ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hi there,

Awesome build first of all.

But i have a kinda problem. Soul Taker is to damn expensive atm about 50ex. I cant sustain my mana pool to do damage for more than 3 seconds. Ive got belt and gloves with 2% mana leech each and also a passive node 2% leech. Still it wont help. If i tried to remove Mele Splash i can handle with mana for about 15 seconds but that way i do lack huge AOE of Ur build and mess it up totaly.
If U or someone have any suggestions it will be nice.

My best Regards
Increase your mana pool.
"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Is it possible to use Aegis Aurora Shield with this build?
Is it viable and still have max block and spell block?

You can't get max spell block but you can get close.

"
Asuferoth wrote:
Hi there,

Awesome build first of all.

But i have a kinda problem. Soul Taker is to damn expensive atm about 50ex. I cant sustain my mana pool to do damage for more than 3 seconds. Ive got belt and gloves with 2% mana leech each and also a passive node 2% leech. Still it wont help. If i tried to remove Mele Splash i can handle with mana for about 15 seconds but that way i do lack huge AOE of Ur build and mess it up totaly.
If U or someone have any suggestions it will be nice.

My best Regards

If you attack fast enough more mana leech wont help you. I ran this build w/o a soul taker on mana and i had to have about 120 mana regen to sustain while attacking.

These are the first two rings i bought for this build for almost nothing. along with clarity and few regen nodes on the tree it is doable to get enough regen.
IGN: EpiphoneWinterBird
Why not switch to Frenzy as the Main Attack skill and almost double our DPS? What are the upsides/downsides to using Frenzy? Would LgoH still be as effective or at least still be good enough?

I must say, this build is absolutely awesome!! This is the ONLY build in PoE where you can play range with such high defenses (Blind, evasion, 40% dodge, 46% spell dodge, and near max block for both regular attacks and spells). No other build in PoE can play range with this much defense.

On top of that you have the ability to switch between range and melee which is fantastic - I can play range to avoid dangerous stuff for melee like chaos clouds, Mageara firestorm, etc. or to minimize reflect by using only projectiles, or I can play melee for full offense and great AOE + single target with Lightning Strike's 120% damage multiplier.

PS - Anyone try the new unique map Death and Taxes with this build?

"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Why not switch to Frenzy as the Main Attack skill and almost double our DPS? What are the upsides/downsides to using Frenzy? Would LgoH still be as effective or at least still be good enough?

Frenzy for the axe build? Yes will give higher DPS, but you need Soul Taker. Mana cost is way too high with Frenzy because your APS is very high. I think LGOH is less effective than with Double Strike - compare the Poorjoy's Asylum video where OP used Frenzy to any video with Double Strike - looks like Double Strike + LGOH gives faster regen, although I must say that Life Leech seems to give better regen vs degen looking at his 2 Dominus videos - the first one is DS with LGOH the 2nd one is LS with LL - the ice totems seem to do a lot less damage and he can easily tank them with Life Leech on LS.

You can try the LS dagger build and switch the projectiles nodes to regular attack nodes at the Ranger start - this will allow you to use his dagger build with Double Strike or any other melee skill, although you will probably have more trouble against reflect because you are no longer using projectiles so Ondar's Guile gives you no benefit against reflect.

"
Scrapm3tal wrote:
Is it possible to use Aegis Aurora Shield with this build?
Is it viable and still have max block and spell block?

You cannot get even close to max spell block with Aegis, the math does not work out. Here are the items that give spell block % based on regular block:
- Lazhwar: 50% of regular block chance applied to spell block
- Rathpith: 40% - 60% of regular block chance applied to spell block
- Rainbowstrides: 20-25% of regular block chance applied to spell block

OP is using 50% Lazhwar + 58% Rathpith so he is applying 108% of his regular block to spell block. He has 71% regular block, so his spell block is 108% x 71% = 77% (capped at 75%).

If you do not use Rathpith Globe and use Aegis instead, the highest spell block you can get is to use Lazhwar + Rainbowstrides = 75% of regular block applied to spell block = ~56% spell block if you have 75% regular block. There is a Templar node that gives 12% of block chance applied to spell blcok so the highest you can ever get with Aegis is 65% spell block.

Besides, Aegis is not good for this build - OP has mentioned in prior posts - because it is armor and ES defense shield, and does NOT work well if you have low armor and low ES.
Last edited by Wishuponastar on May 30, 2014, 8:40:18 AM
How much DPS would this build have with a dagger with 300 DPS? Instead of the 450dps OP has? cause 450dps dagger is EXPENSIVE! xD
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
How much DPS would this build have with a dagger with 300 DPS? Instead of the 450dps OP has? cause 450dps dagger is EXPENSIVE! xD

Depends - it is crit based so to scale you need crit chance and crit multiplier. Op is not using any crit mods on gear, so with damage mods on rings, magnate belt, etc you can get way higher damage.

But with 300 DPS dagger you prob have 30k dps with power charges. Will be much higher with crit on rings and damage on belt / gloves.

Also depends on gems. I think WED or Added Fire or Inc Crit Damage give the highest on paper, but in reality Lightning Pen probably gives the highest DPS increase but Lightning Pen is soooo MANA HUNGRY damn!

OP is also using Life Leech gem, if you can get leech on gear you can take out LL and add another damage gem.
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
"
Sleepy92 wrote:

Depends - it is crit based so to scale you need crit chance and crit multiplier. Op is not using any crit mods on gear, so with damage mods on rings, magnate belt, etc you can get way higher damage.

But with 300 DPS dagger you prob have 30k dps with power charges. Will be much higher with crit on rings and damage on belt / gloves.

Also depends on gems. I think WED or Added Fire or Inc Crit Damage give the highest on paper, but in reality Lightning Pen probably gives the highest DPS increase but Lightning Pen is soooo MANA HUNGRY damn!

OP is also using Life Leech gem, if you can get leech on gear you can take out LL and add another damage gem.

Well, I have a BoR.. I can sell my current weapons for about 15-20ex.. How far will that get me? :o Cause right now I am using Duelist Dual Strike Blender doing about 21-22k DPS.. I feel like this build is a bit out dated, since it's been like a year since I played :o
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
"
Sleepy92 wrote:

Well, I have a BoR.. I can sell my current weapons for about 15-20ex.. How far will that get me? :o Cause right now I am using Duelist Dual Strike Blender doing about 21-22k DPS.. I feel like this build is a bit out dated, since it's been like a year since I played :o

Yes, axe build is a bit outdated. But Lightning Strike build was made very recently (I think when Atziri came out). Lightning Strike build is excellent, and as I said before this is the only build in PoE that can play range with such high defenses of evasion, dodge, and max block + max spell block, and is one of the few well designed hybrid range/melee builds.

I think 300DPS dagger is more than enough - check out the OP's Shrine video in the Lightning Strike section where he shows damage with Lightning Strike for a 200DPS dagger. Plus, you can always use a dagger for another crit build.

Also Lightning Strike damage on tooltip is very misleading - tooltip is only showing the MELEE attack and does not factor in damage from projectiles, so your actual DPS including projectiles is WAY higher than what the tooltip is showing. You can test this easily by swapping in projectile support gems - you will see that projectile support gems will not change the tooltip DPS.

Also Lightning Pen gem will NOT show on tooltip DPS, but this gem gives MASSIVE damage increase. Think about it - you are penetrating up to 35% lightning resistance with a level 20 Light Pen. If a monster had 75% lightning resistance - your LS attacks now hit as if they had 40% lightning res - this gives an increase of (1-40%)/(1-75%) = 2.4x higher damage!, or a 140% increase to your lightning damage against those enemies!

If a monster had say medium resistances of 35%, lightning penetration would reduce it to 0%, which would give 1.5x higher damage, or 53% increase in your lightning damage against those enemies.

So a lot of creativity you can do with this build and gem flexibility. There are so many gems you can use with Lightning Strike in Bringer of Rain depending on your preferences:

- Lightning Strike + Bringer of Rain (Faster Attacks, Blind, Melee Physical Damage)
- Multistrike
- Lightning Penetration
- Weapon Elemental Damage
- Added Fire Damage
- Melee Physical Damage on Full Life (great for this build since 90% of the time you are full life due to the high evasion, dodging and blocking, but will NOT affect projectiles damage)
- Inc Critical Chance
- Inc Critical Damage
- Power Charge on Critical
- Life Leech / LGOH
- Additional Accuracy
- Physical Projectile Attack Damage (increases damage of projectiles but will NOT affect melee attack)
- Pierce
- Point Blank (node or gem)
- Faster Projectiles
- Slower Projectiles
- Elemental Proliferation (this is a funny one)

So many things you can try, and you DO NOT need gems like Melee Splash or LMP
Last edited by Wishuponastar on May 30, 2014, 7:52:42 PM
@wishuponastar Well, I am using swords and not axes :o 250 and 300 dps.
Will this build be stronger with a 280-300 DPS dagger than my current blender build?
I don't want to waste my currency to find out my Bleder was better :P cause I don't have a lot of currency to play with. Also I would have to sell my 1h swords for currency.. so if this build wouldn't be better it would also be a pain to get high DPS swords back. This build looks a lot more fun to play tho :o

And thanks a million for your replies bro! :D
Last edited by Sleepy92 on May 31, 2014, 2:34:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info