ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Yeah faster attack not faster casting haha, typo there, you caught me =)

As for the enhance, I'm going with CWDT L1 + EC L5 + immortal call 3/20 + increased duration 3/20, so there won't be room for enhance unless I cast EC manually...

Also I think 3/20 increased duration would give more duration bonus to immortal call.

As for curses, I will just link Enfeeble with TC with blood magic.

Yeah I like Increased Duration with Dominating Blow, especially I have 20/20 ID already, and also have another lvl 20 ID for the CWDT setup =)

Have you tried using Frenzy with 7 frenzy charges instead of Double Strike? I'm going to try that tonight and see if I can get more dps.

I was reading this build in the Shadow forum, and I was inspired a little to get more dps out of this build!

Perz' Reave Shadow -> 50-100k DPS, 5k ES, VP, CI, Block, Evasion, Cannot be Frozen or Chilled
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/523959

The defensive mechanic is quite similar, but the offensive with reave + bloodrage & frenzy charges is different than your build.
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Last edited by biralo on Nov 13, 2013, 9:37:18 PM
Can't stand the reduced light radius, so low life is no go for me lol!
Yes - right now Frenzy gives slightly more DPS than Double Strike (as you can also use the increased Frenzy charges when you use Double Strike) - however you will have to rework the tree to grab the frenzy nodes by removing life/attack speed. Your attack speed will also be ridiculously high: 13+ APS so it is unlikely you will be able to sustain the mana cost (unless ofc Soul Taker). Double Strike also helps a lot against reflect.

The reason I do not like increasing the DPS too much is that it starts to become a problem on reflect maps. Right now the build is pretty much immune to reflect with Double Strike which I love. When I was testing Dominating Blow, even though I had only 12K DPS with Dominating Blow I had A LOT of problems on reflect maps especially when splashing.

For the low-life build - they introduced a new node by the Witch so that your light radius is based on ES and not health:

Arcane Vision: +30 to accuracy rating. Light Radius based off ES.
"
1up1up1 wrote:
Hi Ceryneian,

Thanks very much for your great build. I just tried and respec my 78 ranger. Got some quick questions and hope you can shed me light.

1) Basically, my dps for double strike right now is ~5.5k (with hatred ~7.8k) since i am still leveling my gem. And the DPS in the 'character' screen is only 1.1k. Is it normal?

2) Atk speed is ~2.5, still normal?

Again, many thanks for your great build and help. lots of fun.

Skill tree is same as your current one.

Attack speed of 2.5 is definitely not normal! You should be around 7+. Can you send me a screenshot?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Yes - right now Frenzy gives slightly more DPS than Double Strike (as you can also use the increased Frenzy charges when you use Double Strike) - however you will have to rework the tree to grab the frenzy nodes by removing life/attack speed. Your attack speed will also be ridiculously high: 13+ APS so it is unlikely you will be able to sustain the mana cost (unless ofc Soul Taker). Double Strike also helps a lot against reflect.

The reason I do not like increasing the DPS too much is that it starts to become a problem on reflect maps. Right now the build is pretty much immune to reflect with Double Strike which I love. When I was testing Dominating Blow, even though I had only 12K DPS with Dominating Blow I had A LOT of problems on reflect maps especially when splashing.

For the low-life build - they introduced a new node by the Witch so that your light radius is based on ES and not health:

Arcane Vision: +30 to accuracy rating. Light Radius based off ES.

6L shav is pretty expensive...

Well faster attack speed should get more life back from LGOH??

Anyways I will test it and see, besides, I'm farming Piety mostly till I get to 85 or something.

Mana is not a problem for me since I got Soul Taker last night, so happy someone traded it with me!!!
Last edited by biralo on Nov 13, 2013, 9:58:36 PM
Yes if you have ST - Frenzy may be better for you. Majority of people using this build don't have ST though and frenzy would be unsustainable.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
1up1up1 wrote:
Hi Ceryneian,

Thanks very much for your great build. I just tried and respec my 78 ranger. Got some quick questions and hope you can shed me light.

1) Basically, my dps for double strike right now is ~5.5k (with hatred ~7.8k) since i am still leveling my gem. And the DPS in the 'character' screen is only 1.1k. Is it normal?

2) Atk speed is ~2.5, still normal?

Again, many thanks for your great build and help. lots of fun.

Skill tree is same as your current one.

Attack speed of 2.5 is definitely not normal! You should be around 7+. Can you send me a screenshot?

Hi Ceryneian,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Here is the screenshot
where can i upload my image?? just used dropbox, but seems not wokring. pls help. thanks.

Last edited by 1up1up1 on Nov 13, 2013, 11:43:47 PM
"
1up1up1 wrote:
where can i upload my image?? just used dropbox, but seems not wokring. pls help. thanks.

Sent you PM.
Pls see my passive and gear.

Level 79 Ranger
dps 1583 (Double Strike = 7.5k)
APS = 2.18

Gear
Spoiler

Passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAEfgSxBukILgkhES8V8BrbG60byCEDIuomlSdhMHwyATY9OJY6WDqzPeI-z0MxR35I7kp9TGBOKlFHU99VS1b6WNtbr14TYEth4mVNZfFnoG17bml0rnTteK55SHrvfXV_K4TZhO-HGYd2h9uMNo19jb-QCpVmmSuZmpsmm4ObjaZ_qn-quKvFrK-xs7IZtUi2Qbb3txe307t8vYG95r6nzerPetN-1orXy9o921XdDd7253To1usU62PtQe4O-WP8xf66

pls help to inspect what's wrong.

Again thank your for your help. This build is very good. I can tank so many bosses.
Last edited by 1up1up1 on Nov 14, 2013, 1:11:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info