ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

New vid for Lightning Strike build!

Death and Taxes - Unique Level 75 Map
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_wRAGlW5p4&feature=youtu.be

This was not what I expected because I had a lot of trouble with the animated weapons, and less problems with the boss. I recommend using Enfeeble on the weapons and Temp Chains on the bosses.

The weapons were also hard to see so the curse helped to mark them for me. Having evasion flasks help against the weapons.

Good strategy is to draw the weapons away from boss -> temp chains them -> then rush and attack boss -> then retreat when the weapons get close. I tried straight tanking the boss, which is doable but if there are too many weapons I start going into a lot of block/stun recovery.

EDIT: guide updated. Last thing to add is my DPS screenshots and some map strategies.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 8, 2014, 8:06:07 PM
Hi!

I have always been a phys crit build lover since the beginning of OB (the orig Invalesco guide was my Bible). When I came back to the 2wk charity race I once again rolled a range phys crit build. I was inspired in my build by both the Goratha spec and your spec. I thought I would post my results here to perhaps help in furthering your build design and give other people ideas.

Here is my passive tree at lvl 90: (Bandits: Oak, Point(perhaps should have done oak), Alira)
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4EfgSxBX0FtQX5CC4OSBGWFfAWvxi9GYoZjhnVGo8a2yLqI_YkPCT9JpUnqStvLYMwcTB8MgEzDDpCOlhJUUp9S3hMYFFHVUtWLVbqVvpaSFptYeJirGegbXtwUnBWcLt9dX8rf8aHGYd2h9uIQow2jX2Nv5AblWaXBpoTmyabjZu1nZadqqZ_pzSnXKp_qrisf7GzshmyRLVIu-PAUcHFwzrEosaiz3rTftQj1QDWitad29TdqN7244TnVOd06NbrFO1B7YPuDu_w8-r22vsJ_MX-uv_e

And current gear:

Spoiler

I have found the Lightning Coil to be extremely powerful when coupled with Evasion/Dodge. I took the reduced mana reserve nodes so that I could run Grace in addition to Hatred and Purity of Lightning. Build is at 4.8k life (limited due to jewelry, could prob have easy 5.5k+ life with life on every piece) and resists are currently 75/75/78/-7 with 9000evasion (49%), 40Dodge, and 46Spell Dodge and 28block.

Have been trying to figure out how to work in block with the build but it is really hard. Offensively my Spectral Throw is around 5.5k tooltip and Molten Strike around 23k (this skill even freezes *most* invasion bosses, so much fun!). I have also tried Lightning Strike (16k tooltip with 4L (replaced molten strike in helm with LS) and now power charges) but the mana leech nerfs make it hard even with 660 mana pool (60 unreserved)

One way to increase this builds survivability against spells would be to Vaal Orb the Atrizi Steps to get GRBW sockets, which would allow switching of grace for Purity of Fire for bosses like Crematorium (Or hatred if you really need the evasion)

I will try to find some time this week to post some character screenshots.
Last edited by phaenx on Jun 9, 2014, 10:47:22 PM
"
phaenx wrote:
Hi!

I have always been a phys crit build lover since the beginning of OB (the orig Invalesco guide was my Bible). When I came back to the 2wk charity race I once again rolled a range phys crit build. I was inspired in my build by both the Goratha spec and your spec. I thought I would post my results here to perhaps help in furthering your build design and give other people ideas.

Here is my passive tree at lvl 90: (Bandits: Oak, Point(perhaps should have done oak), Alira)

And current gear:

Spoiler

I have found the Lightning Coil to be extremely powerful when coupled with Evasion/Dodge. I took the reduced mana reserve nodes so that I could run Grace in addition to Hatred and Purity of Lightning. Build is at 4.8k life (limited due to jewelry, could prob have easy 5.5k+ life with life on every piece) and resists are currently 75/75/78/-7 with 9000evasion (49%), 40Dodge, and 46Spell Dodge and 28block.

Have been trying to figure out how to work in block with the build but it is really hard. Offensively my Spectral Throw is around 5.5k tooltip and Molten Strike around 23k (this skill even freezes *most* invasion bosses, so much fun!). I have also tried Lightning Strike (16k tooltip with 4L (replaced molten strike in helm with LS) and now power charges) but the mana leech nerfs make it hard even with 660 mana pool (60 unreserved)

One way to increase this builds survivability against spells would be to Vaal Orb the Atrizi Steps to get GRBW sockets, which would allow switching of grace for Purity of Fire for bosses like Crematorium (Or hatred if you really need the evasion)

I will try to find some time this week to post some character screenshots.

Hi, thanks for posting your gear and build! Yeah it is tough to get high block without Bringer of Rain and/or a lot of nodes. It is interesting to hear how Light Coil and Molten Strike are working out for you. I have yet to try them both. I guess you are not using Blind? Would be interested to hear more about your build and anything that gives a challenge for you.

BTW - are you level 90 on Invasion?! Pretty impressive - grats!!.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 10, 2014, 1:51:58 AM
Posting 2 new videos:

1. Level 77 Shrine - Double Bosses with Shocked Ground, 33% Increased Monster Damage, 30% Increased Boss Damage, and 25% Increased Boss Attack Speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDMkILZy8KQ
If my calculations are correct, the combination of shocked ground, +33% monster damage, and +30% boss damage creates a damage scenario similar to -max for Piety's elemental attacks, but I think it could be harder than -Max because the damage increases are affecting all her damage not just elemental (which -max would only affect).

2. Level 78 Courtyard - Double Bosses with -20 Maximum Resitances, Physical Reflect 18%
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwcwiyLuFA0&feature=youtu.be
This vid helps to really show how flexible the LS build is. This map would have been nearly impossible to complete as melee as the -max makes the bosses hit hard and I would certainly kill myself with reflect. However with LS I can switch to purely range mode to minimize reflect and to play safe (somewhat xD).

Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 10, 2014, 1:53:38 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Hi, thanks for posting your gear and build! Yeah it is tough to get high block without Bringer of Rain and/or a lot of nodes. It is interesting to hear how Light Coil and Molten Strike are working out for you. I have yet to try them both. I guess you are not using Blind? Would be interested to hear more about your build and anything that gives a challenge for you.

BTW - are you level 90 on Invasion?! Damn, that's pretty impressive - grats!!.

Ya, BoR seems really fun; thinking about trying it in next 4month leagues. Blind would be nice, but hard to add it in without a 6L. Any physical boss I just enfeeble and attack at range, sometimes I will Ele Weak+ Molten Strike if I know I can freeze the boss. As you mentioned in a previous post, Spell Damage is often what kills many builds and so I recently included the Atrizi boots to give better mitigation against spells. Might mess around with Lazhar/Rathpith and some passives to bump up the spell block while trying to maintain high evasion.

I did not start using Lightning Coil until around level 87, and there was a point before using the Coil that I got hit by Ossecati invader for 4.6k (out of a 5.2k health pool at the time in a 75 map). Now with the Coil I notice physical hits much less, although making up for the -60 has been challenging.

Think I just need a better dagger in order to sustain LS under current leech mechanics.

edit: Yes, I leveled the build up to 87 in the 2week charity event, and finished 87->90 in invasion. Build could use another 2points so i might try to grind out 92.

edit2: Molten Strike makes for a great single target ability for this build, someday when LS gets buffed (or Glacial Strike added to the game) this build will be even more fun.
Last edited by phaenx on Jun 10, 2014, 2:02:39 AM
What's your dps w/o mirrored dagger?
"
What's your dps w/o mirrored dagger?

Check my video on level 77 Shrine Piety with 200 pDPS dagger in the video section of LS - I had about 12K LS damage, I used Light Pen support gem with LS + LL + Multistrike. If you use something like LS + Inc. Crit Damage + Multistrike + WED or Added Fire Damage - your DPS will be much higher. I can test and post those numbers.

Light Pen has no affect on the tooltip DPS but helps a lot against elemental resistance mobs if you do the math - you will see it gives the highest damage increase against those mobs.
"
Junkx wrote:
ceryneian i've been thinking about something regarding your build.

after doing some math regarding my build and my duelists build i've come to the realization that #1 you are heavily overdone on physical damage mitigation and #2 atziri steps are not a good option of boots for your current build.

we'll start with the math. right now your physical dmg mitigation without grace blind or enfeeble is sitting at around 90% figuring 32% evade 40% dodge and 75% block. soon as something is blind and enfeebled you're obviously 99% avoidance chance.
now with spell mitigation, with 75% block and 30% dodge you're looking at a flat 82.5% chance to avoid all dmg. with the atziri steps (+16% dodge) that only gets boosted to 86.5%. that 16% spell dodge sounds great but really only gives you a measly 4% effectiveness.

So heres what i think. I think you should either

#1 keep the atziri boots and spec out of acrobatics/phase acrobatics. this will allow you a handful of passives, tone down your physical mitigation so you're not so overdone with it by cutting out dodge and allows you to keep all your armor and ES. in turn you could use elderich battery to get the FULL ES amount into mana too, if need be.

numbers wise if you did this you'd still be looking at a physical avoidance of 83% without blind or enfeeble. with blind you're approx 91% avoidance and with enfeeble added you're at 97.5% avoidance even WITHOUT grace. with grace it would obviously be much higher, but still not necessarily needed. against projectiles you'd still be 91% avoidance without blind/enfeeble and 99% with blind/both.
as for spell mitigation with 75% block and 16% dodge you're still sitting at 79% avoidance. this is not a big drop from your current 86.5% with 46% spell dodge. also not a big drop from just phase acro 30% spell dodge at 82.5.

#2 keep acrobatics/phase acro but lose the atziri steps. this would take your spell avoidance from 86.5 to 82.5% but in turn you could use the blood dance boots for a lot more regen if you added in frenzy charges, or possibly the windscream unique boots that give another curse, and 10% elemental dmg +1x% all resistances.

just couple suggestions. i think the best would be to just use a different pair of boots if there is another unique that is useful for you. if not then it doesn't really matter, but you have some options there.

Gonna revisit this post from JunkX. My reply to this post back in the thread was that you really need Spell Dodge if you are doing high level dangerous spell maps like Academy, Crematorium, etc.

So if you are not doing this build to such a high level, then I recommend you skip taking Dodge. You can save up to 6-7 points that you can put into damage (crit / phys damage, accuracy), mana, life, etc.

I ran the original axe build that has the same defenses as LS with Dodge at first, and then took off Dodge for about 2 months - I hardly noticed any difference against attacks. However, on the high level spell heavy maps - you will definitely notice the missing spell dodge.

So if you are running level 76+ maps then I recommend you get the dodge nodes, otherwise feel free to skip Dodge and use the points elsewhere.

I really wish Phase Acro was separate from Acrobatics so I could take the spell dodge for 1 point and skip the 5 points of regular dodge!! xD
Last edited by Ceryneian on Jun 15, 2014, 9:10:15 AM
Want to test a few new things. Anyone using Lightning Coil successfully with this build? Would be great to hear how it is working for you - PM or post here xD. Someone also suggest I try Puncture so I'll be testing that out and would require different type of playing style.
ya since you're a crit build, might as well have puncture even without any supports just to get added DPS on single targets - crit punctures are insane.

i've always wanted to do a melee puncture build but eh, didn't get round to it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info