0.11.4 Patch Notes

"
Startkabels wrote:
2 questions:

How do you generate charges using Tempest Shield?

And can somebody explain the reason for the change to the Soul Taker Axe? I thought the changed mod was aimed for Blood Magic users but now the mod does not work with Blood Magic anymore?

It's not that difficult after all: Link Tempest Shield with Power Charge on Critical and Increased Critical Strikes and have it generate Power Charges for you. (At least that's how I'd try to do it - my only char with Tempest Shield is a melee Templar with RT, so I've never done it)

And regarding the Soul Taker change:
The only scenario where the mod doesn't work with BM anymore is when you have less life than your attack would cost. Then instead of reducing your life to zero in order to attack it just prevents you from attacking. Not a bad change, if you ask me. (What I'm wondering at that point: Who was even finding out about that? Usually with BM you would try to stay at full life not at low life...)
If you have more life than needed for 1 attack there's nothing stopping you from attacking - so no change there.

Edit: Lol, way too slow... Ninja'd by jsn006 and entropus... :D
Crit happens.
Last edited by Inarion1986 on Aug 16, 2013, 8:27:02 AM
Thanks for the explanations all!

The ST axe doesn't have elemental damage unfortunately, I am building around that somewhat. I wonder what the new uniques will bring us...
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 16, 2013, 8:29:11 AM
"
Vaal Fallen are no longer classified as undead, so cannot be raised by Necromancers. While these constructs contain a skeleton, it is not the skeleton in the construct that has a life force.

Nerdgasm :D
Don't understand all the fus about the fixing of a bug here.

As I understood earlier the mechanics of this game are such that when you cast a skill that gives a permanent effect, that effect has and keeps the characteristics from the moment of casting. The effect stops when you take the skillgem out of the slot.

So, the covenant/reduced mana-"trick" should still be viable as long as you dont remove the aura-gem from its slot after casting the aura. Devs didn't state they changed the mechanics of the game, after all, a lot more would change. Spectres for instance, can be raised using different support gems; each spectre keeps its characteristics, even after swapping a support-gem, its the mechanics of this game. AS LONG AS you DONT REMOVE the spectre-gem, the spectres keep the attributes as they were at the time of casting. If the mechanics were changed all spectres would "reset" to the current spectre-support-setup, I cant believe devs would want that (would destroy the whole diversity thing this game is so graet in).

So, whats the problem? Casting auras using the Alphas Howl and then swapping the Howl for another piece of headgear involves removing the aura gems, so mechanics dictate that those auras should be undone. If they aren't undone after swapping in the village and putting them back in another headgear, that would be a bug and needs to be fixed.

So, all users that utilize the mechanics to the maximum extend shouldn't be affected, but those who wanted to build their char around a bug will be. To be honost, the thought of building my char around such a clear bug wouldn't even occur to me.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.11.4
The following Unique items now have their own 3D art - [...]Bringer of Rain[...].

Excellent :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Aug 16, 2013, 8:30:21 AM
"
fearkoodaa wrote:
"
And yes you are selfish, for the love of god understand its a BUG.

You do realize it isn't a bug when auras snapshot the current state of your character and keep those after switching items, just game mechanics, brah.

It's sad to see people think that they know what the devs intended. Devs say it's a bug, it's a bug.
So changing the mechanics how auras work, just to say people using blood magic items where "abusing" the game. GG
Twitch.tv/Baker
"
Baker wrote:
So changing the mechanics how auras work, just to say people using blood magic items where "abusing" the game. GG

it's an issue of balance. one of the biggest balance problems is not that auras are overpowered, but that people can stack them up very cheaply and easily

obviously, this needs to be fixed.

would you prefer they balanced the game around the idea of everybody running 5+ auras?
"
Lauicus wrote:
Don't understand all the fus about the fixing of a bug here.

People complaining they cant stack a 1000000 auras and having to PAY for the correct cost of an aura .... sheesh, the OUTRAGE!

PS: Hoooooly, nearly slipped on all the tears while making my way here :P
Can we get free respec for life based builds ? Its clear that if i would want to do again high lvl maps i have to make new toon based on CI. Most this new life rapers build we had are now worth nothing :S?

FREE RESPEC PLOX, or we cant find more bugs to report :(
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info