ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hi all, leveled to 88 over the past 2 days. Will post my Ranger's path, damage is about 19K AOE now. Now working on my low life Scion build.

Will try and get to all your questions later today.

"
Molagbaale wrote:
Hi. How do you deal with Sallazzang boss in labyrinth map? He one shotted me when I was running to face him. What kind of attack does he use?

I believe boss on this map is like the Weaver - he has a chaos EK spell attack - you need high spell block and some chaos res (ie from amethyst flasks)

Ceryneian, Thank you for the build! I love it!!!

I have been playing as a necromancer since beta days, and needed a change. Once I saw the videos that you posted of your uber ranger I was mesmerized. It did not take me too long to tweak one of my spare rangers and edited the skills accordingly. I'm still struggling to get all the equipment, gears and gems that's required for this build, (pillaging the dead as a necromancer did not really pay off for me, nothing is more sad than a poor necromancer)

Thus far at level 51 my ranger is excellent I am enjoying the gameplay (It's different pace than my necromancer).

The only difficulty that I am having is with your skill tree, for some reason when I click the link that you provided to us for the skill tree on page 1, it says only 99/120 skill points have been used, and theres about 21 points left.

So if you can update the skill tree I would really appreciate it.

Again thank you again for the build!

-your friendly sad necromancer
"
biralo wrote:
With the change to purity, do you still run it? or stick with Hatred + Grace?

I still run Hatred and Grace. Never used Purity before except for Mageara maps. If I could take out Grace I would add in Haste, but I need some evasion from Grace to compensate for using Rathpith's Globe.

"
narbays wrote:

I am not using any dodge though, ever since I put on the rathpith. Because lets face it...The biggest appeal of dodge is the phase acrobatics for the spell avoidance. This build evades everything as is with blind + enfeeble if needed.

Agreed on Dodge - I really love Spell Dodge but I need to put in a lot of unnecessary points to get to the Phase Acrobatics keystone - I wish it was a separate node. One good thing is that with the nerf to Enfeeble, Dodge and Blind are even more useful to have.

Yes I agree on the mana pool size observation and I will mention this in the guide as well on next update. Interesting on how you are using Cast on Melee Kill, and I am not sure why Devouring Totem would not work...

Yes my 18K+ DPS is with Hatred on. If you run Hatred you should get around 16K damage. Using a separate 6L EV chest and a EV helm would work - you could get some nice ES on there to complement Rathpith's and make good use of the Nullification node, as well as life, better resistance balances and other mods you may need like Accuracy. If you use one of the methods of applying Blind that I outline in guide (Smoke Mine linked to Cast on Hit, Flame Totem with Blind - which can provide some distraction etc..) - then you will achieve the same effect as using BofR. Only downside is that you will miss out on 15% block from Bringer of Rain.

"
1up1up1 wrote:
guys, quick question.

1) For the soul taker, it said "insufficient mana doesn't prevent melee attack". Does it mean that the double strike can still be used even no mana, right?

2) i am considering to buy a weapon with ~1.9aps, and my mana poll is only around 100 after mana reservation given that my overall APS is ~4.8 now. Should i go for the 1.9 weapon or stay what i have now (currently using ~260dps with 1.4 aps).

Hi - yes you can use continue using Double Strike even with 0 mana. The same for my culling/movement skills like Leap Slam and Flicker Strike. About your mana issues - please keep in mind that if you increase your attack speed without increasing your physical damage or mana pool size - then you will have even more mana problems because the attack speed increases the rate at which you use mana, whereas as the physical damage and mana pool affects how much mana you can leech back. Ideally you should find a weapon that has higher attack damage as well so that you do not run into mana issues.

"
oligartoon wrote:
Hi everybody I found other way to resolve mana issues. With this ring
you can have almost infinite mana! because everytime you hit mobs you replish mana its like mana on hit!!! cost me 2ex so its a lot more cheap than soul taker. Talking about the weapon i got a higher physical damage weapon than soul taker. The only problem is balance the gear to get all rsist. In my case only fire is 60% now im working on that. I hope this tip helps you guys to fun with this build. I want to thank the author of this build i enjoying so much im really entertainment me with this build!!!.

Thanks for the tip - I'm sure many will find it useful and I will mention in next update in guide as helpful for mana issues.

"
finedirt wrote:
Thus far at level 51 my ranger is excellent I am enjoying the gameplay (It's different pace than my necromancer).

"
Joard wrote:
I really enjoy fantastic gameplay with this build, when you can run through packs of enemies as a knife through butter, and rarely take damage ;)

"
narbays wrote:
To the OP: Thanks for the build. This is like my 7th or 8th character above level 70 and my favorite so far. 79 now but will have time off work for the next few days to get a few more levels.

Really happy you guys are enjoying the build!! I think the nice thing about it is that it is very fun and exciting to play, especially now with Leap Slam.

"
finedirt wrote:

The only difficulty that I am having is with your skill tree, for some reason when I click the link that you provided to us for the skill tree on page 1, it says only 99/120 skill points have been used, and theres about 21 points left.
So if you can update the skill tree I would really appreciate it.

I keep the skill tree at that level because not many people to decide to go past level 80 on their builds. I just leveled to 88 and this is my Ranger's path:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAtAEfgSxBukILgkhER4RLxXwGtsbrRvIIQMmlSdhKCowVDB8MgE4ljpYOrM94kMxR35I7kp9TGBOKlFHU99VS1b6WNtbr14TYeJlTWXwZfFnoG17bml0QXSudO11TnfXeK55SHrvfXV_K4TZhO-HGYd2h9uNfY2_kAqUrZVmmSuZV5mamyabg5uNpn-qf6q4q8Wsr6_rsbOyGbVItkG297cXt9O7fL2BvqfDhs3qz3rS6tN-1orXy9o921XdDd7253TnkejW6xTrY-1B7g75Y_zF_ro=

I have made some small upgrades from the tree in the guide:
- I took 5 axe nodes down by the Duelist
- I took off the 2 points making the Frenzy bridge from Aspect of Panther to Ondar's Guile, I moved the bridge down to the 2 dex nodes at the bottom by Ondar's Guile because I hardly ever use Frenzy (except for Temp Chains maps) so I might as well put those 2 points into Dexterity nodes to get some accuracy and evasion
- I took off 1 8% life node at the Duelist
- I used my points to grab the 3 12% physical damage with 1H weapons up by the Shadow.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 15, 2013, 11:37:42 PM
Hello, i have been currently testing this spec on piety in temple map and was wondering what type of strategy you use on her because i'am having some trouble I'am using same gear as your other than soul taker. ty.
IGN@ HuckMcAmp
"
Kountry wrote:
Hello, i have been currently testing this spec on piety in temple map and was wondering what type of strategy you use on her because i'am having some trouble I'am using same gear as your other than soul taker. ty.

Hi, for Temple Piety and Mageara you need very high spell block and capped lightning/fire resistance. Temple Piety should not be a problem and I managed ok against her back when I had 2.5K life and 56% spell block. If you are getting shocked then having a flask to remove shock will help. If you are really having trouble - use a Topaz flask to temporarily increase your max lightning resistance. If you are getting stunned too much (usually the case for Mageara) - then you will need to use Eye of Chayula so that you can DPS and leech uninterrupted.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 15, 2013, 11:05:43 PM
I figured out the cast on melee kill + devour totem.

I think it's the mana requiremenet of gems linked with the gem. The cast on damage taken never had a mana requirement so the things linked to it were up as soon as the gem procced.

The reason I find endurance charges with a larger uptime is because of their initial cost of 35 mana per cast, where as devouring totem uses 92 mana per cast.

With grace + tempest shield right now I have 264 available out of a possible 677, and since the 7 linked double strike takes 76 mana per attack I effectively have 4 attacks out in half a second before I'm out of mana and regening to compensate. Effectively, I see my character put out 3-4 seconds of out going attacks until the character pauses for a split second for the mana regen from leech to catch up etc.

What I'm trying to say is if the enemies are white or blue, I might have just enough mana in my first initial swings left over as they die to get the gem to proc, but not enough for it to proc the devour totem. The cast on melee kill gem is working perfectly as a compensation for cast on damage taken, it's just not working effectively. It's better than not having endurance charges and devour totem on auto cast though.

I've tried slowing my attacks down manually in some boss encounters to leave me with enough mana to have the gem proc devour totem and it works really well. But for regular encounters and clearing out trash in maps it's just faster to hold down the left mouse button and lollerscate may way around because devour totem isn't really needed for those anyway.

I bet if I turn off tempest I could have devour totem proc off the gem because it would leave me with a larger available mana pool to work with. But that would leave me at 73% block. It's sad that their isn't another 2% node lying around us, I'm running tempest shield just to be at cap.

And speaking on my earlier question regarding the 6L replacing a BOR. I think the biggest downside to replacing BOR wouldn't be me having to put blind on the flame totem or smoke mine. The biggest downside would actually be the loss of the 15% block. I would have to go higher in the tree near the top ride of shadow to get those 3 block nodes, and a little to the left of duelist to get those three block nodes. Which means I would need about 10 skill points worth just to cover the missing block BOR gives.

If anyone is wondering, this is what my build looks like now.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4B0QLQBLEILhrbG60wfDIBOJY6sz3iR35I7kp9TGBRR1PfVvpY22HiZU1noG5pdK54rn8rhNmHdofbjb-VZpkrmyabg5uNpn-rxayvr-uxs7IZtUi3F7fTvYG-p8OGz3rTftaK18vbVd0N3vbndOeR6NbrFO1B_MV0QXfX7g5qk9XtwA_STRmO7YMknWJaKCqZVzBUxLjV-No9eUghA7t8ZfEnYQbpCSFc-YDhypBh63pTbXtVSyaVjDbrY5matvcRL83qkAos6crTGbQ=

On a side LOL note... I didn't realize just how short on INT/STR I would be. I've had some shitty RNG luck on my current gear set up, trying to maintain the minimum of 160 STR/INT has been a pain haha
IGN: Narbays
Cast on melee Kill only works if linked to an attack. Double strike+cast on melee kill+devouring totem is something that would work. Only cast on melee kill+devouring totem will NOT work. Just read the description for the gem.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
The obvious best solution to mana problem is soultaker

OR

Get some leech mana on phy attack on your gloves, rings, neck, weapon

Put in a Q20 mana leech

You can also grab Mind Drinker ketystone, and later respec when yr mana issue is better

I m asssuming you have max out the highest possible dmg on yr weapon.
Last edited by Xafniko on Nov 18, 2013, 4:45:16 AM
Just wanted to thank you, I'm using this build and loving life. This build just became my main, and I get positive comments about it constantly.

One quick question however, how did you manage to get the 8.85 attacks per second in your screen shot. With a weapon speed of 1.85 and the same attack speed up nodes as you have my attack speed on screen is just 3.27. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it might be.

Thanks,

-E
"
Breken wrote:
Just wanted to thank you, I'm using this build and loving life. This build just became my main, and I get positive comments about it constantly.

One quick question however, how did you manage to get the 8.85 attacks per second in your screen shot. With a weapon speed of 1.85 and the same attack speed up nodes as you have my attack speed on screen is just 3.27. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it might be.

Thanks,

-E

You can click on the double strike icon after pressing "c' to bring up the character tab. My aps is 8, but not using soul taker. My dagger aps is 1.97.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info