:;()$&@"\The Anime Pub/:;()$&@"

"
FCK42 wrote:
Alrighty, first episode of grand blue... holy crap is it funny. I mean, I was expecting it to be, but it's even more hilarious than I thought. The kind of humour is not for everyone though... still, I was laughing my ass off.

Dayum i had the same, not a smart choice to start watching that at five in the morning before going to sleep.

Oolong tea, water, shit cracked me up so bad.
Spoiler
Why is it on fire?

That's gonna be a must watch if they keep it going on the same level as the first episode.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I loved katanagatari and the ending was so satisfying.

It all came together so well in that final episode where you go "god damn, makes sense".

The best blade indeed. At the same time, so sad he had to demonstrate it because of that "event", to avoid spoilering it for others :)

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
I loved katanagatari and the ending was so satisfying.

It all came together so well in that final episode where you go "god damn, makes sense".

The best blade indeed. At the same time, so sad he had to demonstrate it because of that "event", to avoid spoilering it for others :)

Peace,

-Boem-

Is katanagatari a finished series? I'd like to watch it whole this week.

I see that light novel has 12 volumes and anime has 12 episodes, but don't know if whole light novel is converted to anime?
Spreading salt since 2006
^i don't read manga's so i'm sure Charan is better suited to answer that question.

But as far as i can tell from the storyline it appeared finished to me.

Watch it, it's a good show, far better then i initially gave it credit for when reading the tl;dr.

Peace,

-Boem-
Turns out after the 2nd episode: Grand Blue is still funny, but it also has its more serious moments. Will continue to watch, for the "water" and "oolong tea".

I read somewhere that Revue Starlight, Planet With and Asobi Asobase are supposed to be pretty good, so I might pick em up aswell. And just like that my watching schedule got more complicated again.

And since you were talking about Katanagatari... I still have to finish that one aswell, only at episode 3 right now I think.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Revue Starlight is this generation's Utena. Nuff said.

Crap, now that you mention it, I haven't seen that one EITHER.
I should really get to watching some of the classics...
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'm about to take the ultimate plunge and create a largely filler-free spreadsheet watching order for Naruto based on several reddit posts, some news articles and friends' recommendations. Well, it's official now. I'm sort of into anime.

You only just realised that? ...ok.
I have to apologize here, while I DID understand that, I deliberately ignored it. Sometimes we Germans do that. I thought it would be funny here... probably wasn't. Sorry.
I could try something different to be funny then (which will probably fail aswell):
How many Germans does it take to change a lightbulb?
Answer
One. We work efficiently and have no sense of humour.

God, I suck at being funny.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Please tell me you didn't just miss the mixture of self-deprecation, sarcasm and irony that is Australian Understatement.
"
FCK42 wrote:
I have to apologize here, while I DID understand that, I deliberately ignored it. Sometimes we Germans do that. I thought it would be funny here... probably wasn't.

As an unrelated 3rd party of neither nationality, I had quite a bit of fun, so I like to think the conversation was working as intended.

-

On topic:

While I do have a massive backlog that I'll probably never get to watch in this lifetime, among the series I did watch, "Shinsekai yori" takes the cake. The depressing, inspiring, philosophical cake.

-end of humble contribution to the thread-

But do keep mentioning all the stuff I'll probably never get to. I have practically unlimited space in my bookmarks.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Attack on Titan Season 3 had a pretty good first episode I'd say. I also enjoyed the different style for the opening. It doesn't ALWAYS have to be something that is meant to hype you up even more than the previous opening.

Also watched cells at work episode 3 just now. I love that series, it has feel-good, comedy, badass and with that latest episode also jojo reference moments. And yes, while I haven't seen Jojo's (yet. I swear, I'll watch it. Soon, hopefully) I can still recognise a lot of the references. Well, the obvious ones at the very least.
Seriously, the only thing missing was that one T-cell striking ridiculous poses and it could've been renamed to jojo-reference-cell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info