Final 0.11.4 Deployment Timeline

Once you get to downloading the larger files, it should shoot up to whatever your max dl speed is.
Dumbest idea ever! A 15 hour patch, when they should have done 15 patches over a month of 1 hour a piece.
"If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed"
MM
I'm on 5 hours downloading, and at 44% This is by far the dumbest way to patch I have ever seen!
"If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed"
MM
Cryyyyyy
"
Kerosene1 wrote:
Dumbest idea ever! A 15 hour patch, when they should have done 15 patches over a month of 1 hour a piece.

"
Kerosene1 wrote:
I'm on 5 hours downloading, and at 44% This is by far the dumbest way to patch I have ever seen!

Downloaded in 15 minutes. Thank you GGG.
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
Kerosene1 wrote:

"
Kerosene1 wrote:

Congratulations, you won the geogralottery! You live in an area where the CDN has actually provided adequate bandwidth, so you can now smugly talk about how fast your internet connection is and declare that there is no problem!
"
Sayyid wrote:
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
Kerosene1 wrote:

"
Kerosene1 wrote:

Congratulations, you won the geogralottery! You live in an area where the CDN has actually provided adequate bandwidth, so you can now smugly talk about how fast your internet connection is and declare that there is no problem!

Why smugly? I live in Europe and only intended to indicate that some people are pleased with the GGG's decision of making only 1 big patch, instead of rudely calling them "dumb" time after time just because, in his endless wisdom, he or she decided to play Internet based games with insufficient Internet bandwidth and expects miracles.
Last edited by Bhaya on Aug 21, 2013, 3:18:58 AM
"
Bhaya wrote:
Why smugly? I live in Europe and only intended to indicate that some people are pleased with the GGG's decision of making only 1 big patch, instead of rudely calling them "dumb" time after time just because somebody in their endless wisdom decided to play Internet based games with insufficient Internet bandwidth and expects miracles.

This is exactly why you just got called smug. Protip: when someone says "the CDN" lacks bandwidth in certain geographic areas, they are indicating the problem is upload-side, not user-side. Specifically, the company that GGG hired to distribute this patch is giving all of their bandwidth to Europe right now, and most of America is suffering from extremely slow/capped download speeds.

This could have been avoided if the patch were a series of smaller ones, or if the CDN actually bothered to rig up more servers where they are needed rather than where it is convenient for them to do it.
"
Sayyid wrote:
This is exactly why you just got called smug. Protip:...

Protip: Don't call people names and don't assume their state of mind without knowing them well or without asking them first about their intentions. It will immensely help you in life. Technology and its problems has nothing to do with that.
Last edited by Bhaya on Aug 21, 2013, 3:43:36 AM
I used the defrag tool, then turned on PoE, and it says I have to download 3,77gb, so, the entire game again. It took 20 goddamn hours to download the 1.84gb patch yesterday and today and now I have to download twice as much!?! This entire 'patch' process has been ludicrous and farcical.

One hour later: At current speeds, it will take another 25 hours to download the remainder, which is not even guaranteed to work. Adding that to the 20 hours I've already spent on this patch/process, that's a total of 45 hours. 45 hours.
Last edited by Fatalyzm on Aug 21, 2013, 3:31:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info