0.11.3 Patch Notes

GGG please remade chat system, current is horrible !
The Chat System is really bad, especially the trade channels. Just bring back the old system....
how do I use the /tradewith command chat?
"
Pug_Milamber wrote:
The Chat System is really bad, especially the trade channels. Just bring back the old system....

I agree, which brings me to a list of Chat Window improvements:

1. Chat Tabs instead of a Drop-Down Box for Chat Options via Global, Trade, Party, etc.

The gratification and accessibility is much quicker, especially if you need to say or warn about something during battles.

The UI Image of this idea here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/450104

2. Dedicate the Exclamation Mark [ ! ] to fix the 'backspace' issue so players aren't taken out of the chat they are currently talking in.

My Thread talking about this idea here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/484008

3. Dedicate 'Twitch Chat' to the Tilde Symbol ( ~ ) instead so players who ^ UP people's comments aren't sent to Twitch Chat all the time.

4. Two small, scrollable Drop-Down Boxes for Global Channels & Trade Channels you can choose from instead of having to use yet another command everyone has to remember.

The UI Image of this idea here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/485244

5. As suggested by someone else, make the Chat Window an inch bigger vertically.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Aug 19, 2013, 11:48:38 PM
Don't like the new system chat :/

Now i can't activate/desactivate the trade channel without doing /trade 1 because everybody are in this one...

Really bad feature :/

Plz go back and just make a filter system for trade channel like this:

For example: if i enter "kaom", i will see only people posting this word or item containing this.
Last edited by KikitheKing on Aug 1, 2013, 1:12:07 PM
"
KikitheKing wrote:
Don't like the new system chat :/

Now i can't activate/desactivate the trade channel without doing /trade 1 because everybody are in this one...

Really bad feature :/

Plz go back and just make a filter system for trade channel like this:

For example: if i enter "kaom", i will see only people posting this word or item containing this.

I think a Trade Chat Filter system would be too hard to cram in the Chat Window UI.

I once suggested to GGG to separate Trade SELL Chat from Trade BUY Chat, but with the new Channel System, I don't think we'll that or a Trade Filter.

Knowing this, I offered up some new ideas you'll see on the 12th page of this Thread. The current system for the Channels is decent but just needs some refinement.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Aug 1, 2013, 4:21:45 PM
The chatsystem now is way worse than before for anyone who wants to actually play the game.
I am forced to stay in chat while playing to see if someone wants to boy or sell something I am interested in. Before, I could just connect and look up the last 10 minutes or so, now i cannot do that anymore, which is very unfortunate.

I would really like GGG to change that. Also: As I rejoined the chat, I was randomly transferred to different channels, which is also not very usefull.

I dont want to leave the chat open while playing, its a distraction. Now I almost have to.

Sidenote: How do I change chatchannels? Am I able to at all?

Sugestions:
Trade-chat for trading Orbs, Sell-chat and buy-chat. And please let us log the chat without having to actually see it all the time!
"
t_golgari wrote:
The chatsystem now is way worse than before for anyone who wants to actually play the game.
I am forced to stay in chat while playing to see if someone wants to boy or sell something I am interested in. Before, I could just connect and look up the last 10 minutes or so, now i cannot do that anymore, which is very unfortunate.

I would really like GGG to change that. Also: As I rejoined the chat, I was randomly transferred to different channels, which is also not very usefull.

I dont want to leave the chat open while playing, its a distraction. Now I almost have to.

Sidenote: How do I change chatchannels? Am I able to at all?

This is potentially why I suggested to GGG to add in a Drop-Down Box for the channels instead of having players use yet another command they have to remember. I knew the current system was going to be problematic for many, and will be problematic to many more when more new players come around to play PoE.

Between the CNTRL + Click commands, the current Chat Channel System requiring a command people are not so familiar with (especially months after the update,) ETC. there is just too much background knowledge. Most of this CNTRL + Click stuff, etc. can be made less confusing by having players use buttons instead.

Anyway, you change Chat Channels by typing /Global # or /Trade #

I also agree that if you chose to be in a specific channel, and you HIDE the chat(s), when you UNHIDE the chat(s), you will still be in the same channel you were before.

"
t_golgari wrote:
Sugestions:
Trade-chat for trading Orbs, Sell-chat and buy-chat. And please let us log the chat without having to actually see it all the time!

Absolutely not. I don't agree with this whatsoever, only because cramming such a feature in the small Chat Window UI would be too hard to do so as to cause clutter, UNLESS at the very top the UI guys at GGG were to vertically expand the size of the area where you see the buttons.

That being said, I don't see that happening. It's a turn-off seeing ten-thousand buttons in the Chat Window.

The idea when creating a UI for a Chat Window is to make it simple, sleek, user-friendly, easily accessible, clean, etcetera and etcetera. The current Chat Window UI doesn't achieve this.

It's not a matter of GGG's UI team not being able to make the improvements to the Chat Window. It is very possible. We put a man on the moon as the old adage goes. The devs have to want to improve it.

P.S. See page 12's image of what I made up and see what you think of that. I think it's a better step forward.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Aug 1, 2013, 5:55:06 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 0.11.3
We have revamped the global chat system. You stay in the same channel throughout your session, even if you move between areas. Trade chat has been separated from global. You're told what chat channel you're in (they have numbers) and you can join a specific one if you want to (for example, /global 8 or /trade 3). You can be in up to one Global and one Trade channel at once. Channels are still separated by leagues. You can join a specific high channel number if you want a quiet place to talk to your friends.

Why there isn't an easy way to move between numeric chat channels?
Fixing the chat has been long, long overdue. Nonetheless I'm thankful that it's done.

One thing that personally bothers me with the new system though is that you have to now leave a room to hide the messages (at least as far as I could tell). This has 2 problems:
1- when you rejoin, you'll often end up in a different channel, meaning you have to spend extra effort to go back to the one you were originally in
2- you won't receive any of the chat messages while that chat was disabled

Oftentimes I'll want to just hide a chat for a while in order to read a private message or team message or local chat or something, but now it's somewhat problematic to do.

"

Why there isn't an easy way to move between numeric chat channels?
That is easy— unless you have no fingers. What's with this society wanting everything point-and-click? Point and click is frequently slower than keyboard actions for many things and is not as accessibility-friendly either.

If you want you can just set up an AutoHotkey script if you want like CTRL+SHIFT+# to enter global # and ALT+SHIFT+# to change trade #.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info