Recent Diamond/Eternal Newsletters

Good thing to hear some of the big spenders are supporting too.

How about that content patches though ... act 4 - 10 ?
Make it no Kaoms and no Shavronnes league so that end-game builds are not 80% Shavronne. Also, don't prohibit Onyx amulets as the current Twitch TV streams of Anarchy/Onslaught are negative publicity with all the desynch happening. Hell, make everyone start out with a Chaluya.
IGN: LessBow
"
jaqqour wrote:
OMG that new eternal lab looks EPIC, great work GGG!!!

+100. Honestly. Awesome.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
I like many payers have no intention of getting trapped in new 4 month leagues. What it means is that I will have wasted 4 months playing and leveling chars that once again will be relegated to not being played, while suffering as all my friends would be off in another league. I have 3 chars in Default that I could be working on, and I now have two from Anarchy to add that group.

Bottom line is you need to fix the economy of Default, fix the broken Uniques instead of creating new leagues to avoid them, or let us move chars from default to League, just not with banned gear or items. Release a new default, call the old one Legacy and create new set of rules that allows us to play our chars we move over. At this rate I will never be able to fully enjoy the chars I create.

On a better note the new stuff looks amazing and the game just gets better and better.

TLDR: Pissed off about new leagues instead of addressing the real issues.
--- Neroon "Love is a form of Insanity"

IGN Standard: Caernavon, Cassius__Clay, Lictor_Severian
IGN Anarchy: I_Think_Were_Alone_Now, CrystalBluePersuasion, Citizen_Gkar
Last edited by Neroon58 on Aug 5, 2013, 5:59:05 PM
"
Neroon58 wrote:
I like many payers have no intention of getting trapped in new 4 month leagues. What it means is that I will have wasted 4 months playing and leveling chars that once again will be relegated to not playing while suffering as all my friends would be off in another league. I have 3 chars I could be working on while I now have two from Anarchy to add that group.

Bottom line is you need to fix the economy of Default, fix the broken uniques instead of creating new leagues. Let us move chars from default to League, just not with banned gear or items. Release a new default, call the old on Legacy and create new set of rules that allows us to play our chars we move over. At this rate I will never be able to fully enjoy the chars I create.

On a better note the new stuff looks amazing and the game just gets better and better.

TLDR: Pissed off about new leagues instead of addressing the real issues.

I don't have a problem with the leagues at all. You can choose whichever ones you want, I have no idea what your problem is there. You haven't "wasted" your time as those characters just migrate in to their respective home league at the end. Having "geared" characters move from league to league is pointless.

The only thing I would say is the game cannot end the beta period and launch with the current desync issues. This game cannot just exit beta with some skills unusable, or what is the point? Cyclone & Whirling Blades just to name a couple. I run a cyclone build right now and I HAVE to have flicker as a standby just to get me out of desync. Not to mention smaller maps with doorways, like dungeons and catacombs can be virtually unplayable.

Acceptable to say "its beta" as you work on things during a beta, Unacceptable to say we are satisfied, good luck with that after 1.0 and the end of OB.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
So glad that desync will be fixed in the next patch.
IGN = Traph, M_R_R, or hatehate
"
I noticed this in #24, and found it rather surprising.

"
We were very pleased with how the season went, especially Descent, which was definitely worth its development time.

..really? The vast majority of comments/discussion I've seen/heard on Descent has been very negative. It clearly wasn't tested properly, and for most of the feedback points that Chris claimed it was designed on, it actually has the opposite of. The number of characters created per race has also massively plummeted.

Seems like just another huge disconnect between devs/players.

Id like to know where the "very pleased" with descent comes from too.

10,000 players in the first descent event, around 500-750 players in the more recent descent events. Success would have meant an increase in attendance, or at the worst a slight decline, not a 90%~ attrition rate over the first few events.

Presented as a mode with far less randomness than standard races, where a top racer could execute a single highly skilled run and potentially keep the #1 spot for the entire season, descent actually ended up being so random that setting a season record has proven to be all about grinding as many events as possible, as success is almost entirely dependent on finding rare drop-only gems or early damage/life gear since we could no longer use vendors to mitigate poor drops, as well as getting lucky with champion density in specific zones since we could no longer repeat areas to mitigate poor spawns.

Almost a full page of descent feedback threads in the race subforum, mostly critical or negative, with zero dev replies to date. The mode has also been left in its original, unbalanced/untested state for the entire season.

Huge disconnect between devs/players indeed. Or is there some major criteria for descent being considered successful that were missing here?
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Aug 5, 2013, 7:26:33 PM
Please GGG, consider Searing Bond Partnered Descent Races next season!!!
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
Last edited by Brigs on Aug 5, 2013, 7:34:39 PM
I didn't race this season as the rewards would've been useless(I play in the 4 month leagues) to me, being number one is not an incentive which is why most people stopped racing as well, I suspect.
Decent needs to be set up as a random fixed seed, random fixed drops depending on build. It should be designed so that it really is a test of play and decision making, not RNG.
--- Neroon "Love is a form of Insanity"

IGN Standard: Caernavon, Cassius__Clay, Lictor_Severian
IGN Anarchy: I_Think_Were_Alone_Now, CrystalBluePersuasion, Citizen_Gkar
Last edited by Neroon58 on Aug 6, 2013, 10:33:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info