Why come some streamers hate multistrike so?

hrhr cyclone and multi does not work at all. a few attacks and you desync to the year 1911. realy, try yourself ;)
"
Heroofexile wrote:
i think multi flicker is nothing you can play tbh. it desyncs just too much.
i can be fun solo if your damage is high enough to one shot trash but its horrible in groups.

you also have not enough control over your flicker path. it happens all the time that you clear a room in notime your grp never entered. lol.

piety (can die much faster, all depends on the charges. this vids was made to proof _some_ tankyness with aegis, not for a dps showoff)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cAflGMfPtE

kole (can kill im in 2 seconds)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTAPEvr8DW4

not playing this toon because of desync. :/ 38,5k 6L flicker/multi/splash

Ok I will take your advice and swap out multistrike, thanks for the tips and advice.
If you flicker crit with daggers you must have multistrike to assure efficient use of frenzy charges. Flicker doesn't work in groups. If you are a flicker striker just use LS in groups and conduit frenzy and power charges. Taking out multisrike will not make you any better in groups and worse solo.
~~~Build - Flay's Flicker Finder - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/733257~~~
~~~Shop - Flay's Fantastic Flea Market - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/631082~~~
"
Sblak wrote:
If you flicker crit with daggers you must have multistrike to assure efficient use of frenzy charges. Flicker doesn't work in groups. If you are a flicker striker just use LS in groups and conduit frenzy and power charges. Taking out multisrike will not make you any better in groups and worse solo.

I don't understand what you mean? Could you explain please.

-thanks
[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Jan 12, 2015, 10:05:21 AM
"
skinnay wrote:
"
Clownkrieger wrote:
im using multistrike with doublestrike, meleesplash and lifegain on hit (physdmg + hatred. currently working on >4 links, next support will be meleedmg).

its great. im at ~5 aps with that skill atm, dealing ~30 hits a sec if im not wrong (doublestrike*3*5, not counting the aoe-hits from meleesplash). My lifegain is lvl 17 (38 life per hit), so.... :D

if i enconuter rares, i just focus on them - everything else that comes near me will die from aoe or the "randomization" of the hits (and then the rare gets the aoe-dmg ;) ).

and reflect is (till now...) no problem for me. even on maps with phys reflect-mod i can jump in the midst of groups with a physreflectaura-rare without recognisable lifeloss (im using vulnerability as my main curse, even then).

but: im 1h(thrustingsword)/shield, so my damage per hit is not that high, and i have good dr.

"im at 5 attacks per second and dealing 30 attacks per second"

Double strike is two hits in one attack and multistrike is 3 hits in one attack. So what he says is actually possible. He attacks 5 times per second, but each one of his attack is actually 6 fast hits, so 5*6 = 30 hits per second.
Shadow : Covenant Pulser (504561)
Ranger : 12 charges Frenzy Archer (65154), Dual Claws Elemental ST (709126)
Witch : Self-Cast Arc Tanky Witch (770185), AoF EK/Bear trap (863970)
Templar : Frenzy + AB/Fireball "Cast on Crit" Wander (611200)
Marauder : Death Oath Staff User (498864)
Last edited by Velkor on Aug 16, 2013, 7:28:34 PM
I run a pure physical Heavystrike, Mulistrike, Melee Splash, Life Leech, Added Phys, Faster Attacks. I am at about 15k melee, and crowds just melt around me. I think it's fine.

The single most dangerous thing I have encountered with that set up, is very high phys refleect. Moderate phys reflect is ignored completely, very high and I have to be cautious, but that's it.
"
Paragonx78 wrote:
Just curious?

I know I heard Kripparian bashing it a bit. Is there a reason? It seems pretty good to me?

Main drawback is that once you attack you're commited to your strikes meaning you can't just attack move macro your way to victory ( which is bad design altogether considering that we're playing an Arpg here non the less ).
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Aug 16, 2013, 9:06:50 PM
"
Velkor wrote:
Double strike is two hits in one attack and multistrike is 3 hits in one attack. So what he says is actually possible. He attacks 5 times per second, but each one of his attack is actually 6 fast hits, so 5*6 = 30 hits per second.

Except, that's not how Multistrike works :)
Double Strike performs two attacks in a single attack animation. Multistrike simply chains three separate attack animations (and makes them a ton faster). The extra attacks per second from Double Strike are not factored into the attacks/sec display; Multistrike is. He's attacking ten times per second, not thirty.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 16, 2013, 10:37:55 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Velkor wrote:

Except, that's not how Multistrike works :)
Double Strike performs two attacks in a single attack animation. Multistrike simply chains three separate attack animations (and makes them a ton faster). The extra attacks per second from Double Strike are not factored into the attacks/sec display; Multistrike is. He's attacking ten times per second, not thirty.

@velkor: thx for clarifying, thats what i meant (yes, there is a difference between attacks and hits :) )

@vipermagi: now i am totally confused. i meant 5 attacks per second, dealing 30 hits - skilltooltip says ~ 5 aps (attacktime 0,21 sec to be exact). never said anything else. multistrike = repeats attack 2 additional times (3 in total). doublestrike = 2 hits. 5*3*2 = 30.

if multistrike _is_ factored into the tooltip-aps, perhaps its better to say i can use the skill (doublestrike with all supports factored in) 5 times per second, dealing 15 attacks and 30 hits...

hmhm... thats why i have written "if im not wrong". think i will have a look at the multistrike-thread in the skillsection now :)

EDIT:

read the thread and found the exact question and an answer from an community-member. see that post and the one below. asked for a confirmation just to be sure about that :) (and i really think the skill-tooltips can be quite misleading ;)

EDIT 2:

yeah, tested it a bit and thought it through, its like vipermagi said. the aps really means the single attack, not the whole multistrike-combo.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
He's attacking ten times per second, not thirty.

but now thats missleading again - doublestrike says "Performs two fast attacks on target enemy", but the aps are shown for doublestrike as a whole... (or am i wrong with that, too? :D) i still see an inconsistency here... but i will stop thinking about that now before my head explodes. build is fun, thats most important :D

"Glattes Eis, ein Paradeis, für den, der gut zu tanzen weiß" - F. Nietzsche
Last edited by Clownkrieger on Aug 17, 2013, 8:53:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info