Reave

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Nov 10, 2022, 10:41:05 AM
Not compatible with dual-wield. I'm going to cry a bit. :(

*Minor spelling edit.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
PocketMonsters, ElectronicArts, CommandAndConquer, CaptainFairgraves, AgentTanya, OcarinaOfTime
Last edited by Spikey00 on Aug 20, 2013, 11:54:49 PM
"
Spikey00 wrote:
Not compatible with duel-wield. I'm going to cry a bit. :(

Its very compatible.
IGN: RennacVD
Anyone know if there's some way to increase the timer on the increased aoe? Seems like it's 2 sec or something which isn't alot. Since there's no duration tag on the skill description I'm guessing anything that increases skill duration won't work but is it considered a buff? If so, increased buff duration nodes should work.
Though I'm guessing it should still work pretty nicely with multistrike.
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
This skill almost requires the use of Multistrike for near instant charge building. It also scales insanely well with AoE nodes from the tree. Out of the box with a build I designed a couple weeks ago, it is insanely fun. I think this is a home run skill so far just because of how it is designed. It's not a stand back and just hit things from a distance skill. You have to get in and get dirty to get it started. Once you have it started, you can start hitting almost everything around you with multistrike.

I also like the built in drawback of how short the timer is. It forces you to be active with the build and not just one click to win.
Is it intended that when interacting with any objects in the game world, the buff disappears? This includes opening doors or chests and looting items. Note that you don't even have to perform the action itself, just clicking on an object removes the buff right away even if the object is on the other side of the screen.
"
bliss1234 wrote:
"
Spikey00 wrote:

Its very compatible.

Just as alternating hands. I've been hoping a little for another skill besides dual strike and cleave that utilizes both simultaneously.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
PocketMonsters, ElectronicArts, CommandAndConquer, CaptainFairgraves, AgentTanya, OcarinaOfTime
The buff is incredibly short, as said already multistrike is required.

It limits the skill a bit too much id say. Add a second and it might just be perfect.
IGN: RennacVD
"
keyarchan wrote:
Anyone know if there's some way to increase the timer on the increased aoe? Seems like it's 2 sec or something which isn't alot. Since there's no duration tag on the skill description I'm guessing anything that increases skill duration won't work but is it considered a buff? If so, increased buff duration nodes should work.
Though I'm guessing it should still work pretty nicely with multistrike.
The skill counter cannot be increased or manipulated in any way.
"
Doesn't temporal chains extend the duration of all buffs and debuffs on you? Increased duration nodes don't affect charge duration but temporal chains does.
Yes, temporal chains will affect it. Nothing else.
"
Spikey00 wrote:
"
bliss1234 wrote:
"
Spikey00 wrote:

Its very compatible.

Just as alternating hands. I've been hoping a little for another skill besides dual strike and cleave that utilizes both simultaneously.
Dual strike does this explicitly to be something cool and special that's different from other skills. Cleave does it (and has a big penalty to damage while dual wielding to try to make up for it) because of animations.
It is unlikely that other skills will do this, because that's simply not how dual wielding is supposed to work.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 21, 2013, 1:09:57 AM
i'm lvl 85 using dual wield and i've used reave with bringer of rain linked with multistrike, added fire dmg, critical damage.

i'm very disappointed with this skill in regards to dual wielding because it alternates weapon when dual wielding. this makes the damage poor against high hp mobs. cleave uses both weapons while dual wielding and can also be used with a shield. why doesn't reave do the same?

as it is now, there's no way i'm going to use reave on dual wield as i get the same result using a shield. the 10% attack speed bonus simply doesn't justify alternating the weapons and losing damage on bosses. white mobs are irrelevant as with 20k+ dps they die instantly.

please consider changing it to hit with both weapons at the same time or at least give us a reason for why it doesn't do so :(

i'm very sad.

only positive thing is that the aoe range is good. but my dual strike + melee splash still is better for dual wielding because the damage is higher.

edit: even with damage penalty hitting with both weapons is still better than alternating.
My Build http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/496321
Gear shops thread: 486133 and 460916
Jewelry shop thread: 512124
IGN: Elyf
Last edited by inamory on Aug 21, 2013, 12:02:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info