Further 0.11.4 Improvements

Im really glad you improve Performance.
Excited to see what Kind of Impact These changes will have.
Good work
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
"
jdilly23 wrote:
Any chance we can actually have some information about what youre doing to fix desync? I realize that it is a huge process the vast majority of players wont understand, but the typical blizzard "were working on it" is unfortunate :/

Edit: to avoid another post

Is there an official statement on the direction of the game? I want to keep supporting but lately there has been a bit of caving in to the casual gamers. Which i suppose is fine, but just not for me

Id like some reassurance that this game as a whole will remain hardcore and will continue down the path it was on months ago before i devote a lot more time/money to the game

Thanks for any info :)

They nerfed/fixed a loophole that made the game easier (read: Alpha Howl), so what path do you think they are going? (They also buffed Weaver)
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Aug 14, 2013, 4:17:46 AM
Well done GGG! Keep it going!
"
Alternalo wrote:
Will this optimization result in noticeable graphics quality loss?

Yes, it will look like Pong or PacMan after that patch! *facepalm*
"Yes, it is perfectly fair. It just sucks ass."
posted by Thaelyn on 12. August 2013 17:33
Probably the most promising patch announcement yet.
Casually casual.

Big thumbs up to GGG for optimization efforts!
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Probably the most promising patch announcement yet.

Yes, as the single biggest grief with PoE is the fact my FPS drop to 5 when there's a sporker on the party or LA ranger with LMP/Chain. Me and many of people I play with suffer such FPS drops no matter what kind of hardware they got. I do hope the performance issues will let me play in a 6man party smoothly.

As for now, it is just sad to play World of Warcraft or some shooter for couple of hours to see that many games can have decent FPS and be played smoothly on my laptop except for PoE which I run on lowest of low settings...
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
it looks promising
IGN TylordRampage
Yeah, main thing is - will the optimization affect graphics quality?
"
Alternalo wrote:
Will this optimization result in noticeable graphics quality loss?

No, it will not. You can achieve same level of graphics fidelity with smaller minmaps or better sayed almost the same level but differences are very very little. I just wanna to note that 20% smaller size doesnt mean 20% better performance. It can be smaller but also better but it is not 1:1 ratio anyway it is still good to see such a progress.

If you are developing game or software some of the first solutions you develop are far from the optimal so after some time when you get back to them you can optimize it. You need something working fast so thats one of the reasons why some parts are pretty slow and resource hungry.
IGN : Mettiu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info