[Erased]

Updated / re-worked in a new thread.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Oct 1, 2016, 11:52:26 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I like the tag idea before player name.

But the real problem is, that chat is not truly global. Plenty of threads and suggestions for that already.
"
Novalight wrote:
I like the tag idea before player name.

But the real problem is, that chat is not truly global. Plenty of threads and suggestions for that already.

The Chat does not have to be truly Global. So long as you can see a player's name somewhere in Chat so you can trade with them is all that matters.

Let's say I'm on another server with new players in the Chat, the gold Difficulty & Act Tags would show up to everyone in that server. Whatever other player(s) you met with in previous servers doesn't matter at that point, unless you decided to Friend them so you can meet up with and keep track of them no matter what.

"
Novalight wrote:

In the above quoted and underlined, emphasize on what that really is. Technically, that in most cases would refer to the thing you just said, which makes no sense because my Thread is not proposing to GGG to make the Chat truly Global.

The Chat not being truly Global and to make it more Global is a whole other thing by itself, and in a nutshell, I don't recommend it.

If I understand correctly, Global Chat in PoE extends far as whatever players are on your server when you do a Log-In, regardless what Act or Difficulty you're in. Or, Global Chat extends far as whatever instance within a server every time you switch acts and difficulties.

The reason GGG won't make a truly Global Chat is because if every player was chatting in the same Chat Window, there would be way too much spam. Player separation mitigates that problem.

P.S. Thoughts on the other features would be interesting to see.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 4, 2013, 9:46:42 AM
bump
(me)
bump
(me)
Great ideas! I hope this gets a lot of support.
Thats a great Idea
Like the idea you got here, hope to see this implicated into the game :D I definitely like the difficulty and act tags
I'll never trade.. and if I do it'll be via some 3rd party site. So I don't really care what they do to trade chat and I'd prefer they spend their time actually fixing core problems.
I don't trade. I don't group. My comments reflect that.
+1
Twitch.tv/Nithryok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info