Why come some streamers hate multistrike so?

Just curious?

I know I heard Kripparian bashing it a bit. Is there a reason? It seems pretty good to me?
Control issue, I'm guessing. It forces you to make all 3 attacks even when the first one killed the mob, it forces it on a reflect map where one attack wouldn't kill you but 3 would since you have no time to regen between hits.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
I've used multistrike with both heavy strike and cyclone.

With heavy strike, the added two attacks are randomized.

Meaning, when I want to focus down a certain target, if I'm using multistrike as a support for heavy strike, only the first strike is going to hit the target. The other two are going to randomly hit other mobs.

Same with cyclone, it triggers another cyclone duration that is completely random in direction. At least as far as I can tell from testing.

The random aspect of it is really annoying.
What about armor pen? Doesnt multistrike do less damage to armored enemies? I mean the more damage you do the more that gets mitigated right?
"
Paragonx78 wrote:
What about armor pen? Doesnt multistrike do less damage to armored enemies? I mean the more damage you do the more that gets mitigated right?

Yeah you will suffer more damage loss to enemy armour by using multistrike, but mobs don't have very much armour really. On the other hand you can have quite a bit of armour, and using something like multistrike will make it a lot easier to survive reflect.
im using multistrike with doublestrike, meleesplash and lifegain on hit (physdmg + hatred. currently working on >4 links, next support will be meleedmg).

its great. im at ~5 aps with that skill atm, dealing ~30 hits a sec if im not wrong (doublestrike*3*5, not counting the aoe-hits from meleesplash). My lifegain is lvl 17 (38 life per hit), so.... :D

if i enconuter rares, i just focus on them - everything else that comes near me will die from aoe or the "randomization" of the hits (and then the rare gets the aoe-dmg ;) ).

and reflect is (till now...) no problem for me. even on maps with phys reflect-mod i can jump in the midst of groups with a physreflectaura-rare without recognisable lifeloss (im using vulnerability as my main curse, even then).

but: im 1h(thrustingsword)/shield, so my damage per hit is not that high, and i have good dr.

"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
The only attack i like with mulitstrike is leapslam. But that's because it's fun.

The lack of control is what kills it's effectiveness.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
I hate Mutalisks
IGN: FifthCIShadow (HC League)
"
The only attack i like with mulitstrike is leapslam. But that's because it's fun.

The lack of control is what kills it's effectiveness.

The auto-targetting is what makes it viable on things like melee splash builds.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Multistrike is also not optimal for crit builds.

Meaning that if it takes 1 out every 3 hits to crit, it will take 3 times as long to achieve the same effect using multistrike since it prolongs the attack animation. If the first hit and crits, the other 2 hits crit. If the first hit does not crit, the subsequent two hits will not crit, making the time duration between that hit and the next critical hit much longer.

It's something I've noticed where my AoE Doublestrike with Meleesplash, LOH, Faster Attacks, and blind would crit more often than my single target Doublestrike with Multistrike, Melee Physical Damage, and Blind.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info