:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
FCK42 wrote:
Sooo... after a long time of waiting (REALLY long time), finally I got to see the first episode of Mahoutsukai no Yome (the series, no the OVA, mind you). Holy crap is it brilliantly made! Soundtrack, atmosphere, animations, even the details like all those smaller magical creatures popping up here and there... I freakin love it. I DEMAND MORE!!!

Seriously, it's good. Pretty sure it'll at least come close, if not will be top anime of the season.

IIRC, the OVA was catered to the manga readers since they were bundled in some of the volume sales. Since I did not read the manga, I might as well start off with the main series first.

Mahoutsukai no Yome has a lot of potential to being the best in this season, but we also got 3-gatsu on Lion season 2 to compete with. :P
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 8, 2017, 6:09:35 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Mahoutsukai no Yome has a lot of potential to being the best in this season, but we also got 3-gatsu on Lion season 2 to compete with. :P

I know that the competition is fierce (3-gatsu, kekkai sensen and food wars), but I think it still got a pretty good chance.

Edit: Since you were talking about the OVAs being for the manga readers, I don't really think so. While there IS a character in there that will be introduced a bit later in the series, they tell a completely new story about Chise's past. So, I guess you can watch them at any point really, but it'd be better to wait until a certain person was introduced.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on Oct 9, 2017, 7:47:02 AM
"
FCK42 wrote:

Edit: Since you were talking about the OVAs being for the manga readers, I don't really think so. While there IS a character in there that will be introduced a bit later in the series, they tell a completely new story about Chise's past. So, I guess you can watch them at any point really, but it'd be better to wait until a certain person was introduced.

I was looking up the series since I was interested in watching it and it had a prequel, which are the 3 episode OVAs, and I did a bit of research (mostly peer reviews and discussions in MAL) on whether to start out first with the OVA or the TV series. Turns out there is a couple of recommendations leaning toward the TV series first for those that have not read the manga yet (which I have not either) to avoid any slight confusions. Of course, there are other that mentioned it does not matter, so mixed signals = TV series first for me.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 9, 2017, 4:26:00 PM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

I was looking up the series since I was interested in watching it and it had a prequel, which are the 3 episode OVAs, and I did a bit of research (mostly peer reviews and discussions in MAL) on whether to start out first with the OVA or the TV series. Turns out there is a couple of recommendations leaning toward the TV series first for those that have not read the manga yet (which I have not either) to avoid any slight confusions. Of course, there are other that mentioned it does not matter, so mixed signals = TV series first for me.

I'd recommend going for the TV series first aswell in that case. But damn is it frustrating to have to wait for it to be slowly released... I want it! Right now! T-T
The opening is so damn awesome though... all this time while waiting I was like "Please, for the love of (insert whatever comes closest to a deity that you are worshipping), DON'T LET THEM F*CK UP THE OPENING!!!" For me, a good opening is a major plus for a series. I even watched at least one series simply because of the opening and ending, or rather it made me continue to watch the series after the first episode.
Wow, I just noticed yet another show that has enough potential to become anime of the season: Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau.
That series gives me vibes similar to made in abyss, adventure with a dark undertone. Also, the visuals are top notch (just look at how detailed those backgrounds are!) and the story seems very interesting.
I guess I have another show to add to my watchlist.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I am watching code geass again to get ready for R3. I realized code geass is not as awesome as I used to think of it simply due to the lack of good competing animes back then.

s1 was very much good. but the 2nd part was no where near the quality... the change in direction was jarring to say the least

"

First anime of the new season watched, Black Clover.

The MC irritated me so much i doubt i'll be watching it further

its one of those things in which the manga will be better just because you dont need to hear the mc talk. Otherwise its pretty much in the same vein as naruto , fairy-tail and 7 deadly sins
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 10, 2017, 9:08:06 AM
Third Garo series definitely has the best first episode out of the three series so far and I hope it continues the trend to blow over the second series (Garo: Guren no Tsuki) which was meh to me. I already like the MC, Sword, compare to the likes of Raikou (MC of second series).
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Oct 13, 2017, 12:40:24 AM
Had a pretty fun time with Net-juu no susume today. Really enjoyable series so far, good to calm down and relax from all those action/drama/whatever stuff going on. So far I can recommend it, I just hope that it won't end too awfully...

Now that I think about it, this season has a lot of the "calmer" series: The aforementioned Net-juu no susume, Kekkai Sensen (Imo it is rather calm for an action series) and Mahoutsukai no yome. Not complaining though, I enjoy it quite a lot :D
"
FCK42 wrote:
Net-juu no susume

Am i the only one that though that the subbers would have translated the "elite NEET" as 1337 NEET?

As for this season being calmer...not really, i mean there are a lot of bloody ones this time round, Juuni Taisen, Ousama Game, Evil or Live, Inuyahiki and some are pretty hectic like garo and Kekkai Sensen & Beyond.

I quite liked the first episode of Blend-S don't know if it'll manage to go the distance but i'll give it a shot.

Spoiler
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Oct 14, 2017, 10:46:22 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
As for this season being calmer...not really, i mean there are a lot of bloody ones this time round, Juuni Taisen, Ousama Game, Evil or Live, Inuyahiki and some are pretty hectic like garo and Kekkai Sensen & Beyond.

Let me have my illusions damnit T_T

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info