:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

Should we open up the can of worms... Evangelion for Netflix. I'm scared to watch it for I do not want to be disappointed from one of my childhood first Anime's.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
Evangelion [...] one of my childhood first Anime's.

Ok seriously, how much did that traumatise you? I only watched the rebuild movies up until now, but even those were some really heavy stuff. Watching that as a child just seems messed up to me...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I remember watching Eva on VHS with a few friends, unsubbed, as a high schooler with 3 years of high school Japanese under our belts. Whole thing, no break. Three of us. We were in a daze for a week.

I've seen it probably 20-25 times since. I'd say AMA but frankly Evangelion is what you make of it. I'm just glad that Anno finally got to make a 'happy' version of it with Rebuild. As brilliant as the tv series was, it really is the expression of a man's breakdown, almost taking a studio along for the ride.

I recently rewatched rebuilds 1-3 to prep for 3+1, but other than the sakuga pretties and the amazing music, it might as well be doujin now.

As for the Netflix version, meh. They scored one of the hottest properties in anime history and had no idea what to do with it. They put more love into their shitty Polygon pictures dumpster-fires and their utterly needless reboots. I take very, very good care of my Platinum DVD Evangelion collection.

__

Grabbed Blade of the Immortal, Tatami Galaxy and Paranoia Agent on BD on my last Amazon run (last night). Was hoping they'd have Spring Song but I guess that's an Aniplex exclusive for now.

__

Shows we're watching so far this season: Back Arrow (continuing), Dragon Quest Dai (continuing), Burning Kabaddi, Jouran, Mars Red, White Notes. Pretty quiet so far...

__

My first post-vaccination movie outing is this Thursday. FGO: Camelot first movie. Woo-fucking-hoo!
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster Deckbuilder, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word (book 2 draft is done! formatting and shit ensues.)
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 3, 2021, 10:44:06 PM
I would recommend:

Vivy: Fluorite Eye’s Song. My AOTS candidate currently. I first thought this would be some lightweight Idol show but it's a lot more on the side of timetravel/terminator story. If they can keep the quality in both story and animation this will go places.

Sentouin, Hakenshimasu! Stupid humor if you can stomach the fanservice. And it's being an isekai without it being an isekai, i had to laugh :)

planning to watch list currently:

86 (we will see, i like scifi^^ source seems to be quite good, but with LNs thats always hard to say)

Megalo Box 2: Hopefully at least half as good as trhe first one.

Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou desu: A josei isekai, hopefully not as bad as those game adaptions

sidonia Finish is coming too. Maybe this ending will be understandable.

@EVA: I loved it back then. But I didn't watch any move after the first. I thoguht the series was complete as it was.

Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Apr 6, 2021, 5:19:41 AM
Yeah, they knew EXACTLY how little effort they had to put into Househusband with writing that good and Tsuda carrying every damn scene. Fuck, that was hilarious. No less than four perfect casting choices. Can't in good conscience call it 'anime' but it works perfectly fine as a narrated manga or a radio drama with visual aides.

Vivy was always touted as a contender. Studio WIT doing a mix of Alita and Animatrix with a hint of Macross Plus? I suspect it'll be this season's Mushoku in terms of production values.

Sentouin is basically Excel Saga meets Golden Boy by way of Konosuba's author. You know within 5 minutes if it's going to work for you or not. It wasn't all that funny but I'm curious I guess.

Megalobox 2: Nomad is already as good as season 1.

Seijo no etc is low-key almost slice of anime isekai. Very slow, very sedate first episode, but with nice hints of deeper intrigue and tension.

Super Cub is the most beautiful Honda ad I've ever seen.

Slime Diaries is no gimmick, but a full-blown show in its own rights.

Dragon goes House-Hunting is the anti-Monhan show and we're all in.

Dynazenon is already more interesting to me than Gridman. Nice to hear OxT back at it too.

My money's on Odd Taxi being AOTS. Utterly compelling from start to end.

Completely ignored both of the problematic age-gap romance shows. Our plate's full enough.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Diablo IV s4, Predecessor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Stellaris (finally);
and,
Oh, and Kusogeemu is RIGHT up our alley. Same author as TUUUEEE but this time pointing out the horrors of TOO realistic VR? Hell yes.

...And I don't care what anyone says, Back Arrow is a blast. Banger OPs/EDs too.
Currently playing on:
and,
hrhr I feared Vivy would end up as one of those "become Human" stories. I never understodd why an author would give up an unique viewpoint he himself can define, just so everybody can go "dawww now she understands humans". WIT may garrantue a very good animation, but that won't help if the story is to sleep for.

And Fumetsu no Anata e was even better than i expected. That one will be a wild ride.
haven't watched odd taxi yet, we will see.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Sub.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I still remember the entire Sailor Moon song... I remember while visiting my best friend at her University the entire Greek sorority heard me humming to the song and they all joined in. LOL...
any of yall enjoy futabu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info