[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

Just installed 4.2.1 and it works so much better then 4.0.3!!!! Thank you so much !!!!
4.2.1 is much better; still some fps loss but playable.
Thank you.
If you can stomach constant flinkering text, then use the Alpha version.
I tried it and I get constant 100fps in town, and 40-60fps while leveling, very crisp and smooth! Probaby the best, by far.

Tried 4.2.1 version, 60fps in town and 10fps while leveling, it's okay but still laggy.

OK, downloading... fingers crossed.

And thanks Julus for doing all this support!
Tried v4.2.1. and it's not working for me. I can launch the game, no problem, but then it's painfully laggy, from the characters menu already.
Gonna try the v5 Alpha (the v4.0.3. was working better).

Is it because the I do have an AMD Radeon HD 6630M GC?

It was working till Patch 1.2.2 (Mac Mini 2011, 8 Giga of Ram, Intel i5, OS 10.7 and the above mentioned GC)

And yes, would be nice GGG release an official Launcher for Mac OS
Last edited by violent_pacifist on Sep 14, 2014, 10:50:24 AM
For some reason the wrappers behave differently on different macs (so 4.2.1 can be better for most people, but for some the 4.0.3 can be better. Actually, the only difference between them are mostly just the wine version - 4.2.1 is running on latest wine release (1.7.26).

The alpha uses heavily modified Wine version 1.7.24 which separates D3D processing to the separate thread. This allows to give the game huge performance boost, but it is still buggy (as you have already noticed). Also the performance boost seen in alpha is pointing there is something wrong with the game. It should not be that big. Most of the the games were reporting 10-50% FPS increase. Here it is over 200%. I think more and more that the POE game code is really big mess.

Yes, alpha worked for me....

It was a huge performance boost too, from the last time it worked to the new patch you've guided me to, GGG really should do something about the mac fix not sure how many mac users there are, but if on average like me people are whacking out 70 odd dollars I don't see why we get the bum deal, but hey ho, we must be a small percentage! It is still slow on loading screens, and the other slight pain is that flashing epileptic fit inducing flashing text, but the mac port here is great otherwise!
I updated my mac with OS 10.9 (Mavericks) and now the v4.2.1 works quite ok.
The Alpha v5 also (with real improvement on the FPS) but the clipping text is not standable for me.
So I guess the v4.2.1 doesn't really work with PS 10.7

I don't think there are many Mac users playing PoE, but the same, since I could play I maybe spent 50 to 60 bucks in it.
Curious to know how many Linux users are playing as well.
For reference, im not the one using the port, my friend is, and she has OSX 10.8.5,
4.2.1 she gets lines across her screen
4.0.3 : she has really bad fps, 0-15
experimental version: keeps switching her audio settings to use her speakers instead of her headset.

anyone knows any fix for any of this issues so she can play more smoothly (even if is low fps 15-25) but atleast more than 4.0.3.

Thanks in advance
"
mortel wrote:
For reference, im not the one using the port, my friend is, and she has OSX 10.8.5,
4.2.1 she gets lines across her screen
4.0.3 : she has really bad fps, 0-15
experimental version: keeps switching her audio settings to use her speakers instead of her headset.

anyone knows any fix for any of this issues so she can play more smoothly (even if is low fps 15-25) but atleast more than 4.0.3.

Thanks in advance

Get lines... Can you post screenshot?
Also switching audio output is odd. I think this is something with her mac, not the wrapper. But the screenshot from 4.2.1 may tell more

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info