"
sidtherat wrote:
Any plans whatsoever to sort out current situation with:

Shavrones Wrappings
Auxium
Soul Taker
Kaoms Heart
Thunderfists

you know, these ridiculous unique that are so powerful and rare that they force people into RMT? or force the 'less evil' players into noob-scamming (that is THE way to get rich in this game)

The longer this situation continue the more hostages GGG becomes to few stupid items that somehow slipped by sanity check.

Small tidbits there and there wont change the fact that while most items trade for wisdom scrolls there are 5-6 that trade for 20ex+. Even my cat sees that these are serious danger to integrity and longevity of this game.

They are more powerful and rare for reason. And they aren't even hard to get. You just need to make the time farming for them worth it. Make a magic find char, sporker propably and farm Lunaris LVL2-3 over and over again. I did this for 2 weeks and then I bought my Shavronne's, and it felt so good to see the time I had spent farming didn't go to waste. I also got found Soul Taker from 70LVL map right after obtaining Shavronne, you just need to invest some time to get those, which is good for me. Getting best gear in 1 day is just fail.
"
Nangingg wrote:
Incinerate could use some transparency.

http://www.twitch.tv/gankstaboo/c/2630234

Also I think it lags some people

Can assure that!!

Tried to play a meelee char in a Party with a GMP-Incinerate-Dualtotem player.
You don't see shit!
Can't aim or react properly and it lets frame rates drop to nearly zero if you don't have a very strong machine working.

We were thinking, that indoor maps with caster mobs were the problem first, but as soon as we got rid of the incinerator everything was smooth again!
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
Any idea how exactly is the drop rate from scroll rack buffed?

I have run 50+ catacombs last month and only get one out of it. so can I now expect it to be 3-5 after the patch?
"
I agree with you on the crafting part. I won't say the name of the games (I don't know if its forbidden) but there are F2P games where you can buy items (for real money, in PoE it would be Orbs of some kind) that raise the chance for stuff. For example you can upgrade an item to +1 [Sword of Awesome +1] up to +10, with every level its more unlikely that the upgrade works. But you can buy items that raise the chance. I would like to see orbs that do that, for example: You trade 10 orbs of fusing for an Improved Orb of Fusing - this one can only roll 3+ links and has a higher (still low) chance to roll 5/6 links. We could even push it further, 10 of the Improved ones for a Exalted Improved one, that guarantees at least 5l or something like that!

I can smell PAY2WIN here!
Last edited by Qraparta on Jul 31, 2013, 7:22:28 AM
"
sidtherat wrote:

Shavrones Wrappings
Auxium
Soul Taker
Kaoms Heart
Thunderfists

you know, these ridiculous unique that are so powerful and rare that they force people into RMT? or force the 'less evil' players into noob-scamming (that is THE way to get rich in this game)

The longer this situation continue the more hostages GGG becomes to few stupid items that somehow slipped by sanity check.

Small tidbits there and there wont change the fact that while most items trade for wisdom scrolls there are 5-6 that trade for 20ex+. Even my cat sees that these are serious danger to integrity and longevity of this game.

Why do you think Shavrones Wrappings is to strong? Imo its the skills Righteous Fire and Pain attunement that needs some work and not the armour.
IGN: eLdiLdoRadO
So far i loved all the changes, patches you made.
wait, life nerf was not a good idea if you ask me. I know monster dmg has been reduced also, but compared to even trash CI gear... life is dumpster. UNLESS you take like 80% of life nodes from pst ;_; it hitted HC mostly.
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
"
sidtherat wrote:

Shavrones Wrappings
Auxium
Soul Taker
Kaoms Heart
Thunderfists

So how did you get rich in this game? You found all your 20some exalts for gear?

Oh wait, trading in this game is... how this game works. WHO KNEW!? lol scrub
If we don't get our Phase Run in 11.4...I'm cancelling my pre-order.
If I'd ever got a chance to make a game, it would definitively not cater to the players that want the game to change instead of themselves improving in it.
"
shooster88 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Shavrones Wrappings
Auxium
Soul Taker
Kaoms Heart
Thunderfists

I assure you that none of these uniques are required to play the game successfully, nor is it required to use RMT to acquire them. Far from it.

Thats not the point. The way I understand GGG's Unique system is that no uniques should be "All Powerful" or Best in Slot. All uniques should be good for specific builds, but also have negative effects applied to them to balance them out. Kaoms and Shav in particular go directly against this "idea" as the positive effects they bring to the table DRASTICALLY out weigh the negative. Which is why they sell for 20+ exalt.
Most of the time I keep trade chat hidden because it clutters up the screan. Every 20 minutes I scroll back through quickly looking for interesting stuff.

Will this way of using the trade chat still be possible?
Brutus. Do you even sync?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info