0.11.3 patch notes and deployment timeline

performance improvements OH YEA

Was playing with 4-16 FPS!!! in a 6 people party on my Phenom II x6 3300Mhz 8GB DDR3 GeForce GTX 460 1GB DDR5,
with minimum settings and latest drivers on Win7 sp1 ultimate.
InGame Name: Manardson
Server down? Cant play :S
"
Chris wrote:
The 0.11.4 patch contains new versions of some art assets that are smaller. That's why it has to redownload this much. This will help with load times, memory usage, 32 bit crashes related to memory usage and possibly other related problems. There may be other performance improvements in that patch (and certainly in later patches) depending on what's ready when [...]

This could be the best change from the next patch! The game crashes quite often, even with the path extension, and I usually just stop playing when it happens. The huge load times aren't helping either.
now i can play, why? the grafic was upgrade? i was playing in low quality but nos i cant play fps 4
"
Chris wrote:
My favourite part of it is the performance improvements. We've cut over 10% off the size of the game.

Hallelujah!!!!!!!!

...finally.
"
Chris wrote:
The 0.11.4 patch contains new versions of some art assets that are smaller. That's why it has to redownload this much. This will help with load times, memory usage, 32 bit crashes related to memory usage and possibly other related problems. There may be other performance improvements in that patch (and certainly in later patches) depending on what's ready when.

The new chat system in 0.11.3 does not log to your client if you're not in a channel. You only receive messages if you're in chat. This has the advantage of not filling up your client log (and saving bandwidth), while unfortunately meaning that you can't join chat to see messages that you weren't around to witness.

chris, any news on preload yet (like when effects and things are loaded before they actually are seen for the first time which cause spikes)? I remember that it was mentioned not too long ago.
Awesome job as always GGG! It would be hard to find a more dedicated team of devs.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
performance improvements

cant come faster
noooo don't defile the plate vest :s

Spoiler
GORLAK SMASH WORDS!!
--------------------
The Greatest Plate Vest Of All Time! http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/293910
So store. so item. http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/136100
"
leighferon wrote:
ok yeah i login to incinerate toon and dps didnt increase... lvl 16 incinerate mana cost was down by 2 but the problem with incinerate has always been the initial damage. wheres the buff? later stages is not helpin anyone that plays incinerate.

The dps on the character sheet assumes it's stage 1, I believe. The skill is designed so that later stages of damage are the ones you want to hit monsters with.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 1, 2013, 1:32:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info