How many fusing you using when make 6 link your item?

This is bull, im on 1600+ fusing to 6l my chest, blown about 50 ex trying. this is F'in ridiculous.

Most of the community can afford a 6L, let alone the EX it takes to make one. 5Ls works, don't get me wrong. But to get the higher amount of DPS required to run high level maps is almost impossible with out a 6L, for most builds.

Way to keep the poor, poorer and the rich, richer GGG. This is why Real Money Trades exists. because of horrible game mechanics that make it stupid for people to do anything without it.

read a post about 6 linking a item and from the data they manages to get from the community it was less and a percent chance to 6L something with 1100 fusings. Lets do some basic math shall we?

1100/37 (rough market value for EX to fusings) = 29.9 EX
just to get to that less then a percent chance to 6L an item. This is crazy, i'v gone broke trying to make an item to progress my character. But instead, im now 9000% done with this crap. So, effectively an attempt to make more fun has made the experience worse and im going to go play something else where i don't have to worry about my hard time spent amounting to nothing.
The Collector (DeathZStalkerZ) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/511550
IGN: WrechedArrow, DeathsFoot
Last edited by GooberFH on Jan 22, 2014, 11:58:22 PM
"How many fusing you using when make 6 link your item?"
answer is ALL and still no 6 link (and i play from closed beta).....damn enjoyable isn't it ?
The best part? Even after burning through 2,000 fusings your odds are still exactly the same as when you started. 100% loss. Zero reward. 100% stupid.
The solution isn't to change the game mechanics, but to inform people as to the actual chances so that they can make an informed choice. If that chance is situational, let us know the situation and how it affects the chances.

The problem isn't randomness. It's lack of information.
Spent about 80 fusing so far (no 5L either); not one anymore as I came to realise path of trading. Stocking up, saving ex's for one 6L Kharui Maul. In about 6 months I'll have it, bcz, bcz ex's keep falling on my head.

Parody of all, game which attracts you in by slot mechanic and linking them, the most enjoyable part of leveling up, 3L,4L and combinations with gems - you cant get 6L to experiment as you like bcz it's so f***** expensive.

When i see those numbers people are posting...1000+ ?!? i get chills when 1 drops. I know you can exchange via other gem currency etc. etc. but seriously...1000+ ?

They should implement some kind of item memory so that it makes more probable result after gazzilion of orbs spent. As it stands now, you have similar chance on 1st try and after 2000+ tries.

Stupid beyond measurement...

Last edited by Trumbettoo on Jan 23, 2014, 8:47:17 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The solution isn't to change the game mechanics, but to inform people as to the actual chances so that they can make an informed choice. If that chance is situational, let us know the situation and how it affects the chances.

You don't even have a character to hit 70 yet, and you've been playing for what, a year? You've never even attempted to 6 link something, you don't know what it feels like to burn all your currency for literally nothing. Please, just stop posting on these forums. Your opinions are 100% uninformed and generally useless.

People know the chances. People know that the average comes out to a whopping 15 fucking hundred fusings per 6 link. For some reason GGG think that attaching a massive grind to something makes it "hardcoar".
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
Last edited by Caustic2 on Jan 23, 2014, 6:30:29 PM
about 25 so far.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

You don't even have a character to hit 70 yet, and you've been playing for what, a year? You've never even attempted to 6 link something, you don't know what it feels like to burn all your currency for literally nothing. Please, just stop posting on these forums. Your opinions are 100% uninformed and generally useless.

People know the chances. People know that the average comes out to a whopping 1500 fucking hundred fusings per 6 link. For some reason GGG think that attaching a massive grind to something makes it "hardcoar".

Not that he needs to be defended but...

He is right.

You know full well that the chances of 6-linking an item is extremely low. Yet you still try and then complain with the outcome.

Who is the moron here?

I have adamantly stated my opinions on crafting and voiced how I would like it changed but until then I will still play the game as it was intended and not complain when I have spent loads of fusing to get a 6-link.

Who knows... It might only take me 50.

In the mean time I will grind and reroll earning currency (and maybe finding something extremely valuable) and spending it on that armor I want 6-linked.

And what does him not having any character over level 70 have to do with his opinion? His time played is the determining factor on the validity of his opinion.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
Last edited by txfirefighter on Jan 23, 2014, 9:41:53 AM
roughly around 250 fusings to get to 5-link, planned on going for 6-link but decided to stop there, used prob around 500 blackstones, really doubt blackstones changing anything tbh
I 6linked 6 Items

1: Lioneye's Glare ~ 80 Fusings
2: Quill Rain - 11 Fusings
3: ilvl 79 Vaal Regalia ~ 200 Fusings
4: ilvl 80 Reaver Sword - 3 Fusings
5: A quite special Thicket Bow ~ 700 Fusings
6: A chest in a lottery for a friend - 26 fusings

that's around 1000 fusings for 6 Items. I think that's ok.

Without the Thicket bow it's around 300 for 5 Items

So now one might think: WOW DIS GUY SO LUCKY WTF.

What I'm doing is:

1. I 6Socket special uniques and then proceed trying to link them. If I get 5L I keep and sell. I get back my investment that way in most of the cases.
2. I try to 6Link any high Itemlevel 6Socket whites. If I get a 5L I keep and sell. I sometimes even make profit with selling the 5Links. And well the 6Links? A lot of profit.
3. The only 6Link I really needed was the Thicket bow. Had to force it, that's why it took so many.
4. I never count the fusings I need to 5Link stuff, that's why I can't tell you the overall number of fusings I ever used on 6Socket Items.
Last edited by Xantaria on Jan 23, 2014, 10:44:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info