ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
biralo wrote:
My take on using this build on HC/Nemesis after two RIPs.

Once you have a good weapon, you feel like god solo, and can often lead to playing unsafe or overconfident, because this build's surviveability especially vs physical dmg is so high, which can ultimately lead to death.

If you are this kind of player who can get over confident in HC, like myself, then you will die lol!

I guess this will happen with any build regardless!

Haha, thanks biralo, glad you are enjoying the build.
Patch 1.0.1 notes are out. I went through quickly and here are some things affecting this build:

- Some new gems including Enhance (dex support), and some new resistance auras
- Some new uniques - will wait and see what these are and if any can be used in the build
- Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Not a huge deal for this build - I found CODT to be nice with a curse (I've seen some people also use Molten Shell) - but it really doesn't help because the curse will override my manual Enfeeble, and the Molten Shell provides little armor to give worthwhile damage mitigation against really heavy hits
- Purity: Now grants no maximum resistances
- Enfeeble: The accuracy penalty given by quality has been halved - I don't think this would have a huge affect on this build. It affects the accuracy of the physical attack enemies we curse, which are usually no problem with this build; I use Enfeeble mainly for unique bosses to lower damage, accuracy, and crits - but unique bosses already have ~70% reduced curse effectiveness. If anything it just makes Blind more valuable to have, and your Blind is now even more useful for parties.
- Bandit Reward change: to change your bandit quest reward, use the book that you receive from the recipe in the appropriate difficulty. If you had Eramir's reward, you will need a skill point available to change away from it - maybe helpful to those who would like to change their Cruel reward from Kraityn to Oak or vice versa, etc
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 12, 2013, 8:35:26 AM
Also for those with Soul Taker (because the mana cost is ridiculous) looking to have some fun with this build I highly recommend you try Dominating Blow - I was rushing through 74 and 75 maps with a friend yesterday and Dominating Blow is hilarious. Some of the auras you get from dominated creeps is just plain OP - whenever I dominated an Energy Shield aura boss my ES would go up to ~5200!, other auras we were getting like haste, attack speed, physical damage, accuracy, immortality. It was super safe once you have a few minions on your side and then we started snowballing the map. The minions were taking down unique bosses quite fast it was nuts.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 12, 2013, 8:44:55 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Patch 1.0.1 notes are out. I went through quickly and here are some things affecting this build:

- Some new gems including Enhance (dex support), and some new resistance auras
- Some new uniques - will wait and see what these are and if any can be used in the build
- Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Not a huge deal for this build - I found CODT to be nice with a curse (I've seen some people also use Molten Shell) - but it really doesn't help because the curse will override my manual Enfeeble, and the Molten Shell provides little armor to give worthwhile damage mitigation against really heavy hits
- Purity: Now grants no maximum resistances
- Enfeeble: The accuracy penalty given by quality has been halved - I don't think this would have a huge affect on this build. It affects the accuracy of the physical attack enemies we curse, which are usually no problem with this build; I use Enfeeble mainly for unique bosses to lower damage, accuracy, and crits - but unique bosses already have ~70% reduced curse effectiveness. If anything it just makes Blind more valuable to have, and your Blind is now even more useful for parties.
- Bandit Reward change: to change your bandit quest reward, use the book that you receive from the recipe in the appropriate difficulty. If you had Eramir's reward, you will need a skill point available to change away from it - maybe helpful to those who would like to change their Cruel reward from Kraityn to Oak or vice versa, etc

Yeah the CWDT nerf will remove some utility and micro-management on skills like EC, Enfeeble, Immortal call etc, but it doesn't affect the build as you said.

It's a good move to disable some OP offensive trigger builds that rely on this gem.
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Playing this builds Scion version with more hp and slightly changed in Nemesis league.
Currently lvl 85..
I died at lvl 74 and 76 before with armor based chars and decided to go this build which i was playing on hardcore also...
Pretty solid and fast lvling / clearing maps / farming...
Love this
"
verkodiablo wrote:
Playing this builds Scion version with more hp and slightly changed in Nemesis league.
Currently lvl 85..
I died at lvl 74 and 76 before with armor based chars and decided to go this build which i was playing on hardcore also...
Love this

Nice!

Would you mind posting your Scion's path? I'm sure many will find it helpful! I have yet to get to my Scion because I'm trying to respec some witches.
why dont you run haste if attack speed is so important in this build? im lvl 38 and by now this build is great.
Traded my mirrored Gale Emblem ES Shield for this baby last night:

Now I'm your biggest fan =)

This is my equip setup after the CWDT nerf:

Weapon - CWDT lvl 1 + Enduring Cry lvl 5 + Immortal Call lvl 3 Q20
Shield - Leap Slam + Faster Attack + Cullstrike
Gloves - Reduced Mana + hatred + haste/purity of lightning + temprest shield
Boots - Immortal Call 20/20 + Increased Duration 20/20 + Enfeeble 20/20 + Blood Magic

Reasons for my loadout:
1) the lvl 5 enduring cry and lvl 3 immortal call with CWDT are like autocast, so if I get suddenly lots of physical damage, I get about 2 second physical immunity, hence give me enough time to life gain on hit to full, or that I leap slam away from danger

2) the IC & ID on the boots I will probably switch to something else as I have not got a separate enduring cry to cast myself, maybe I will give up increased duration so I have 2 sets of physical immunity, or put something else there on these 2 slots, what do you think?

Or I will do CWDT + IC + ID + EC on glove, and Enfeeble + Blood Magic + Temp Chain on weapon.

3) blood magic + enfeeble allow me to not worry about mana pots or run out of mana in between fights, as I noticed that everytime I attack my mana goes empty due to my mana all reserved with auras

4) for easy piety/Dominus farming and lvl 68 maps, I will just run Hatred + Haste as the dps is tops. Later when I progress to more higher maps I will run Hatred + Purity of Lightning + TS. Purity of lightning is because lightning damage seems to be higher than the other two. When the white socket vendor recipy is discovered (if any), customisation would be easier

Currently working really well with the Soul Taker, and no more mana issues to worry about! Yay!

As for Dominating blow, what's your 4 link setup? I noticed the max duration on 20/20 is 39 sec, and adding Increased Duration 20/20 that's about 80 seconds, how did you work it out to 4min??
IGN: AchiLize
Achi's Quality Shop https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/602552
Last edited by biralo on Nov 13, 2013, 9:23:35 PM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
verkodiablo wrote:
Currently lvl 85..
Love this

Nice!

Would you mind posting your Scion's path? I'm sure many will find it helpful! I have yet to get to my Scion because I'm trying to respec some witches.

i picked up Scion only for gem rewards tho since in a new league Nemesis, here is the Nemesis version of build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgABAF4FtQguFSAZjhm0GtsbrSEDI_YmlSpNLOkwcTB8MZ4yATWSOJY6Qj3iPydHfkjuSn1KyEt4TeNRR1PfVUtW-ljbWkhh4mVNZ2dnoGqTbXtuaW6qdEF313iueUh9dX8rguSE2Yd2h9uKr4w2jX2Nv5AKkBGbJpuDm42fJ6ZXpn-qf6q4q8Wsr7GzshmzP7VItfK3F7fTvqe-vMAPw4bGosrTz3rSTdN-1CPV7daK18vdDd2o3vbndOeR6NbrFO1B7YPuDu_w_MX-j_66

i run 4307 life lvl 85, using only grace , new lightning aura and tempest shield (no dmg aura) but i am not having any dps problems in maps. So far highest map i done was lvl 74. Clearing pretty fast and can do any map mod. %90 of time i do maps SOLO %10 2 player.

Gear :
@verkodiablo - thanks a lot for sharing your Scion tree.

@biralo - those links look really good and are very defensive. Try it and see how it feels, I do not think you will need a separate Enduring Cry given the CWDT link and also the chance to gain endurance charge on block. For Leap Slam - do you mean to link that to Faster Attacks? I believe Faster Casting does not affect speed of leap slam...

You may also want to look into using the new Enhance Gem - it gives +8% quality at level 2 to supported gems.

This is why Enfeeble was NERFED - if you linked a 20/20 Enfeeble gem with a Level 2 Enhance gem - total reduction in accuracy to an enemy would have been 69% + (8 x 1.5%) = 81% reduction to monster accuracy! I'm not sure how much quality a level 3 Enhance gem gives, but you could have gotten 90%+ reduced monster accuracy with a 20/20 pre-nerf Enfeeble and a level 3 Enhance gem lol. I've started leveling an Enhance to use with the curse I link to CWDT - since this curse gem will be at a low level because of the CWDT requirements and so I will need to increase the curse's effects through quality and not through levels.

Also - great suggestion on the Blood Magic support for your curse! It really makes combat more smooth and you can spam your curse as you please during fights. I will add this into the guide on next update.

These are my links now:

My CWDT is of gem level 2 - requiring level 31 of character. My TC and Enduring Cry are both level 5 and also require level 31 of character - so they are perfectly matched with my level 2 CWDT in terms of requirements. I am leveling Enhance in my boots as well (but it requires A LOT of XP).

Why I have CWDT linked to Temporal Chains, and Enfeeble linked separate:
- When I enter fights - I want to eliminate as much chance as possible of taking damage -> so I use my high level Enfeeble gem before the fight to lower accuracy and I apply the curse very quickly due to the Faster Casting support
- In the event that I do get hit - I want the damage to be reduced as best as possible -> Enfeeble also helps here because the Enfeeble is still active when I get hit
- After I get hit - I will have reduced health and may also be stunned -> I then want to quickly regenerate back to full life, or if necessary - escape -> Temporal Chains now kicks in due to CWDT gem and rapidly slows down the mobs attack speed, cast speed, and movement speed so that I have more time to safely leach back to full health, or if necessary escape easily
- Once I get back to full health, I can keep Temporal Chains on or recast my Enfeeble to override the Temporal Chains, depending on the situation
- I encourage others to try different curse combinations and see what they prefer, another curse that could be good to use is Warlord's Mark - for life leech and mana leech.

I am using a high quality level 5 Temporal Chains which already gives more slow (37%) than a Level 20 Temporal Chains with no quality (35%). Once I get the Enhance gem leveled up, the Level 5 TC will give a slow of 41%+ -> this should also increase the duration of Temporal Chains because the slow from the curse affects the duration of itself. The reason I like this is because the quality of Temporal Chains increases its slow, whereas the quality on Enfeeble only increases the accuracy reduction (and does not increase the reduction in damage/crit etc).

For Dominating Blow I had linked it as: Dominating Blow -> Melee Splash -> Multistrike -> LGOH/Added Fire Damage/Increased Duration. I found Increased Duration the most helpful. I believe I said you could get minions to last ~2mins: if you grab the 3x 15% Increased Skill Duration nodes by the Scion and above the Duelist - it would take your 80s to 80 x 1.52 = 122s.

POSSIBLE LOW-LIFE ES BUILD:
- I've been thinking about a Witch/Scion evasion/block low-life ES build to take advantage of this build and to use the Lori Lantern "unlucky" mechanic as a means of pseudo-damage-reduction (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lori%27s_Lantern)
- There is now a new unique helm (Crown of Eyes - Hubris Circlet: http://i.imgur.com/I8NfcWl.png) introduced that converts %spell damage to %physical damage - which would make it MUCH easier to build a melee Witch/Scion with Energy Shield as you can grab both spell damage nodes (from Witch/Shadow) and physical damage nodes (from Shadow/Ranger)
- You could also take advantage of low-life to use Pain Attunement to convert into even higher physical damage
- The low-life builds are very expensive though because they require Shavronne's Wrappings and ES gear is usually very expensive
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 14, 2013, 8:06:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info