Maps for end game isn't enough

I can't see reason why there couldn't be both, endless dungeon AND maps ?

maps would be a challenge with better loot and mayby better exp.

endless dungeon would only offer difficulty based on monster level with nothing special, basicly a place where you farm maps.

Or am i missing something here ?
"
Juomari wrote:
I can't see reason why there couldn't be both, endless dungeon AND maps ?

maps would be a challenge with better loot and mayby better exp.

endless dungeon would only offer difficulty based on monster level with nothing special, basicly a place where you farm maps.

Or am i missing something here ?

I think the point is "What is a good end game". I believe both your options are going to be in the game already. They want to know what will drive you to play the "end game".

To me running dungeons and maps is good, but it could be better.

ARPG's pretty much what you are saying is the "end game" content and GGG has done well so far.

MMO's have some good end game content also, I believe GGG could steal from. Things like epic boss dungeons/maps where it takes 2+ groups of players to defeat. With tiered gear (you have to do A dungeon a few times to get the t1 gear so you can do B dungeon a few times to get t2 gear, so you can do C dungeon etc)

Another thing as people have said already before is some type of guild or group PVP rewards that are semi static. Like a map that is controlled by X group for 1 week, and that map has +% rewards, but at the end of the week its up for grabs on who owns it for the next week.
Going to steal some ideas from Dark Souls and similar games.

How about a New Game option? You can keep your stash items but everything else gets cleared and you start over from Act 1 but with MUCH harder enemies. Of course the main draw here is better item drops, with a higher rare drop rate (or better currency items). I am thinking near infinite New Game restarts available. Full story replayability with increased revenue from stash tab purchases.

Or how about the option to invade other players instances?
removed this post, had 2 tabs open and posted it in the one i didn't want to post it in :P
Last edited by teek on Sep 19, 2012, 2:02:46 PM
"
lame_prophet wrote:
Going to steal some ideas from Dark Souls and similar games.

How about a New Game option? You can keep your stash items but everything else gets cleared and you start over from Act 1 but with MUCH harder enemies. Of course the main draw here is better item drops, with a higher rare drop rate (or better currency items). I am thinking near infinite New Game restarts available. Full story replayability with increased revenue from stash tab purchases.

Or how about the option to invade other players instances?

New Game seems a little unnecessary for the genre; you can always do a new game by just making a new character. However, a difficulty slider upon starting said character would be nice.

Invading other players' instances = cutthroat league.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
Chris:

Dark souls / Demon Souls

I don't know why, I think it might be the "Oh well I missed this and this and this, and could've done this and this, could've did it this way etc.."

on another note..

Perhaps have the storyline branch pathing? breaking from the traditional arpg linear storyline and give it more dynamics.. That way the player could run through a different path during each difficulty.. Maybe even setting 3 different paths with their own rewards (Skill/Resistances/Hp/Mana - Sorta like bandits I suppose, but on a larger scale and more spread out) which can only be done once per character..

For example, during normal, player has to choose between path A,B or C - Player chooses A - they can no longer choose A during the latter difficulties.

Say path A gives you 10 Dex and 5% resistances + 1 skill from the quests along the road, path B gives 30hp and 10 str + 1 skill, path C gives 30mp +1 skill & 10 Int then the player would have to make another decision as to which one would benefit them the most at that point in time..

Rereading this I realize it hasnt much to do with endgamebut more about content lol, however Dark Souls sucks me in everytime!
IGN Suojata
Haven’t read thru all of the posting but Guardian Heroes had a very fun end game. Basically as you played you unlocked NPC mobs that could be controlled in a death-match arena. Imagine playing as an undead roa charging at someone else playing a sand crab. There would be no gear, skills, or gems. It would just be pure death-match fun.
IGN: Wrathmar * Paulie * Client
The disgaea thing, seriously.

imagine a Diablo-style ARPG where this system is implemented. You find an epic bow, you go into the bow (random dungeon) with a couple of levels and increasingly difficult everything, at the end a boss (could just be a super version of random monsters) and when you defeat that boss, your bow becomes epic bow+ epicness.

how is this NOT the best thing ever for loot-driven ARPGS ?

And ofc, item worlds of the best items should be stunningly difficult, so that there actually is a reason to go complete the item worlds of the second-best items, hence preparing your gear for the most difficult ones.
Last edited by Darkenfall on Sep 21, 2012, 9:55:33 AM
I believe there are numerous options left to explore based on the map system, it's perhaps just bare, lacking variety and controllable options atm, with a less than ideal progression method imo (and I don't believe the map system is going to work in the long term without these things being addressed).
"
Darkenfall wrote:
The disgaea thing, seriously.

imagine a Diablo-style ARPG where this system is implemented. You find an epic bow, you go into the bow (random dungeon) with a couple of levels and increasingly difficult everything, at the end a boss (could just be a super version of random monsters) and when you defeat that boss, your bow becomes epic bow+ epicness.

how is this NOT the best thing ever for loot-driven ARPGS ?

And ofc, item worlds of the best items should be stunningly difficult, so that there actually is a reason to go complete the item worlds of the second-best items, hence preparing your gear for the most difficult ones.

Could be cool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info