ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
werchiel wrote:
Can you explain to me what's the point of using lycosidae?
Block and armor are useless since we are using acro. 40 life isn't a particularly high life roll so that leaves cold damage on counterattack (I honestly have no idea how this even works) and your hits can't be evaded - is the no evade thing really such a big deal?

Hi bro, yes 100% accuracy on your hits is quite a big damage boost for crit builds since a crit takes 2 accuracy checks to confirm the crit, not just 1 like a regular (non-crit) hit.

If you roll a crit (crit chance):
100% accuracy - crit hits 100% of the time
80% accuracy - 80% x 80% = 64% chance your crit actually hits

So the first guy with 100% accuracy is doing roughly 100/64 = 56% more DPS (ignoring crit chance effect) than the 80% guy. I'll use the PoB melee LS dps calc for my character as an exmaple: if I use Lycosidae I go from 691K DPS to 1,057K DPS = 53% more DPS
Thanks for the answer - lycosidae it is.
Mate 1 question i have a belly 6L this build works well with it? or a 6l eva chest is better?
Yo again. Running the variation you made to the tree and enjoying the higher health pool so far. Though another thing just struck me as I was looking to buy a decent lightning dagger, whilst I know this is a dagger/crit based build, what ever happened to Hyaon's Fury? I remember that being a core part of LS so long ago, yet it's rarely ever mentioned despite the incredibly high lightning damage output for its cost.

I suppose the downset of taking increased damage makes people consider it not viable, especially given that we get 6-7 frenzy stacks, but I often counter that with Granite/Fortify on WB constantly, just wondered what happened to make it fall off the face of the earth.

I'm mainly just using one for now since decent lightning/crit/as daggers can be rather expensive.
"
Pitopito wrote:
Mate 1 question i have a belly 6L this build works well with it? or a 6l eva chest is better?

Yes 6L belly is good bud - good life, easy to chrome, and makes your life flasks even better.
"
Thejimmylad wrote:
Yo again. Running the variation you made to the tree and enjoying the higher health pool so far. Though another thing just struck me as I was looking to buy a decent lightning dagger, whilst I know this is a dagger/crit based build, what ever happened to Hyaon's Fury? I remember that being a core part of LS so long ago, yet it's rarely ever mentioned despite the incredibly high lightning damage output for its cost.

I suppose the downset of taking increased damage makes people consider it not viable, especially given that we get 6-7 frenzy stacks, but I often counter that with Granite/Fortify on WB constantly, just wondered what happened to make it fall off the face of the earth.

I'm mainly just using one for now since decent lightning/crit/as daggers can be rather expensive.

Hi bud, Hyaon's is good but not as good as dagger as you will lose quite a bit of crit going sword instead of dagger so your DPS will be lower unfortunately vs. a good dagger. However if you can't find a good dagger then Hyaon's is a good replacement - we use 6-7 frenzy charges so that's 6-7% increased damage taken which you need to keep in mind for your playstyle.
I took some of your advice you mentioned few pages back into consideration and adjusted accordingly. I appreciate you taking your time to actually go over my gear and tree and give suggestions. The next upgrades will cost me a ton though, because of all the uniques in the build, I rely heavily on my rings, belt and helm being a godlike resi/life hybrids.

I must say that most of the t15 bosses are a breeze now, they only problem I've encountered after switching few things on the build are the elder on t15 maps and eradicator, but that's probably on me, just too many things to dodge.

Oh and on a side note, if you end up killing a t15 elder, I'd love to see the gameplay of it, because kiting him from range doesn't seem to work too well. I've tried doing it from semi-close range and still haven't downed him. It probably has to do with the fact that my hp pool is still a bit too low and i'm not perfectly timing my LS and WB rotations.

Last but not least, I've been using curse on hit Herald myself over the CWDT setup, may I ask why do you prefer using a CWDT setup, especially as this build is built on not being hit?

Yo again me, i want to make two more question before i start running the build:

1) Wich tree is more "balanced" i mean between Sustain and dmg
2) Can run Uber Atziri with this build now that vaal pact is nerfed

Thanks in advance
"
SourThoughts wrote:
I took some of your advice you mentioned few pages back into consideration and adjusted accordingly. I appreciate you taking your time to actually go over my gear and tree and give suggestions. The next upgrades will cost me a ton though, because of all the uniques in the build, I rely heavily on my rings, belt and helm being a godlike resi/life hybrids.

I must say that most of the t15 bosses are a breeze now, they only problem I've encountered after switching few things on the build are the elder on t15 maps and eradicator, but that's probably on me, just too many things to dodge.

Oh and on a side note, if you end up killing a t15 elder, I'd love to see the gameplay of it, because kiting him from range doesn't seem to work too well. I've tried doing it from semi-close range and still haven't downed him. It probably has to do with the fact that my hp pool is still a bit too low and i'm not perfectly timing my LS and WB rotations.

Last but not least, I've been using curse on hit Herald myself over the CWDT setup, may I ask why do you prefer using a CWDT setup, especially as this build is built on not being hit?

Thanks bro, glad to hear things are working out better for you. I love the CWDT + Arc because it does not miss and has pretty good range (had some issues before with other skills on CWDT not reaching target). Try your Herald setup and see how it feels, I encourage people to customize to what they like! For example someone else a few pages back is using Arctic Armor instead of Herald.

I'm going on vacation today and won't be back until 1st week of Jan and ofc I'll be trying out Elder & Co. when I get back! Have fun xD
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 19, 2017, 9:17:25 AM
"
Pitopito wrote:
Yo again me, i want to make two more question before i start running the build:

1) Wich tree is more "balanced" i mean between Sustain and dmg
2) Can run Uber Atziri with this build now that vaal pact is nerfed

Thanks in advance

Hi bro, if you are new to this kind of playstyle go for Vaal Pact tree - you are going to have less damage (crit) but a little more sustain - but please read my notes on front about Vaal Pact as it is going to feel very different from what you were used to before.

Yes I'm going to do Uber when I get back again - as you can see from my vid I kinda just YOLO'd that map - only hard part is not getting close to the mobs - just kill them from range, and then then timing the Vaal bosses so you kill them almost at the same time! Atziri herself is quite easy especially if you spec Arrow Dancing which is 2 regret cost (spec in and spec out) but I don't mind spending 2 regrets to have an easy fight.

Oh yeah, make sure for clone phase you hold shift and direct projectiles AWAY from the other clones so you don't accidentally kill yourself to reflect clone oO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info