moment; and i really, really want to use that sweet MTX and slice something on the screen without having to resort to blade flurry; time and time again.

My take on the future of this gem is trying to increase the stacks to 5/6 and/or specialize it into physical damage. Basically, make it outclass Blade Flurry in ANY way; just as blade flurry does to reave now on all fronts. Maybe try and think of something incorporating bleed?
And for the love of god, give me an extra second to work with on that timer..
I miss playing my reave character, just feels too bad to play when cleave, sweep, blade flurry, frost blades, spectral throw all out damage and out aoe Reave.
Slightly buffed in AoE so the dmg will be still lacking compared to other options, but the AoE might work Ok on the new 6-7 link gloves/helmets as an AoE option filling for some other better single target setup.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61aBeR51xJ8

Character animation and sound feel completely detached from the semicircle animation.

I am convinced it wasn't like that before, I always liked Reave for feeling super snappy.

Hoping this goes away with ASPD and is just a little off when starting out?
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on May 11, 2021, 5:46:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info