:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Started watching the series of Mahou Tsukai no Yome, the ova was good on it's own and it looks like it covers back story, if that means they can stick to the series arc without to many flash backs all the better, first episode down and i'm not disappointed (didn't think i would be given the OVA)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Girls' Last Tour has caught my attention with the setting and both characters so far. On top of that, it is White Fox that is doing the animation.

Also, I am almost done with season 1 of Himouto! Umara-chan to get started on season 2 which has come out this season.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
鬼殺し wrote:
I assume White Fox will be doing Steins;Gate 0. I wasn't crazy impressed with their animation style (ufotable, shaft, and wit are defining names right now) but it's very serviceable.

Yea, White Fox looks like has Steins;Gate 0 in their schedule next to animate in the TV side.

The only disappointment I got out of White Fox was the last few episodes of Akame ga Kill (which these episodes never happened), but overall they did really well with the series. Katanagatari, Steins;Gate, and Re:Zero were the gems for the studio. Jormungand and Gochūmon wa Usagi Desu ka? were solid anime shows in their respective genre. Excluding Utawarerumono since I did not watch it, the other series they animated were meh at best for me. Hopefully Girls' Last Tour ends up being another gem or at least a very solid anime show.

While Ufotable do make a lot of eye candies, the only series I consider gems from them are Fate/Zero and FSN: UBW route. God Eater was a complete flop as an advertisement for the game and as anime show as well. Tales of Zestiria the X flopped as an anime show with the second season, but was a good advertisment for Tales of Berseria which makes me still chuckle to this day. Katsugeki actually did really well in both aspect, so a series outside of Fate made a name for itself.

Shaft on the other hand, got my total respect, so not much have to be said here. :D

Wit to me is just Attack on Titan studio (as in the series carried them), but I hope The Ancient Magus' Bride can make them grow more outside of that anime show.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 15, 2017, 7:45:43 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Akame ga Kill sure ended...on an ending.

Katsugeki was glorious man. the GF and I gasped when the movie was announced at the end. Also, HF is tearing it up. Can't wait to see that in a few weeks. I actually found UBW a bit of a drag at times. It tried too hard to be F/Z but without the more mature/traumatised cast, it just couldn't get there. And don't forget Kara no Kyoukai, which was basically Fate X Bakemonogatari for me.

Shaft got away with a complete farce of a first episode for the return of Sangatsu no Lion. SASUGA SHAFT.

Wit also did Kabaneri I believe, which probably proved they were no one-hit wonder. Ancient Magus Bride is going to hit that post-Ghibli sweet spot that Trigger nailed with LWA I think.

I am only mentioned the TV series, but yes, Kara no Kyoukai is an awesome gem from ufotable. I am excited about Heaven's Feel too, Shadowverse helped remind me everyday (an in-game login reward event) I login when I have the chance. As for Kabaneri, I think it was alright, but I felt it was trying too hard to be like Attack on Titan, but with Highschool of the Dead element. The second half of the series was a train wreck for me.

Oh yea, Konohana Kitan really hits the spot after watching the first two episodes. The MC is extremely cute that she gave me a kawaii overload.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 15, 2017, 9:46:54 PM
Just watchef Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau episode 2. It might actually become this season's made in abyss (mixed with some other stuff to get the proper setting, but still). Well, I got plenty dark already in the second episodes and overall story and setting seem good. I fear that it might get overlooked with all the amazing stuff we get this season.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Just watchef Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau episode 2. It might actually become this season's made in abyss (mixed with some other stuff to get the proper setting, but still). Well, I got plenty dark already in the second episodes and overall story and setting seem good. I fear that it might get overlooked with all the amazing stuff we get this season.

Probably by the end of this week (maybe a bit earlier), I will have clear picture of how many anime shows I am watching this season and Kujira is one of the last few left to pick up this season.

Gave Animegataris a try and it is a parody series that could not stick to me. There is a lot of cameos thrown around, but this series does not click for me.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 16, 2017, 1:11:53 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Wait, there's a Shadowverse/Fate thingy?

https://shadowverse.com/news/?announce_id=406

Yes, and the event finishes on Oct 31st I think.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 16, 2017, 3:30:17 AM
Just watched the Daikon IV Video recently... My god that Cherry Blossom Explosion Scene was amazing, Not to mention letting me enjoy music from Electric Light Orchestra.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Oct 17, 2017, 2:09:24 AM
Haven't watched anything yet, but it looks like a decent season. I've been intrigued by Mahoutsukai no Yome after seeing a cosplay at Otakuthon this summer. I also can't wait to give Inuyashiki and Just Because! a try.

Spoiler
Can't forget about motherfucking Pingu as well
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

Last edited by GooberM on Oct 17, 2017, 2:10:59 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
You've sort of got that the wrong way around. The series isn't back story, it's core story. The OVA was a gaiden/'for the fans'.

wasn't that what i said though?

OVA = back story
Main series = main story
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info