Maps for end game isn't enough

Honestly for this type of game I think the maps are fine. Some people just like to complain. Best thing I think for this kind of game is to have stuff to collect to improve you character in same way or another or make your character stand out so others know "Hey that guy over there did this that or the other".
So many amazing ideas in here it's actually exciting to think that GGG could be reading them and looking into implementing some of their features. I do have faith that they will deliver something in the future thats more interesting than maps. If anything the addition of pvp in the near future will quench alot of peoples thirst to do something new in POE besides the map grind =)
Beyeser - 77 Marauder
FuzzyClam - 80 Witch
FishyTaco - 74 Witch
IDK if this has been said yet but

-- Head 2 head Mob wave battles - Multiple players fighting off separate but equal hoards of mobs with each wave an increasing difficulty - Have multiple settings and options - and have live scoreboard to see how your opponents are doing.. this can also be team based games!
Last edited by lucid88 on Sep 13, 2012, 11:54:50 PM
Forced grouping to do end game content would be the end of it for me and many others I suspect. I have ZERO interest in playing with strangers and you would also be creating a 2 class system. people who can group up together would have all the best gear, etc. while the single players would be second class citizens.

Ditto with PVP. No interest. Its just a gear check. You would have to implimet a reward system for starters (players ears or tokens)as losing armour or weapons is not feasable due to the difficulty in obtaining them in the first place. Then you would have to offer something like set pieces or uber gear once a certain tier of pvp kills had been obtained.

Endless dungeon may work, but unless I get XP and drops, why would I bother? People will run in to a wall sooner or later though and get frustrated and give up. You would have to be able to go back and be able to rerun floors to build up XP to be capable of tackling the next floor. If we are talking strictly level 100 "things to do" then disregard my dungeon comments.

Maps are a pretty good answer in my opinion, its just not tweaked enough yet. System has to be polished and balanced better and frequency adjusted.

Evil Sysadmin
"
So many amazing ideas in here it's actually exciting to think that GGG could be reading them and looking into implementing some of their features. I do have faith that they will deliver something in the future thats more interesting than maps. If anything the addition of pvp in the near future will quench alot of peoples thirst to do something new in POE besides the map grind =)

I hope so too, I mean we dont know what they have planned, but for all we know is that maybe Chris really thought that maps were it? After all they call it end game now, and I was under the impression that this was all there was. You just can't count pvp as end game, its not and never will be. This game is a pcs game and that's that.
I think its plenty
Back in Maelstrom I could run parties and have fun with friends. Since maps were implemented noone wants to group up cuz the portal limit turns into a problem and noone wants other people running after their maps in FFA loot.

Results: My friend list shows not a single player online.

--

Regarding the wave of monsters thing, its easy to make it into a map.
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
"
Amarena wrote:
Back in Maelstrom I could run parties and have fun with friends. Since maps were implemented noone wants to group up cuz the portal limit turns into a problem and noone wants other people running after their maps in FFA loot.

Results: My friend list shows not a single player online.

--

Regarding the wave of monsters thing, its easy to make it into a map.

That is another good point, the fact that it brings up only 6 portals basically says "No groups allowed" This is a bad move by GGG's part.
"
Chris wrote:
What game have you guys played that had a great end-game? Please disregard any super content-heavy ones like MMORPGs that cost two hundred million dollars to make.

Edit: I'm not asking this rhetorically - I am interested in actually getting names of games to research.

Well, people aren't going to like to hear this but... I think D3 has a good end game. I understand people have some complaints, but I think the ability to play any quest over again, but with max level monsters and characters, is a good idea.
"
Allerdyne wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
What game have you guys played that had a great end-game? Please disregard any super content-heavy ones like MMORPGs that cost two hundred million dollars to make.

Edit: I'm not asking this rhetorically - I am interested in actually getting names of games to research.

Well, people aren't going to like to hear this but... I think D3 has a good end game. I understand people have some complaints, but I think the ability to play any quest over again, but with max level monsters and characters, is a good idea.

O

Really? Are you completely trolling us now? D3 had absolutely no end game at all, NONE, ZERO...... I can't take you seriously at all just by your comments.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info