[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Polphin wrote:
Is there anyway to turn down the graphics/textures so that the load times are fast? Even if I have to delete the textures do you think it will play better? Thanks.

You can modify "texture_quality=X" in production_config.ini . However I doubt it will speed up the loading times.
X Values:
1 - high
2 - medium
3 - low
4 - welcome to 90's
"
julus wrote:
"
Polphin wrote:
Is there anyway to turn down the graphics/textures so that the load times are fast? Even if I have to delete the textures do you think it will play better? Thanks.

You can modify "texture_quality=X" in production_config.ini . However I doubt it will speed up the loading times.
X Values:
1 - high
2 - medium
3 - low
4 - welcome to 90's

Oh man, I was trying to figure out my stutter problem tweaking this and I was using x=1, oops. Will have to go back and see if x=4 is better
Thank you for this contribution, Julus, I really appreciate this.

My MacBook Pro run this port fairly smoothly.
However, at first I was so frustrated at the lag spike and occasional freezes with all the visual effects flying around to the point where I stopped playing hardcore characters, lol.
Also, there are invisible mobs like the apes, vaal construct, Vaal, from act 2. Act 3 there are some mobs invisible in lunaris temple. I work around this by turning on shadow, and set it to low, you can't see the mob itself but you can still notice the shadow from it.
I tried to reduce the texture quality and it helped immensely, performance wise.
Lowered lag spike and reduces the time of the occasional freezes from visual effects by tweaking the production_config.

If anybody had similar experience as me I suggest you do the same, by lowering texture in production config.
Of course, you get better performance overall, at the cost of graphic quality.
(Sad, but it must be done in order to be playable)

My production_config.ini Log

adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
antialias_mode=0
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=false
fullscreen=true
post_processing=false
resolution_height=800
resolution_width=1280
screen_shake=false
shadow_type=hardware_3_samples
texture_filtering=1
texture_quality=6
vsync=false

For texture_quality=6 << Yes, I use 6.
I don't know if there is a significant difference between 4,5 and 6 in terms of texture. But I tried 4 and 5, 5 was playable, but after a bad long ass freeze opening lockboxes with rogue exile and skeleton summons, I deemed it wasn't good enough.
For the graphic adapter, I tried switching to Direct 3DHAL instead of using NVIDIA graphic card but there wasn't any noticeable difference between the two.
Mind you, still long loading time for instances, maybe a little bit faster but I barely noticed.

My MacBook Pro spec, bought it in 2012.
Processor: 2.3GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512MB
Software: 10.9.3 Mavericks

I hope this helps anyone who have similar problems as me.
With the recent patch, I found myself unable to play.
FPS which normally sits at about 40-60, drop down to about 1-15fps whenever I use a skill.
However, if I stop using a skill, about 5 seconds or so later, the fps increases to its normal rate.
Unplayable for me at the moment.
Wrapper Version:Julus v4.1.1B
i'm having the exact same problem :( any update on this?

i wish GGG would just release a fucking Mac client!
Yup having the exact same problems now. I can't use frenzy or tornado shot or many other skills without getting a constant fps drop. As soon as I let my character idle for a couple seconds it goes back to normal. The game is basically unplayable for me right now.
Last edited by Obidoobie on Sep 12, 2014, 3:06:11 AM
hello everyone. Back from a week away from POE and our mac port is dead. Unplayable...

Please keep us updated on some type of fix.
H! I am experiencing significant lag spike and display glitch since 1.2.2 (even with the lowest setting). Is there any possible solution to this? (currently playing on a 2013 Macbook Pro)
Mines laggy on 1.22 as well, unplayable. I have the same setup 2012 Mbp as the gentleman a few posts above.
Please try 4.2.1 it had better results for me regarding lags

For those who does not mind blinking fonts, they can try v5 alpha 1:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info