ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

I am sorry if I came off like a #@%$! I am really frustrated, becuase I just got back to PoE after one year. I had a perfectly fine Blender doing 22k DPS (it was 27k, but I respecced for more survivability), but I got bored with it.. Why I quit a year back. Your build looked so much fun and so strong.. I sold my weapons and armor to be able to afford this. And now it's just so weak haha xD!

I fixed the gear and gems. I already used it the right way, but then changed it. I will change my shield and boots when I reach level 68 and 69.

Current:
Spoiler

Boots/Shield I will use later:
Spoiler

My tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEEfgSxBbUF-Q5IEZYV8Ba_GtsbrSP2JJ0k_SaVMHEyATpCOlg94kjuSn1LeExgVUtW-lpIYeJiWmegbXtwUnRBd9d4rn11fyt_xoIehxmHdofbjDaVZpsmoSKiQKKjo4qmf6c0r-uxs7IZtUi307vjwFHB88SixqLN6s96037UI9UA1orXy9sL3aje9uOE51TndOjW6xTtQe4O7_Dz6vT4_MX-ug==

And I do 7993 DPS with Hatred on! :\

Thank you for your help! :)
Last edited by Sleepy92 on Jun 2, 2014, 9:10:06 AM
Ok, I am at out for the day now but will take a look when I get back later today.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Ok, I am at out for the day now but will take a look when I get back later today.

Thanks bro look forward to your respons:)

Btw, I am level 68 now and got that shield along with EB. I have little mana issues now, since I also run Clarity. I have 830 mana. The DPS is still under 8k :\ I even use 20/20 Lightning Strike now :o
Last edited by Sleepy92 on Jun 2, 2014, 11:04:44 AM
"
Sleepy92 wrote:

Btw, I am level 68 now and got that shield along with EB. I have little mana issues now, since I also run Clarity. I have 830 mana. The DPS is still under 8k :\ I even use 20/20 Lightning Strike now :o

You could try swapping out a ring to have increased mana regen rate on it. Another option is to go get mana geyser near the charisma cluster.

As for the dps issue. It could be because the LS build is very crit based. Your dagger has low base crit and also your tree has 6? crit nodes on it. As you level up it should get much better. 20 points of straight offense will hopefully skyrocket your dps.
IGN: EpiphoneWinterBird
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Hi man I took a look at your tree - you have no dagger damage nodes! You are only spec'd into a few melee physical nodes no wonder you have such low DPS. You need dagger damage nodes and crit multiplier. You are missing almost TEN dagger nodes several of which give massive damage like Adder's Touch. You could even use a sword with your tree right now and you will probably have nearly the same DPS because you have only gotten a few melee nodes.

You cannot compare my build at level 90 when you are level 67 with no weapon nodes and expect the same DPS - but at least now you know why it is so low now. Your DPS will only get HIGHER now.

Light Pen is very mana hungry so use something else until you level up some more - you can replace Light Pen with any of these blue gems with lower mana cost that give good damage:
- PCoC (recommended)
- Inc. Crit Damage
- Inc. Crit Chance

This is what I recommend if you want high DPS soon:
1. Use LS -> Life Leech -> Multistrike -> Power Charge on Critical. If you already have life leech on gear take out Life Leech gem and use Weapon Elemental Damage or Added Fire Damage. I prefer Life Leech gem because I have no leech on gear and I play hard maps so I need the quality on Life Leech for faster leech rate
2. Get Power Charge node
3. Get From the Shadows dagger damage node
4. Get Bloodthirst crit chance node
5. Get Nightstalker dagger node - this will give you a lot of CRIT CHANCE and some mana from the energy shield %
6. Lastly get Adder's Touch dagger node - this will give you CRIT MULTIPLIER
7. Finish up defense and get the block nodes

I think this way you get the fastest damage as soon as possible for little points. If you want even more damage get Amulet with crit chance, crit multiplier, and weapon elemental damage - but now you are losing a lot of spell block without Lazhwar - up to you.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 2, 2014, 11:24:02 PM
Yes, I traded in some block nodes to get some more damage. I am up to 11k DPS with 3 power charges and I still have some damage nodes to go. Also A LOT of block nodes and life nodes. So, I think I'll be good the higher level I get! The difference between level 90 and 67 is really big. I am now level 70 and saw I didn't do all 3 pirateguy quests and got 2 more points from that aswell :)

I still don't know if it was a good idea to give up my 22-27k DPS blender for it :P once I reach level 90 I should have some more currency aswell and might be able to get a better dagger or something^^ We'll see :D

Thanks for helping me with my tree etc!^^
I'm working on revamping the guide and updating a few things. Also working on a new build based on an old idea discussed before in these threads - it is a heavy spell defense build:

- In end game maps - the only time I ever die (like 99%+ of the time) is from spells!! Things like: Academy boss cyclone, Atziri flameblasts, A'alai rain, Olmec's spells, etc. I've stacked spell avoidance already as high as it can go, so now I am focusing on mitigation with high max resistances and also an Immortal Call set up

- This build will abandon regular block, and only use evasion + dodge + spell dodge + max spell block

- Saffell's frame shield is the key piece for +max resistances and easy spell block

- Bringer of Rain + Stone of Lazhwar -> you only have to take a couple of block nodes to get to max spell block. In theory if you had a 120% legacy spell block Saffell you would only need to invest in 1 block node to get max spell block using BofR and Lazhwar.

- Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics

- Atziri's Step

- Vaal Grace

- Crit based build so I can use resistance flasks constantly with surgeon's

Expected stats:
- ~50% evasion + blind
- Right now tree has 270%+ life (we save points on the tree by not having to get too much block nodes like before), I may take this down to about 220% - 240% and get more damage nodes
- 40% dodge
- 46% spell dodge
- 75% spell block
- ~80% all resistancs, with flasks I would be at ~90% with great up time thanks to recharge on crit, with Divinitaion Distillate I would reach about 96%. I may run 1 resistance aura - so that resistance would then be capped at 100%
- Skills: still trying to decide on this, mostly likely dagger skill and I may keep Lightning Strike
- Let us not forget Vaal Grace - this would easily cap my dodge and spell dodge at 75%!
- Some may say that I may have trouble with regular attacks now that I have no block - this may be true, I plan to test but the differences may be almost unnoticeable

So my max defensive state would be:
- ~50% regular evasion (may reach higher with Jade, I need to test) + blind
- 75% regular dodge
- 75% spell dodge
- 75% spell block
- Standalone ~80% resistances, capable of reaching 100% for one resistance and 96% for the others with flasks
- In theory I now have ~6% chance of taking spell damage with Vaal Grace, and a regular 14% chance of taking spell damage. With 90% resistances I am now reducing all elemental spell damage I take by 60% from what I was taking with only 75% resistances. With Divination Distillate and at 96% all res, spell damage is reduced by 84% from before.
- If I really like this I may make the trek to the Witch flask nodes so now I will most definitely be able to hit 99% all res easily, but otherwise will be at 93% max resistances with regular uptime
- The only thing I may be missing is Enduring Cry + Immortal Call setup. If I can figure out how to get 4s+ Immortal Call on automatic (otherwise I would just use manual cast) that would be awesome and I expect this to be the strongest build I have made to date xD
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 3, 2014, 8:41:16 AM
without using block you won't notice much of a difference if any, especially if you retain that insane DPS in the least.

i've tested it out on another character awhile ago while using saffell's, which is the second best shield in the game, second to rathpith globe IMO, but you definitely want a "legacy" one for more spell block as well as higher resistances.

in any case with the couple of evasion and dodge you'll still only have approx 30% chance to be hit by melee attacks. of course with ondar's ranged will still be a non issue so literally the only type of physical attack that will hit you is melee. since any trash mob in melee range won't have time to hit you before they're dead, this is also a non issue.
things such as elites, rares or bosses will be blinded by your BoR which will drop their chance to hit significantly (don't feel like doing the math right now) to probably around a 15% chance to hit with melee attacks. this of course would be completely negated with immortal call if you can get a CWDT setup or just manual cast doesn't matter.

so in reality you won't notice much of a difference. you will see yourself getting hit more often in big groups, which will just be the mob hitting you their first attempt (again about a 30% chance to hit) but after that they're either dead or blind and won't hit you again. this damage is negated by your decent life pool, you won't be one shot, and by your sustain value either by life leech LGoH or regen.

if you think about it cery we've always been overkill with the physical mitigation anyway and the only threat is spell dmg, especially physical dmg spells (cue immortal call CWDT). so to make this work i thikn you're on the right path but a CWDT setup would be needed. not really sure how you could get that with BoR though depending what your other gems are reserved as. but at least you don't need to worry about a vaal double strike or something like that, so if you can fit a TWO link in one weapon, then have vaal grace just sitting in the wind, or maybe use the socket ring for the vaal grace if you could spare it.

be interesting. i still visit the forums but i don't play anymore. i do miss the build i just transitioned to tho and your build here does in theory seem to be the most defensively strong build i've ever heard of in the game, period.
great job mate

edit: the only thing that sucks is without block and only evasion/dodge the normal Grace aura is almost a must - so that takes away either more dps by means of aura or more resistances by purity auras.
Last edited by iRace82 on Jun 3, 2014, 11:49:51 AM
Hi JunKx, happy you are still around!. Thanks for comments you are 100% right on all.

- My evasion will be a little higher than 30% because I plan to take more evasion nodes around the Nullifications since I no longer need to invest in a lot of block nodes
- If I can get above 55% with Jade that would be great
- As you mention - we are overkill against regular attacks. I was blind to this and did not notice until I came back from a break so I could look at the build with fresh eyes. Spells and degen have always been my weakness
- I think for EC - what I need is something to automatically generate EC for me then I will manually use high level IC for rare cases when I need a couple of seconds
- With Blind + enfeeble - I need to see how this feels without block. You did not notice any diff? I actually get hit more with Lightning Strike vs Double Strike if i play in melee range because I do not apply blind to groups of mobs easily with LS. I noticed this after studying my videos, so I may have to change back to melee because I will rely heavily on blind
- Arggg links will be tight with bringer, i will probably run one 40% res aura depending on map boss, and 1 60% aura. Great observation about Grace I was thinking about this but maybe I do not need it and could use Hatred like I do currently for LS build

Really excited to try this now. This build will reach true potential with good flasks. I tried to go to Marauder max res nodes but it was too far so I plan to try Witch flask nodes instead.

Also I heard rumor of a new evasion unique shield coming out, if true cant wait to see what it is.

EDIT - just realized flask nodes would also effect Div Distillate, so now I can definitely reach 100% all max res. I need to figure out how to use a lot of mana because div is only active when it gives you mana and stops if you ever hit topped mana.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 3, 2014, 2:51:14 PM
with blind AND enfeeble, no i didn't notice a difference. the only thing i did notice was i had to start actually using enfeeble. most of the time i just had it available and NEVER used it...more of a uh oh moment type of thing.
but without block you'll want to cast it much more often. still not vs trash mobs, they are never a problem but especially if LS is having trouble blinding then you'll cast on probably all elites/rares/bosses.

the thing that sucks most about having lower than 45% evasion is ondar's guile. without block and without 95% chance to evade projectiles, they will start hitting you ESPECIALLY when you get cursed with projectile weakness. you'll still have very high avoidance but ya, if you can keep jade flask going that'd actually be better than rolling grace, in fact.

so what are you trying to do? i just ran through your current LS builds tree and altered it to take out some block nodes and try to get the flask effect nodes and more HP and its looking like this

with BoR and saffell's (115% and up) you're looking at 45% base block, which would obviously not be used, but that would translate to 74% spell block with shield/lazhwar. rolling an extra curse on lazhwar would probably be the best idea, instead of more block/spell block.
this also gives you a pretty high 242% hp.

im not as knowledgeable on the attack you'd need to utilize, especially since im not sure what your dps is like without shock stacks and whatnot. i know you have that mirrored dagger so that could pick up some slack in either dps passives or alternating attack gems i dunno.

as for links...ya it'll be tight. what are you planning right now? obviously you got your atk on your BoR, umm auras on either gloves or boots. but if you're only able to run two auras, 60% and 40% then you could run that with reduced mana on either shield or weap so that would help.

as for automatically generating EC i don't see it happening with what you have planned. it would take a lot more micro-managing but you could just link in the saffell's EC IC and increased duration for all manual casting, especially since you wouldn't need to do it often, and just not run a CWDT.
so then in your gloves you could run two curses, enfeeble and w/e with increased AoE and increased duration or something. then on your boots you can run whatever you want, alternative attack (double strike faster attacks multi and LGoH) or w/e.

interesting. will be fun to see what you come up with

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info