ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hey Ceryneian

Whispered you like 2 or 3 days ago, cause i've seen your youtube video in the lvl 78 map.
So far i made it to lvl 71 - what an amazing guide/build i have to say, really, really good work!!
Enjoying it so much and it's simply amazing. I've read several guides, also good ones, but this one is by far the best.

Thanks for your work & thanks that you share it with the community. Good job - go ahead
Buying lvl 75 Plateau Maps - PM Amount + Price :)
First of all i want to say that this guide is great, having all the leveling gear with prices is super for newcomers. Im currently lvl 25 playing with this, and i want to ask (maybe somebody did before):

EDIT: found the answer right back
Last edited by Kellen on Nov 7, 2013, 7:25:52 PM
"
vrez wrote:
Hi, I'm lvl 72 and I have problems to improve my damage.
That's my stuff:

My skill tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAm40ILgLQ21V0rtN-fXX-uniuSO4brT3it9PXyxrbTGAEsZVm-WO95j7PUUcwfH8r1opv8o2_BbXUI92oxqIwcRXwOlgEfocZeUghA7t8ZfHrFOjW3vbndGHih9umf-1BsbO1SG17VUsmle4OI_bv8FpIVvr8xbcXOJZnoId2Sn3dDVuvOrOQCk4qtkFDMRvIXhPDhueRrK9T35uDWNuE2WVNR36rxb2BmSs=

I just get few hours ago the axe(tha't why i'm not using passives to improve damage from axes) also that weapon is too fast (i think i need one slow and with more damage)
Please help me to get more damage, atm i have only 5.850 with Double Strike (7.620 with heatred) and i really don't understand how damage scales on this game (i'm playing that game for 3 month).

PD: sorry for my bad english ;)

Hi vrez, I think the problem is your weapon - the physical damage is a bit low. The way damage scales in this game, here is what I can think of:
- passive tree - all the % increased to melee physical damage / 1H physical damage / axe physical damage will increase the physical damage of your axe weapon. In the tree we do not take any increased elemental damage nodes so the elemental damage on the axe is not scaled
- you can also get extra damage from gear such as rings
- strength attribute also gives % increase in melee physical damage
- your damage is also affected by gems
- finally critical damage, attack speed and accuracy are incorporated to get to full DPS

I'm still struggling because your DPS should still be higher than 5.8k given your weapon and tree. You mind posting or sending me screen shots of your stats?
Thanks so much all for your comments on guide. I have really enjoyed playing my Ranger, she is a lot of fun even more now with the new gems. It would be great to hear if anyone has decided to level into the 90s with this build. I am trying to respec my other characters and work on the Scion.

As a random thought I am going to lay out what I think the weaknesses of the build are. There are only a few I have found after much map play:

- Shared Entropy Counter
: your evasion entropy counter is shared by all the surrounding mobs. The more mobs that are trying to hit you, the faster your counter increases and the sooner and more frequently you may be hit. Also any mob with extremely fast attacks will cause the counter to increase quickly. These 2 scenarios rarely occur while levelling, but certain maps have this danger:
a) Jungle Valley boss room - many many mobs in that room all trying to hit you
b) Cyclone bosses - these are new bosses introduced into game such as those at Dominus or in the 78 Courtyard map. Cyclone results in a LOT of hits per second and your evasion will be breached very quickly regardless of Blind/Enfeeble use on enemy. In my 78 courtyard maps, damage is mostly from the cyclone.

The counter to this is our high block - once our evasion is breached we can still fall back on our max block. It is still ideal to keep endurance charges up to mitigate damage.

- Very High Spell Damage: once our high spell block is breached, we will be taking spell damage. This is why resistances need to be capped for end game as they provide the only mitigation against spell damage. Again these situations are very rare and occur mostly with Temple Piety and Magaera.

That's pretty much it. There are a few small things to also keep in mind:
- Chaos damage - this is degeneration over time so easy to counter with life leech / LGOH
- Traps - traps placed near us are easily destroyed with our splash and multi strike. Any spell damage from traps can be blocked
- Stun - rare, but interrupts our damage and leech. Countered with Enfeeble / Temp Chains and in very extreme cases (Magaera) -Eye of Chayula

Hope this helps everyone prepare for combat, and makes them more comfortable with the build!
I'm curious but is anyone trying a low-life ES build with Lori's Lantern to take advantage of the unlucky mechanism? Tree would need to be reworked to grab ES instead of life and could start from Shadow/Scion, maybe even Witch, but I'm curious.

Hi again, thanks for reply my first post, here are the my stats:

DMG
Spoiler
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1369/ypae.jpg

DEF
Spoiler
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/804/yviw.jpg

On skill tree i add 3 points to get "Hatchet Master"

And i get a new weapon:

As you can see, that damage is with Hatred on.
"
vrez wrote:
Hi again, thanks for reply my first post, here are the my stats:

DMG
Spoiler
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1369/ypae.jpg

DEF
Spoiler
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/804/yviw.jpg

On skill tree i add 3 points to get "Hatchet Master"

And i get a new weapon:

As you can see, that damage is with Hatred on.

Hi vrez, I think I see the problem - it is your attack speed and also the damage on weapon.

You have about 5.5 APS right now - that should be around 7 APS (and around 8-9 as you get into late end game). If you increased your APS from 5.5 to say ~8 (~45% increase) your damage would go up to ~12K from 8K.
To fix your attack speed: grab attack speed nodes on the tree: I recommend you get the "Acceleration" node by the Duelist next for 12% increased attack speed, and also get the 8% attack speed node right at the Ranger start. You will also need to look for a good weapon that has attack speed of at least 1.5 displayed on it.

Your weapon DPS is also a bit low. Here is how to calculate your weapon DPS: average of max and min damage x attack speed. Right now your new weapon has (127+200)/2*1.25 = 204 DPS. Ideally you want a weapon that is 250+ DPS in level 60s, for end game 300+ DPS should be the goal for the weapon. You need to balance the weapon physical damage and its attack speed to get an average DPS that is 300+.

Once you have these fixed, your DPS should be very high. You will also see an even greater effect from Hatred because it is % based.
Thanks for your help. I will follow your advices as soon as i can pay for a better weapon :)

regards.
Awesome build!

I have build a ranger to lvl 75, then switched to an existing Ranger lvl 79, works the same.

My gear

Spoiler

Right now I can solo Dominus with ease, and tearing 68 maps apart lol.

My issues are:
1) dps, at about 8700 unbuffed, and 11500 with Hatred, but this is to do with my 276dps weapon. Unfortunately legacy Soul Takers (and Bringer of Rain) are so expensive! Wish I have bought both well before release!!!
2) mana, especially at boss fights I need to drink mana pots, so I'm running with 1 health pot, 2xhydrid, 1xmana, and speed potion
3) intelligence requirement is high, and also need resists and mana leech from ring, hence I'm stuck with the +49 int gloves...

What would you recommend upgrading next??
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Last edited by biralo on Nov 10, 2013, 4:40:46 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
I'm curious but is anyone trying a low-life ES build with Lori's Lantern to take advantage of the unlucky mechanism? Tree would need to be reworked to grab ES instead of life and could start from Shadow/Scion, maybe even Witch, but I'm curious.

Lori's Lantern's unlucky effect is applied to the damaging roll only - not to evasion or dodge rolls. Therefore - nice idea but it won't work.
IGN: GonsNomNom (Echoes of the Atlas)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info