0.11.3 patch notes and deployment timeline

I'm amazed by the transparency, especially regarding the technical parts. It's always good to know why things happen this way and not another. So far, I haven't experienced such transparency. That's a pretty good point to me ^^

Good luck for the patch!
"
Elleumas wrote:
I'm amazed by the transparency, especially regarding the technical parts. It's always good to know why things happen this way and not another. So far, I haven't experienced such transparency. That's a pretty good point to me ^^

Good luck for the patch!

GGG - Where making money comes second! ^_^

p.s. that should be a company slogan imo Chris! ^_^
Exiled for Eternity
The 0.11.4 patch contains new versions of some art assets that are smaller. That's why it has to redownload this much. This will help with load times, memory usage, 32 bit crashes related to memory usage and possibly other related problems. There may be other performance improvements in that patch (and certainly in later patches) depending on what's ready when.

The new chat system in 0.11.3 does not log to your client if you're not in a channel. You only receive messages if you're in chat. This has the advantage of not filling up your client log (and saving bandwidth), while unfortunately meaning that you can't join chat to see messages that you weren't around to witness.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jul 31, 2013, 8:26:40 AM
"
TroySpiral wrote:
Start adding a reason to keep playing past 85, that is, actually playing, not farming so you can run 2 maps and then farm again to pay for 2 more rolls, or your going to lose people.

A lot less people than you seem to realize are in love with remaking new characters and going through the same content over and over.

I am sure they can see the actual numbers in their data.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Nobake wrote:
Gig+ patch
Reduce client size by 10%

Not that I doubt you, I know more or less how it works. But this still sounds very strange.

Will this cause those issues with fragmentation

(the stuff that happens when lots of patches are applied over time and files are added/deleted.)

The stuff that makes loading longer etc etc
"
Chris wrote:
This will help with 32 bit crashes related to memory usage

<3
IGN: Im_In_Command
Thanks, GGG! Best RPG I've ever played, and this is coming from a long-time Diablo 2 fan.

Last night I was able to hit 80 on my first character on my first level 77 map. I must say it was the most epic grind I've ever endured in any game. I am proud I was able to do it before the experience penalty nerf.

Keep feeding me those new uniques! :D
"
Chris wrote:
My favourite part of it is the performance improvements

Me too.

"
Chris wrote:
you can't join chat to see messages that you weren't around to witness.

:(
Last edited by BigRussianDude on Jul 31, 2013, 9:04:35 AM
"
TroySpiral wrote:
Start adding a reason to keep playing past 85, that is, actually playing, not farming so you can run 2 maps and then farm again to pay for 2 more rolls, or your going to lose people.

A lot less people than you seem to realize are in love with remaking new characters and going through the same content over and over.

even as i feel the game is very good till 85 , and i already have a pleteora of 80+ characters , i think the same.
Having something to farm other than maps and lunaris would be the best note in the patch ever.
Anyway , thanks for the very good game.
Also desync ... desync ffs.
(regarding this i have to say in these days of holydays it seems a lot better , maybe new servers or better balance can fix it in the end ?)
Love you.
Last edited by fraz81 on Jul 31, 2013, 9:06:50 AM
"
Chris wrote:
You only receive messages if you're in chat. unfortunately meaning that you can't join chat to see messages that you weren't around to witness.

But you can simply join a chat channel before you went afk? You just have to think about it, at the right time... ^^

I assume, we still get the "system" messages (as in race events), even if the player is not logged into a chat channel?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info