:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

In a stacked season, Wonder Egg Priority is somehow a clear winner for me.

Back Arrow has been erratic but I won't pretend I'm not invested. Banger LiSA OP too.

Kumo desu ga proves just how far voicework can carry an otherwise middling production. Remains to be seen if House Husband can do the same: that trailer looked utterly dire, but eh, if you're not there for Tsudaken, what's the point?

Honestly, too many to list, and we're already behind with more than a few.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
I have yet to watch wonder egg priority, but I've only heard good things about it. Though I gotta admit, the summary I read sounded a bit weird.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
It's peak Cloverworks and the ONLY show Sakugabooru Blog are covering episode by episode. What more do you need to hear?
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
and,
Both Re:Zero season 2 and Tensura had some fantastic episodes this week.
I actually enjoy the change in atmosphere in this season of Re:Zero. At least this time around I don't have to have a 100% wholesome or funny show that I need to watch to relax afterwards. I really wonder where they'll go from here though, the last couple of episodes definitely changed the power balance across the cast.

Tensura was everything I had hoped for and then some. Here it's the complete opposite to Re:Zero, I like the fact that they're introducing more and more darker themes while still being a fairly upbeat show overall. The last two episodes were definitely horrifying in their own way.
Probably my favourite scene was
Rimuru's actual evolution into a true Demon Lord. First off the hilarious way Ranga carried him, but then the evolution itself. I think the way they showed it was as close to perfect as it gets. The sound was fantastic, when the words of the world first spoke to the entire nation I actually got chills.

...I might enjoy these two a little bit too much, if there is such a thing.
I found quite an interesting show that wasn't on my radar before, Mars Red. It has a pretty interesting setting imo (or maybe I'm just unnaturally biased towards anime with vampires in them? Now that I think about it, that might actually be the case...), an unusual artstyle and decent soundtrack so far. For some reason it's given me some studio shaft vibes, but looking at the staff list, that's probably the editing.
I'm kinda interested to see where it'll go at this rate...
Looking like a much lower volume season quality-wise, thank goodness. This last one was gruelling. Mars Red looks like an odd vampire anime, and Tsuki to Laika looks REALLY odd. Both do have my eye.

edit: Well that was Shafty of Signal MD. Very. Kagenashi ftw.
Currently playing on:
and,
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 30, 2021, 8:57:24 AM
I started Wonder Egg Priority just now. It definitely seems unique, but from the themes it had so far in the first episode I'm not sure if I'll be able to stomach it.

I watched Heaven's Feel: Spring Song today. That sure is one depressing timeline...
spoiler (I mean it)
I'm quite glad we got to get a deeper view on Kotomine Kirei and his motivations in this timeline. He had some pretty badass moments, especially when he fought against Assassin and Matou Zouken.

I'm also pretty happy we finally get to see what Rider can actually do once she's got a fully competent master. That fight against Saber alter was something else.

My god, I feel like the perpetual loser across all three main timelines (other than Lancer) has got to be Ilya. It just doesn't seem fair what happens to her. Does she die in all three routes? Or did she survive the Fate route? I heard the Deen Stay Night adaptation wasn't that faithful to the original and on top of it my memory's already a bit foggy there.

I guess I'll have to watch Emiya-san Chi no Kyo no Gohan episode 3 to calm my nerves a bit (can we get a season 2? Pretty please?).

I have to admit, I have neither heard of, nor read about Tsuki to Laika up until now... I can only assume that, despite the name, it has little to do with the dog named "Laika" that was sent to space. I'll have to look this one up.
Jouran looks like a bit of a dark horse. Kinda strange to see it with bushiroad backing but eh bushiroad has a history of anime far better than a glorified ad for mobile games has any right to be.

Two hyper stylish supernatural shows set during the Taisho era in one season
Nuts.
Currently playing on:
and,
Aaaand I binged to episode 6 of Wonder Egg Priority so far. It sure has some hart hitting moments... I guess that's what I get for underestimating that "psychological" tag.
I gotta say, those pendants they got in episode 6 at first gave me some serious Madoka Magica flashbacks... I can't shake the feeling that something will go terribly wrong sometime soon :/

Anyways, I'll be taking a break for now and continue tomorrow. Even if it ends up destroying me emotionally, I wanna see where it ends. Something something curiosity and cats.
Ok, that ending of Wonder Egg Priority was just... I mean... what? That came pretty much out of nowhere... though I have to admit that I like the fact that the thing they said at the beginning about your eyes did end up being important.
Last edited by FCK42 on Apr 1, 2021, 12:53:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info