:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

I saw the opening for a Tsukihime remake a while ago (scheduled for release this year in summer)... I really wish we could an adaptation for that one. Preferably by Ufotable. The manga it had was quite nice after all... if only we had an anime for it.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Eh, I'll settle for Fate/Grand Carnival, Spring Song (missed that one for obvious reasons) Camelot and Solomon for my upcoming Type-Mooning. If Tsukihime gets a decent localisation (and remember, Fate/Stay Night STILL hasn't) I'll give it a go -- already know some of the basics thanks to Carnival Phantasm and general Nasu exposure.

Speaking of deep-dive fandoms, the GF got me a Bakemonogatari Hitagi Crab watch for my birthday. I haven't worn a watch for decades, but it sure is stylish, full of subtle details like compasses and staplers...

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
"
Eh, I'll settle for Fate/Grand Carnival, Spring Song (missed that one for obvious reasons) Camelot and Solomon for my upcoming Type-Mooning. If Tsukihime gets a decent localisation (and remember, Fate/Stay Night STILL hasn't) I'll give it a go -- already know some of the basics thanks to Carnival Phantasm and general Nasu exposure.

Speaking of deep-dive fandoms, the GF got me a Bakemonogatari Hitagi Crab watch for my birthday. I haven't worn a watch for decades, but it sure is stylish, full of subtle details like compasses and staplers...

I'm still not sure if I should just watch Spring Song or wait a long, LONG time until I get to watch it in a cinema... I'm getting closer and closer to doing the former. If I'm lucky, they'll try to give the Heaven's Feel triple feature another go later this or next year, since it got canceled. It'd be an hour long drive away from here, but damn, I do NOT want to miss that!

That sounds like a really amazing present! Staplers, huh. Now I got that opening stuck in my head again. Also a belated happy birthday I guess? All the best wishes and stay as healthy as possible and all that.
Cheers. I deliberately didn't tell anyone this year (for fairly obvious reasons) but I had an awesome day regardless, chock-full of surprises great and small.

As for that Hitagi Crab opening, it'd be THE Bakemonogatari song for me if Kimishiranai Monogatari didn't exist. I know it's not Saito Chiwa singing it, but the tone and imagery just screams Senjougahara. All of the opening were Kousaki Satoru's work (see also: Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Idolmaster OP and Beastars) but the endings were often supercell's work.

ClariS' https://bakemonogatari.fandom.com/wiki/Naisho_no_Hanashi is by far my favourite. Those lyrics are so fitting for where Hitagi is during the earlier parts of the story.

Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
My goodness, the level of quality of the new shows is just jaw dropping to say the least. It's utter insanity how many incredibly shows we got this time around.

Still haven't gotten around to checking out every show I wanted to, but I'm getting there. Also, Jujutsu Kaisen's second opening has some Shinkai movie level animation going... the first op already had incredible visuals, but the 2nd one got it beat in that regard imo.

Regarding Kimi Shiranai no Monogatari, it's always been one of my absolute favourite anime ending songs, though I've never actually looked up the lyrics. I should've done so much sooner, it pretty much screams Hanekawa Tsubasa. One of my favourite openings for the monogatari franchise is "07734". I think it's one of the more creative ones, but just about all of them are amazing and interesting.
Koimonogatari's Senjougahara/Kaiki duet is on a whole other level. The seiyuu were not given the usual cues, so it sounds just like bad 80s karaoke. Fucking genius.

Prefer JJK's first OP song-wise, but second trumps it in every other way.

And yes, so many beautiful shows. Mushoku Tensei/Jobless Reincarnation is without doubt the most beautiful (it looks better than some anime movies), but the material has already caused a stir. We remain cautiously optimistic.

The double episode for Cells At Work Black was so far the highlight of the season for us.
Mushoku Tensei is quite likely to be my anime of the season. It's incredibly well made and the characters are interesting with a lot of depth. Though I think that the next episode is VERY likely to cause quite the stir in the community. Possibly on twitter as well (then again, that doesn't mean a whole lot)... eh, whatever, it still makes for a very entertaining anime series with top tier animation and soundtrack.
Having trouble enjoying it now that I know. I'm on edge the whole time, waiting for Sugita's 'Rudy' to say or do something that pushes it over the edge. But I've already ranted about this in a more appropriate setting (pissed off a few mods in the process, because of course I did) so shall refrain here.

Instead, read this.

https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2021/01/24/winter-2021-anime-overview/#section4
What you said and the last part of that section sum it up quite nicely. I will likely be able to enjoy the series nonetheless, but yeah, it does get on my nerves at times.

Don't worry too much though, as has been said, he's the worst at the start of it all and will get better over time... to a degree. Also, it's not him that I'm worried about when it comes to the next episode.

Back to that article, I knew there was a LOT of talent involved, but hadn't yet taken a deeper look into it. I think I heard about whitefox being involved, but that could just my imagination.

Well, I guess even if the series were to drown in a shitstorm at some point (the worst I can see happen would be on the level of shield hero, MAYBE goblin slayer in terms of scope, if at all... who am I kidding OF COURSE someone's gonna get offended and blow it out of proportion), it'll still look and sound amazing :)

For now I'll enjoy it for what it is... a very well-made isekai series with a deeply flawed main character.
Damn, the latest Jujutsu Kaisen episode was amazing. Itadori and Todo vs Hanami was just an all-out sakuga spectacle, great choreography and believable tactics in a fight. And then there was Gojou doing Gojou things, with yet another amazing background track for an ability of his.

I haven't mentioned this before, but one of my favourite things about Jujutsu Kaisen is the in-universe explanation for the characters explaining their abilities.

Slime has kicked off what is likely it's darkest arc, I can't wait to see the resolution of this conflict animated.

Mushoku Tensei is about to take a turn. I think I'll still be enjoying this one, but I don't think I can freely recommend it to just anyone. It's still got some... flaws. And it seems like they're here to stay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info