[OSX] Unofficial Path of Exile port - 30/12/2018 status update

"
Sorry for giving that little information, i didn't know what to do... There is no crush i think, is just that when i'm loading a new
map, the game takes me to the login screen.
Logs: LastRunWine.log/LastRunX11.log/Winetricks.log/WinetricksTemp.log

Mac specs:
Model name: MacBook Pro
Model identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Computer processing unit: Intel Core 2 Duo
Computer processing unit speed: 2,66 GHz
Number of computer processing units: 1
Total number of cores: 2
Level 2 cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus velocity: 1,07 GHz
Versión de la ROM de arranque: MBP71.0039.B0B
Versión SMC (system): 1.62f7
Serial number (system): W80188EQATN
UUID de hardware: 7044067E-27E0-5B32-9148-A84047AE6F16
Sudden Motion Sensor:

Port version: v.4.0.3

I don't know if is that what you were asking for, if not, tell me and i would try to do it. The mac specs are more or less translated from the spanish, but i don't know the exact translation for them... Thank you very much for helping :)

The game takes you to login screen... Hmm, this only happens if the loading is taking a very long time to finish, try to use port 4.2.
Hi Julus!

Thanks so much for creating this port. I must admit it was a mission to get the game working properly

At first i tried v4.0.3 and no success, it kept throwing out of video memory every 10-15 minutes.

I then tried an older version (which on this forum stated that v3.8 was stable) with no success.

I dug a little bit deeper through the latest replies on this post and discovered v4.2. This was going to be my last attempt to play this game on my mac. With a little patience i downloaded v4.2 and transferred the data file across and all i can say is WOW WELL DONE!!!

The game runs smoothly, never get any errors and i have been playing around 2 hours now with no issues. Loading time takes about 2 mins to launch the game but between levels it's quick. It jitters once or twice in a new area but that stops and the game runs like a dream.

You are on the right path and i would like to thank you for the hard work that you have put into this.

Here are my machine specs
Spoiler

Macbook air 2014 13"
i5 processor
4GB RAM
SSD 128GB drive
OSX Maverick

I can't thank you enough
"
julus wrote:
"
Sorry for giving that little information, i didn't know what to do... There is no crush i think, is just that when i'm loading a new
map, the game takes me to the login screen.
Logs: LastRunWine.log/LastRunX11.log/Winetricks.log/WinetricksTemp.log

Mac specs:
Model name: MacBook Pro
Model identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Computer processing unit: Intel Core 2 Duo
Computer processing unit speed: 2,66 GHz
Number of computer processing units: 1
Total number of cores: 2
Level 2 cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus velocity: 1,07 GHz
Versión de la ROM de arranque: MBP71.0039.B0B
Versión SMC (system): 1.62f7
Serial number (system): W80188EQATN
UUID de hardware: 7044067E-27E0-5B32-9148-A84047AE6F16
Sudden Motion Sensor:

Port version: v.4.0.3

I don't know if is that what you were asking for, if not, tell me and i would try to do it. The mac specs are more or less translated from the spanish, but i don't know the exact translation for them... Thank you very much for helping :)

The game takes you to login screen... Hmm, this only happens if the loading is taking a very long time to finish, try to use port 4.2.

The problem is that i have the 10.6.8 version, so v.4.2 is not compatible with my mac...
"
The problem is that i have the 10.6.8 version, so v.4.2 is not compatible with my mac...

then you can try 4.1.2 :)
I am running your latest stable (non-test) version and it works nicely. I have a question: the game takes a long time to load (stuck on "loading game" screen) before I get to log in. Is there any way to work around this?
"
mrbaelor wrote:
I am running your latest stable (non-test) version and it works nicely. I have a question: the game takes a long time to load (stuck on "loading game" screen) before I get to log in. Is there any way to work around this?

well, no. For the 4.2 version there was reported faster loadings, but FPS degradation (but well, the report was from one man ;) . You can test it, maybe you will have better luck with it.
http://imgur.com/lVZTmT7
how can i fix this? iv tried to load the game multiple times but this happens every time
"
Grayfox42 wrote:
http://imgur.com/lVZTmT7
how can i fix this? iv tried to load the game multiple times but this happens every time

What port version are you using? (also give me you mac specs)
I installed 4.2 (the latest version)

I could run and login with my character. But the fonts were garbled, the biggest issue is that the game only ran at 20fps on my 2011 iMac, whereas in bootcamp it runs 60+fps most of time.
"
louis731 wrote:
I installed 4.2 (the latest version)

I could run and login with my character. But the fonts were garbled, the biggest issue is that the game only ran at 20fps on my 2011 iMac, whereas in bootcamp it runs 60+fps most of time.

There seems to be a fps problem with 4.2 try the older release (4.0.3 or 4.1.1b), however, please note this port will probably never run as good as it does on windows/bootcamp

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info