[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Bjarmfark wrote:
^Julus, what specs does your mac have?

regards

Macbook pro early 2011 15'' , 16GB ram, 1GB HD6750M, CoreI7@2.2GHz sandy bridge, OSX Mawericks

^Ok thanks! I believe that the code still is very inefficient like you said. When are you going to release the new version?
Hi guys,

Downloaded this client today (4.0.3), but running in some problems. Can anyone help me to start playing?
I changed the following things in production_config.ini
Spoiler

fullscreen=true
resolution_height=800
resolution_width=1280

This gives me following errors (Error boxes on a white screen)
Spoiler
C:/Program Files/Grinding Gear/Path of Exile/memory(22,16):
error X3004: undeclared identifier 'DepthTextureSa'

error X1502: Unexpected End of file

Failed to load Shaders/DownScaledParticles.fx

The D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released

Failed creating Direct3D device objects

DXUTCreateDevice failed

Shaders/Renderer/Water.ffx: Unexpected end of file reading DECLARATIONS block

Runtime Error!
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

About my MacBook:

Spoiler
MacBook Pro - Late 2011 - 13 Inch (1280 x 800)
2.4Ghz Intel Core i5
4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD-video 3000 384 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

EDIT: Download v4.1.2, this works (with very long loading times though)
EDIT2: Getting "Missing package" errors
Last edited by MusicalWatermelon on Jun 5, 2014, 3:38:45 AM
Please refer to the post I made on May 3, 2014 8:46 PM, on page 222, as I have not yet had anyone help me with my problem and it seems like no one else has this problem.
"
EternalCrown wrote:
Please refer to the post I made on May 3, 2014 8:46 PM, on page 222, as I have not yet had anyone help me with my problem and it seems like no one else has this problem.

the error according your backtrace occurs directly in game... it's hard to find out what went wrong. (well I can see it : 0x49011bcc: movl $0x0,0x4(%ecx) which basically wants to write 0 into address 00000004 (illegal write), but why it occurs? I do not have a clue. And dissasembly of game is against EULA anyway. May be that ECX didn't get populated somehow to some meaningfull value before that write. But I can do blind shot, you can try edit production_config.ini and set some normal resolution :) .
"
Hi guys,

Downloaded this client today (4.0.3), but running in some problems. Can anyone help me to start playing?
I changed the following things in production_config.ini
Spoiler

fullscreen=true
resolution_height=800
resolution_width=1280

This gives me following errors (Error boxes on a white screen)
Spoiler
error X3004: undeclared identifier 'DepthTextureSa'

error X1502: Unexpected End of file

Failed to load Shaders/DownScaledParticles.fx

The D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released

Failed creating Direct3D device objects

DXUTCreateDevice failed

Shaders/Renderer/Water.ffx: Unexpected end of file reading DECLARATIONS block

Runtime Error!
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

About my MacBook:

Spoiler
MacBook Pro - Late 2011 - 13 Inch (1280 x 800)
2.4Ghz Intel Core i5
4GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Intel HD-video 3000 384 MB
OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

EDIT: Download v4.1.2, this works (with very long loading times though)
EDIT2: Getting "Missing package" errors

Long loading times are pretty common though. thats osx issue... not much I can do about it, but I am still resarching it...

Missing package error? never seen that... when it occurs? can you supply screenshot and logs from it?
i downloaded the game. the download went fine. but when i launched it, it says "Failed resetting Direct3D device objects." anyone have a solution to this problem? please?
So I've put a new version together, feel free to test it.
Note: It will not probably run on 10.6 and 10.7.

Path of Exile v4.2

Basically it is bases on wine1.7.19 with some patches that are supposed to speed up the game..

Let me know if you notice any difference
Tried to install the game from port 4.0.3, it crashed at 31.09% in the download process.

Now retrying from V 4.2.

I'll repost if there's any problem, or to talk about game performances.

Set up :

Mid-2011 iMac (21.5')
12 GB DDR3
i5 2.7 GHz
OS 10.8.5
AMD RADEON 6770M 512

Currently playing the game from a Win 8 Virtual Machine but I hope this port will help to increase game fluidity a bit (tried an old port 2 years ago and FPS actually turned to SPF...)

EDIT : Loading time a bit longer, but the game is more fluid than when I run it with my win 8 64 bits VM.

EDIT II : Like the last time I played with a MAC port, the game runs well for the first few hours, then it starts to crash for different reasons. The main cause of crashes seems to be a lack of memory allocated to the game (Map Chunk error). I have 12 GB in that computer, but it looks like the wrapper limits the amount the game can get. Overall, better game experience... Unless it crashes when you attempt to enter in that lvl 77 map.

Still on V4.2 it someone can help with that problem.
Last edited by HairyChin on Jun 12, 2014, 4:17:43 PM
How do i open the production_Config.ini file? Yes I have read the FAQ and I've found the file, but I don't know what to do with it to change it from fullscreen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info