ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

if cant afford the bringer of rain

is this build still viable to easily solo Merc DOmininus, farm endgame maps etc?

nowhere near the currency needed to buy Bringer of Rain yet lol...
"
xtacb wrote:

is this build still viable to easily solo Merc DOmininus, farm endgame maps etc?

Having been geared out for this just yesterday, I say you will need a lot of currency to buy:
1) high dps weapon, or you will have mana issues
2) 5L or 6L chest, or BoR

300dps weapon cost 10+ex on standard.

BoR cost 13-20 ex on standard depends on roll

6L chest, 20+ex depending on stats

5L chest, this is cheaper option, but 5L will limit your dps.

This is not really a low cost build, but does really well if you have the currency to fit the gears mentioned.
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Last edited by biralo on Nov 10, 2013, 8:26:35 PM
"
bl0b wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I'm curious but is anyone trying a low-life ES build with Lori's Lantern to take advantage of the unlucky mechanism? Tree would need to be reworked to grab ES instead of life and could start from Shadow/Scion, maybe even Witch, but I'm curious.

Lori's Lantern's unlucky effect is applied to the damaging roll only - not to evasion or dodge rolls. Therefore - nice idea but it won't work.

Hmm interesting, but I guess in this case it would function as sort of damage reduction - by having the damage being rolled twice and then taking the lower value of the damage to hit you, it would be great to minimize crit strike damage and also lightning damage (since lightning typically has a wider range of damage roll).

It's probably not a really viable build - you would need a Shav for the low life. I've been trying to work on the tree but it's hard to get good damage while getting good ES. The good thing is that you could run at least 3 auras easily - 1 on life with Blood Magic gem and 2 on mana, so that could help your damage if you could run say Hatred + Haste, and then run Discipline/Clarity/Grace as the third.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 10, 2013, 8:47:17 PM
"
xtacb wrote:

Hi, yes as biralo mentioned you will need currency to buy the weapon and helmet.

When I started this build ~2-3 months ago, Bringer of Rain was only 2ex-3ex. It has gone up because people realize how powerful the item is for melee builds. So the build is now a bit more expensive. So now the cost of Bringer of Rain is higher, but not as expensive as a top notch 6L chest (these can go for 15ex+).

However it is very strong, and you can solo many maps easily into endgame. It is also great for partying because your Blind benefits everyone.

If you decide to not get Bringer of Rain - you actually have more flexibility since you can get a 6L or 5L chest with strong evasion, balanced resistances, and life; and the same for the helmet as well. I note these options in the FAQ in the guide.

You also do not have to link Blind in the 6L - use a smoke mine (possibly linked to cast on hit), or a flame totem linked to Blind to help apply Blind, or just use Enfeeble linked to curse on hit - Enfeeble is very similar to Blind.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 10, 2013, 8:55:36 PM
"
biralo wrote:
Awesome build!

I have build a ranger to lvl 75, then switched to an existing Ranger lvl 79, works the same.

My gear

Spoiler

Right now I can solo Dominus with ease, and tearing 68 maps apart lol.

My issues are:
1) dps, at about 8700 unbuffed, and 11500 with Hatred, but this is to do with my 276dps weapon. Unfortunately legacy Soul Takers (and Bringer of Rain) are so expensive! Wish I have bought both well before release!!!
2) mana, especially at boss fights I need to drink mana pots, so I'm running with 1 health pot, 2xhydrid, 1xmana, and speed potion
3) intelligence requirement is high, and also need resists and mana leech from ring, hence I'm stuck with the +49 int gloves...

What would you recommend upgrading next??

Hi! Happy you are liking the build. For next steps - I would try and get your resistances to max (if they are not already) it helps a lot against spell bosses. Since you only have mana issues during boss fights I would recommend trying to upgrade your weapon to get more damage (but keep the attack speed low or at 1.5 like now) this will help your mana leech, you should also try and increase your mana pool - look for items that give +int or +mana, maybe also try running a low level Clarity aura for boss fights.
"
Ceryneian wrote:

Hi! Happy you are liking the build. For next steps - I would try and get your resistances to max (if they are not already) it helps a lot against spell bosses. Since you only have mana issues during boss fights I would recommend trying to upgrade your weapon to get more damage (but keep the attack speed low or at 1.5 like now) this will help your mana leech, you should also try and increase your mana pool - look for items that give +int or +mana, maybe also try running a low level Clarity aura for boss fights.

My resists are 68/75/71 without purity (running hatred only atm), and I have no problem face tanking Dominus after I got the spell block sorted with the unique neck and boots.

Thanks again man, your build is so good, I can't believe I can solo Dominus so easily so quick!

My only regret is not being able to get the legacy Soul Taker, as it's like 75ex+ or something crazy now... my BoR cost me 20ex lol... I wanted so bad so I could play this build to the fullest but I'm not regretting it's worth every penny/ex!

Anyways, yeah I will be patient and find a better weapon.

The clarity tip is great! I will definitely try that!

Last edited by biralo on Nov 10, 2013, 10:00:11 PM
Hi all. There seems to be interest in using alternative skills with this build - I encourage people to try what they like. The build is very flexible as the defense part is the primary aspect of the build. I really like Double Strike and it gives very high DPS and some good attack speed (which helps our Life Gain on Hit). It also helps a lot against reflect and getting blind applied quickly. However, here are some alternatives that you can try:

- Frenzy, Infernal Blow, Lightning Strike, Dominating Blow.

I recently tried Dominating Blow. Here is a quick video I put together of my blitz rush through a Level 75 Bazaar map. My minions killed the 3 unique bosses verryyy fast. So much fluffy gold:

Test: Level 75 Bazaar Map - 3x Unique Bosses (Vulnerability, increased attack speed and cast speed, additional projectiles)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4_TiCH55r0&feature=youtu.be

Pros to Dominating Blow:
- Very fun! Build your own personal army/bodyguards
- Very safe: my minions provide great distraction - the enemy mobs prioritize targeting my minions so I hardly even take any focus, yet alone damage
- Very fast clearing of maps: took me about 4mins to make a complete circuit of the map, even though I only had 12K DPS (if I swap LGOH with Added Fire Damage my DPS gets to ~17K)
- Scales well - minions will always be as strong as the map you are on
- Minions use your support gems - my minions get Multistrike, Blind, etc...
- Gain OP auras! - invulnerability, armor, high ES, attack speed, reflect, etc
- Gain OP allies - you can see some of the Necromancers raising my dead minions

Cons
- May run out of minions. Usually this happens when you don't have enough minions and engage a hard boss. However, that just means you are back to this build but with lower DPS. I linked Dominating Blow with Melee Splash - Multistrike - and Life Gain on Hit in my Bringer of Rain; as I mentioned above you can substitute in Added Fire Damage for even more DPS. You can also use Increased Duration and get increased skill from the passive tree - such that your minions can last nearly 2mins each which is a LOT of time
- Very mana intensive

Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 11, 2013, 11:38:41 AM
Hi Ceryneian,

Thanks very much for your great build. I just tried and respec my 78 ranger. Got some quick questions and hope you can shed me light.

1) Basically, my dps for double strike right now is ~5.5k (with hatred ~7.8k) since i am still leveling my gem. And the DPS in the 'character' screen is only 1.1k. Is it normal?

2) Atk speed is ~2.5, still normal?

3) i am thinking adding 'increase dagger phyiscal damage' node (~48% increase pDps), is it worth to take those nodes if i stick this my current dagger?

4) my resists are not quite good actually. only lightning is 75%, others are just 10-20%. Think it can improve by getting good rings?

5) any other suggestions on other area? e.g. attack speed, mana regen...etc.

Again, many thanks for your great build and help. lots of fun.

Here is my gear.

Spoiler

Skill tree is same as your current one.
Last edited by 1up1up1 on Nov 11, 2013, 4:38:42 AM
I'm trying to make a Reave + Cast on Crit + EK build for Nemesis. I was thinking about using this build as the base but I'm thinking I'll need to have armor/hp since I'm rolling with high crit chance to proc EK and that might be a problem vs reflect.

I really like this build and it's a very detailed guide, thanks for posting it.
My take on using this build on HC/Nemesis after two RIPs.

Once you have a good weapon, you feel like god solo, and can often lead to playing unsafe or overconfident, because this build's surviveability especially vs physical dmg is so high, which can ultimately lead to death.

If you are this kind of player who can get over confident in HC, like myself, then you will die lol!

I guess this will happen with any build regardless!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info