[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
julus wrote:

Get lines... Can you post screenshot?
Also switching audio output is odd. I think this is something with her mac, not the wrapper. But the screenshot from 4.2.1 may tell more

For reference, she is not using vsync, postprocessing, shadows, shake and she is in texture quality 4.

4.2.0/4.2.1 :
i will ask her for some screenshots when she arrives, the best i can explain them is gray horizontal lines/bars that move downwards in a "loop"

Experimental version v5a1:
The audio output switching is only with the experimental version, the others dont change it, there isnt a way of forcing it not to change?, because she gets 60+fps with this, but then she cant alt+tab to change her auido settings because the game crashes if she tries this.
"
mortel wrote:
"
julus wrote:

Get lines... Can you post screenshot?
Also switching audio output is odd. I think this is something with her mac, not the wrapper. But the screenshot from 4.2.1 may tell more

For reference, she is not using vsync, postprocessing, shadows, shake and she is in texture quality 4.

4.2.0/4.2.1 :
i will ask her for some screenshots when she arrives, the best i can explain them is gray horizontal lines/bars that move downwards in a "loop"

Experimental version v5a1:
The audio output switching is only with the experimental version, the others dont change it, there isnt a way of forcing it not to change?, because she gets 60+fps with this, but then she cant alt+tab to change her auido settings because the game crashes if she tries this.

Well, the wine code does not contains anything that could change output of the OS audio. Actually there is no mention anywhere (quick googling). Moreover, the audio code of the alpha version is same as in 4.2.1 (might be little bit older).

As for the gray lines, this is also I didn't find mention, but as the new D3D code is experimental, this actually might be bug... If you have time, try to disable new code in alpha wrapper. (right click>show contents>launch wineskin>advanced>launch regedit>navigate to HK_Current User (or Local_machine do not remember exactly the first path)/Software/Wine/Direct3D> double click CMST option>rewrite it to disabled).

Like other recent posters, after 1.2.2 , game's FPS went way down when there was casting, combat, monsters -- any action on screen. I was using 4.1.1 .

I've downloaded version 5 alpha and the FPS is back to normal -- hovers around 59 - 64. Much better. Mind you, all the text blinks, including the passive tree, but if I have to choose, I choose smooth graphics.

All of this is a long winded way of saying: thank you, Julus, for providing this in the first place and for keeping updating new versions. You rock!!
When I view the in-game skill tree in 4.2.1 my FPS drops to a flat 4fps. Anyone experiencing this? I am using a 2010 iMac 27" It never happen in the older version (forgot which one). I see game play fps improves but sometimes my skill activation like Molten Shell will drop fps and cause a down spike.
"
ariesdante wrote:
When I view the in-game skill tree in 4.2.1 my FPS drops to a flat 4fps. Anyone experiencing this? I am using a 2010 iMac 27" It never happen in the older version (forgot which one). I see game play fps improves but sometimes my skill activation like Molten Shell will drop fps and cause a down spike.

Well, some guys there were reporting issues with a new port running on older OSX. what version of OSX you are running on currently?
I am running Mavericks with everything updated. If I use default zoom in the in-game skill tree my fps is around 14. If I zoom out max my fps dropped to 3 or 4 fps. Close the skill tree my fps instantly jump back to 50-ish. Already tried post-processing, different texture qty, filter qty etc. Nothing makes a difference. My iMac is running the Radeon 6900 series video card (don't remember vid RAM). I got 16G of system RAM. Not sure what other info would help. It seems like if anything non-3D showing (like stash or menu etc) my fps will drop. Playing in game my fps doesn't drop too badly besides the once-in-a-while spike.
"
ariesdante wrote:
I am running Mavericks with everything updated. If I use default zoom in the in-game skill tree my fps is around 14. If I zoom out max my fps dropped to 3 or 4 fps. Close the skill tree my fps instantly jump back to 50-ish. Already tried post-processing, different texture qty, filter qty etc. Nothing makes a difference. My iMac is running the Radeon 6900 series video card (don't remember vid RAM). I got 16G of system RAM. Not sure what other info would help. It seems like if anything non-3D showing (like stash or menu etc) my fps will drop. Playing in game my fps doesn't drop too badly besides the once-in-a-while spike.

- the game has really bad font rendering (chat text and so), turning off chat should increase FPS (and I presume that is also reason why the text is flashing in alpha).
- you claim you have 2010 mac, that was made with Radeon 4650 5670 5750. The model 2011 was made with 6970. Anyway it should be able run the game in decent speeds. If the older version worked better for you, go for it..

anyway, GGG is screwing perfomance with later patches, nothing much I can do about it :/
"
Yup having the exact same problems now. I can't use frenzy or tornado shot or many other skills without getting a constant fps drop. As soon as I let my character idle for a couple seconds it goes back to normal. The game is basically unplayable for me right now.

Having had this same problem just recently, some hopeful news: using the latest v5alpha1, my performance is increased by 33% and I no longer have issues with frenzy/ice shot/power charges dropping my fps to 0. (This is on a late2013 mbp with geforce gt650m.)

Thanks julus for your continued improvement on this.

i can type my email or password. It loads perfectly fine and i can change all the settings but cant type in my Email or Password like i said! PLS HELP!!!!!!!!!
So I'm running PoE on an MBP, early 2011, 2.3 ghz, 8 GB ram, Mac OS 10.9.5. It has the intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6750M.

When I run it, it has really low FPS, especially when I encounter mobs or cast spells. I brought all the graphics down. But I noticed that it's using the built-in Intel graphics card, and not the AMD Radeon HD 6750M. Is that why the FPS is so low? If so, can I force it to use one graphics card and not the other?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info