ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

Hi, really like your build, i gonna build 1 melee ranger in the new league.
I planned on using reave for AoE tho. What do you think about that skill?
"
Torgh wrote:
Is your build better than this, from Sovyn ?

[1.0.0] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105920/page/1

That is hard to say. You can look at the videos and see, and compare which style you like. We are different builds so depends on your play style. There is a trade off between tankiness vs. DPS. If you want to play a tank - there are many strong armor tank builds such as the one you link, you can also check out Aux's Arctic Anvil Ranger, Dragon's Infernal Blow Marauder, and LendoKaar's 1H + Shield Duelist. All these builds are good, just different playing styles. My build is damage avoidance through evasion/dodge/block.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 2, 2013, 8:51:05 AM
Thank you for your answer. in my opinion, i think that yours is one of the best.
☞ @Torgh
MADE IN FRANCE
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ 232691 ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
So I had a 76 ranger who was ranged, thought I'd yolo respec to this build (free respec) and now I can't kill anything lol. I'm lacking mele splash, multistrike and about 3% mana leech on gear, until then I can't even use the char really. Luckily I'm playing my Sion these days which will be my main in the future. Hopefully one day I can get what I need to fix my Ranger :D
Last edited by MrH on Nov 2, 2013, 1:39:30 PM
really loving this build so far, i am level 40 atm. I decided it was best to just go for the ranger and make a scion later. I got that mindflay and stone of lazhwar and life couldnt be better, so far its my favorite character!

i appreciate all the time and effort you put into this build and i look forward to seeing the scion builds!

i will probably make an alternate 1h/shield character starting at scion but using armor instead of evasion and a different skill than double strike, im thinking about going towards the templar/duelist trees and using lightning strike or infernal blow.

thanks again
Guide updated for 1.0, and new videos are up!! A few small things remain including updating my stat pictures.

New vids from my post 1.0 patch testing include:

- Solo Level 78 Palace Map vs. Dominus with 92% Extra Damage as Fire and +30% Physical Resistance
http://youtu.be/SHhpSlUCkHg
-> after much testing (and desync) I've found a relatively easy way to do Dominus. There is a nice place to fight so that you get almost no interference from detonate mobs and can easily take cover from the lightning ghosts. I advise to avoid the ice beams and the obviously the smash. You need a fast escape skill such as Whirling Blades / Leap Slam. You can tank the lightning ghosts or avoid them using the arched barricade, or run around in circles around Dominus. The key is to DPS him after he uses his flicker strike or after he uses 2 bursts of lightning ghosts in a row. The 2nd form is much more easy than the 1st form for this build

- New Level 78 Courtyard Map video vs 6x Unique bosses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbeeKmyWaU

- New Level 72 Jungle Valley Map with 2x Weaver with 86% Extra Damage as Fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAvGakIcbF4

- Level 75 Necropolis Map vs. 2x Merveil with -Max Res and Extra Damage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MuHhXdI3aw

I am using Leap Slam with Faster Attacks + Culling Strike. For some reason my culling strike didnt' work on Dominus. I have Enfeeble linked to Cast on Damage with Increased Duration. For the Dominus fight I had Temporal Chains linked to Cast on Damage because he is a very heavy spell user.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 3, 2013, 1:22:14 AM
those are some very impressive videos man - very well done

so i take it with max blockage on top of your evade/dodge/spell dodge, pots and normal life leech is enough because you just don't get hit often enough for it to be a problem right? hence no vaal pact

edit: what did you use for recording the videos and such? i wanna possibly post a couple videos but don't really know where to start/how to begin with software etc.

also whats your dps on this?
Last edited by iRace82 on Nov 2, 2013, 11:38:50 PM
"
Junkx wrote:

so i take it with max blockage on top of your evade/dodge/spell dodge, pots and normal life leech is enough because you just don't get hit often enough for it to be a problem right? hence no vaal pact

edit: what did you use for recording the videos and such? i wanna possibly post a couple videos but don't really know where to start/how to begin with software etc.

Thanks man. Those vids are actually before I took Dodge. To be honest - I still feel Dodge is truly optional in this build. I really like the Spell Dodge, but if you already have near max block for both regular attacks and spells - you will only notice a difference for spell dodge on really high spell damage bosses like Temple Piety and Magaera.

My DPS is 17.9K. It is a bit deceiving because the Dominus map had extra physical resistance, and the Courtyard map with 6 bosses took a while - multistrike does a lot of autohits on the other enemies I am not targeting, so you can see that all the bosses on that map were losing life pretty much at the same rate even though I was targeting one.

Yes - I only need to carry 1 life flask with instant recovery - it works great with the instant life from my LGOH.

Also, I have set my Sin Trek boots and Rathpith like this:

If I am doing a heavy spell boss like Dominus - I put Temporal Chains in the green socket for my Cast on Damage. If am doing regular maps - I put Enfeeble on the blue socket on my Sin Trek. I keep the Enfeeble set up on my Rathpith Globe so that I can apply it when I enter fights / before I take damage, but if I have Temp Chains on my Cast on Damage then it overrides the Enfeeble sometimes.

I use FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker to record and add music to my video. I sent you PM with more info.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Nov 3, 2013, 1:25:24 AM
can you link your skill tree which you are using now ?
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Junkx wrote:

Thanks man. Those vids are actually before I took Dodge. To be honest - I still feel Dodge is truly optional in this build. I really like the Spell Dodge, but if you already have near max block for both regular attacks and spells - you will only notice a difference for spell dodge on really high spell damage bosses like Temple Piety and Magaera.

My DPS is 17.9K. It is a bit deceiving because the Dominus map had extra physical resistance, and the Courtyard map with 6 bosses took a while - multistrike does a lot of autohits on the other enemies I am not targeting, so you can see that all the bosses on that map were losing life pretty much at the same rate even though I was targeting one.

Yes - I only need to carry 1 life flask with instant recovery - it works great with the instant life from my LGOH.

Also, I have set my Sin Trek boots and Rathpith like this:

If I am doing a heavy spell boss like Dominus - I put Temporal Chains in the green socket for my Cast on Damage. If am doing regular maps - I put Enfeeble on the blue socket on my Sin Trek. I keep the Enfeeble set up on my Rathpith Globe so that I can apply it when I enter fights / before I take damage, but if I have Temp Chains on my Cast on Damage then it overrides the Enfeeble sometimes.

I use FRAPS and Windows Movie Maker to record and add music to my video. I sent you PM with more info.

Hey , can you update your current skill tree and gear ?
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info