:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I am watching code geass again to get ready for R3. I realized code geass is not as awesome as I used to think of it simply due to the lack of good competing animes back then.
"
FCK42 wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:
Made in abyss episode 13
That was... beatiful and intense in more ways than one. The episode was made brilliantly imo. The feels were big though...
But why the heck did they have to show that godforsaken rotten fucking son of a bitch biggest asshole of all time bonedrewd at the end? Sure, cliffhangers, foreshadowing and so on, but seeing that guy just makes me want to slap him. At hypersonic speed. With a goddamn motherfucking truck. IN HIS FACE. TWICE!!!

Spoiler
bonerdruid did nothing wrong, he just has a severe case of science autism
Manga Spoiler
also doesnt the fact that he gets the blessing during the fight shows that his children did love him? BEST DAD

spoiler (duh)
Actually, it doesn't. Well, at least as far as I know. If I understood everything correctly, then getting the blessing happens at random. The only thing bonedrewd ever did was preventing himself from getting afflicted by the curse (well except that one time... YOU STILL DESERVED THAT ONE, SHITHEAD MC FUCKFACE!). So him getting the blessing was pretty much only a matter of time. And the fact that he got it in the fight with riko and reg was just awfully terribad timing.

Spoiler
well, its just a possibility really, considered we get example of nanachi and mitty + cute cartridge into whistle could be taken in the same way. with that said he was a good father to prushka until THAT (not so much to the rest of his children). also need to take into consideration that his artifact corrupts the mind so who knows if he wasnt originally more sane, the way he reacts when she says that she wants to help him and be by his side is so casual and seemingly counterproductive of the past considering what he does next and its just one extra cartridge so why even do it if not to test that theory?. What a twist would be that it was actually prushka love that worked to give him the blessing and the whistle for Riko being linked to the connection she made with her as well. I wouldnt outright discard the possibility but ofc cant say for certain.
I just hope the author can get back to work on the manga now that the anime is over
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Sep 30, 2017, 3:42:14 PM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I am watching code geass again to get ready for R3. I realized code geass is not as awesome as I used to think of it simply due to the lack of good competing animes back then.

I always liked it, there was a certain irony (though probably unintended) that the first mech that was stolen was the Glasgow and it was used to fight the British empire. (Glasgow vs Britain = Scotland vs England)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I started watching Kubikiri cycle just now, so far looks pretty interesting... and a shaft anime to the core. Somewhat strange visuals, a TON of dialogue with part plot related, part highly philosophical bits of information and awesome soundtrack... also colours. ALL of them. Well, now that it got me interested, I need to watch the rest :D

Edit: Head tilts. I forgot to mention the oh so important shaft head tilts. And eye close ups.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Oct 2, 2017, 9:40:28 AM
Aaaand finished Kubikiri cycle. Nice mystery series and a proper mindfuck, just how I like em (from time to time). Can recommend. The ending song of it is pretty damn awesome by the way:
Kalafina - Märchen
Now what? Hmm... maybe Negima since I planned on watching it at some point and the sequel is now airing, sooo... yeah.

PS: The Kubikiri cycle ED is REALLY awesome. In case the point didn't come across on my first attempt.
Thus ends (or at least it is not the last time of it) to one of my favorite anime series in recent years, which is Made in Abyss. I used to be critical in what I grade an anime show in like 5 areas, which are like the plot, character development, music (which includes OP/ED/OSTs), visual, and how much I enjoyed the series, but nowadays I am much more leeway in the ones that made me enjoy a series a lot. Turns out, Made in Abyss got lucky and joined the elusive 10/10 club for me. Some might disagree it was not that perfect, but I am like, I enjoyed it too way too much to care and it hit me in 5 spots extremely well, so what the heck, r8 8/8 m8.

Also about episode 13

episode 13

Also finished up the second season of Boku no Hero Academia which turned out much better than the first season. To be honest, I felt season one was pretty much a test run if it was going to succeed or not in the anime version, and it did. Season Two picked up where it left off and got much better and I definitely enjoyed this season. I hope to expect the third season (already confirmed in the last episode) to be the same length since it will be just as good if not slightly better than the second season. I give season 2 a 8.75/10 (round up to 9/10 in MAL's score).

Still have not finalized what I am going to watch this fall season, but I will try to finish up Owarimonogatari S2 this week along with Kemono Friends which I started earlier today.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 3, 2017, 1:55:56 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Still have not finalized what I am going to watch this fall season

I know at least 3 series I will watch:
Kekkai sensen and beyond
Food wars season 3
Mahoutsukai no yome
And wasn't there also 3-gatsu no lion season 2?
"
FCK42 wrote:
And wasn't there also 3-gatsu no lion season 2?

If there has not been any last minute change (like postponement) then this fall season should include season 2 as well.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

First anime of the new season watched, Black Clover.

The MC irritated me so much i doubt i'll be watching it further
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Sooo... after a long time of waiting (REALLY long time), finally I got to see the first episode of Mahoutsukai no Yome (the series, no the OVA, mind you). Holy crap is it brilliantly made! Soundtrack, atmosphere, animations, even the details like all those smaller magical creatures popping up here and there... I freakin love it. I DEMAND MORE!!!

Seriously, it's good. Pretty sure it'll at least come close, if not will be top anime of the season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info