Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

I still will vote for 5-7% on Merciless, but 8% high, but better then was before.

Sp goal as lower penalty to less leave game bcs of high penalty, so you change to biger?
Logic... Ppl rly leave this game after big penalty so we will little bit lower? Wow... nice nice, Fake HC make you change for biger penalty then before. Ok.

Thats rly will make less ppl leave game, ye. And ur goal make more sense.
Know what? 14% penalty and no will leave, 100%
dont mind it the way it is because for things like archary and onlsaught the fact that its rly hard to hit top lvl makes that drive to lvl stick around. once a large dose of players are max lv thers no more feeling elite by hitting max lvl it just more or less becomes the feeling of done.

i dont think the problem is in the number % but in the method exp is delt out even somthing like after death u gain 50% exp gain for 2mins would make playing after a death feel less like a developing waste a time.

on the other hand what if 15% is fine and just right to be just crazy hard enough to make it a awsome thing to achieve, but only for some builds and 8% is perfect for a large amount of others. would 8% be a bad thing?
got to be good looking because im so hard too see.
Last edited by koez on Jul 26, 2013, 6:37:59 PM
"
Fantoster wrote:
I still will vote for 5-7% on Merciless, but 8% high, but better then was before.

Sp goal as lower penalty to less leave game bcs of high penalty, so you change to biger?
Logic... Ppl rly leave this game after big penalty so we will little bit lower? Wow... nice nice, Fake HC make you change for biger penalty then before. Ok.

Thats rly will make less ppl leave game, ye. And ur goal make more sense.
Know what? 14% penalty and no will leave, 100%

people leave because there is a death penalty. doesn't matter what it is. lowering won't change the people leaving; it just reduces the amount of exp bad players who would play anyways lose
This is exactly in the correct direction you should go.

I played D2 for years, Vanilla Wow, and now POE for, well since closed beta and at the higher levels, you get two DS's in a row and it hurts. So, I feel that I'm a pretty good player and usually don't die to mobs. But I have had 2-3 DS's in a row that completely turned me off over the DP.

The DS's and DP is the reason I haven't played in two weeks.

I want to level up too, and playing melee is way more risky than the witch in the back running away every time there's a DS and the melee die.

I think this is definitely the right thing to do.

It's all fun and games until someone pokes your eye out!
Rather than an experience loss when a character dies, what about a multiplier that is gained as a character continues to survive? This would reward player who had stayed alive longer. This wouldn't be as severe as an option like eliminating your last or your next 15% of a level, but it would allow you to progress always at least at the base experience level, while "punishing" you after a death by costing you the lost experience only as the difference of what could have been earned without the death.

For example (numbers particularly would be modified), each character could start with a multiplier of 0% and gain
.01 percentage points per monster killed
.02 percentage points per magic monster killed
.05 percentage points per rare monster killed
.10 percentage points per unique monster killed
up to a maximum of 10% increased experience.

This would inflate (by starting the multiplier at 0 and allowing it to be never negative) the total experience gained by monsters, so the monsters could each be scaled down to allow the same system for hardcore (where hardcore players would always be at the maximum).

I recognize that I'm not yet a very experienced player and haven't read all 75 pages of this thread, but a system like this might allow for the elimination of a death "penalty" by resetting a reward counter back to zero. Mathematically this system would be identical to penalizing players a percentage of their experience after a death, with only the semantic difference by calling it a reward. This system could also have desired or undesired consequences affecting which monsters players chose to attack, as they might be more interested in killing particular monsters for the experience percentage increase after a death (killing white monsters for example, rather than exclusively farming rare or magic monsters).
Should have jut left it. When i played standard the death penalty wasn't a concern for a lot of players now it really is meaningless. As it stands the only people who cared about dieing where 80+ players since it didn't take that long too get back that 15% now it just made it sweet for them when they do die because they haven't lost as much.

And you have just separated the Standard and HC playerbase evermore i play HC/ONS and i disregard the term scrubcore, but w/ this change it really will be scrubcore.
I don't have strong opinions on this one, although granted it makes merciless exp grinding less annoying if you happen to encounter a deadly bunch of speedy rares that manage to swarm/multicrit you. I do like it that with the nerf some more interesting/not optimised builds become a bit more viable. I've been wanting to try a real glass cannon but always thought merciless would just halt the progress with crit deaths, but now I might just make one and see how it goes.
Split 'n' fork(lift)
i think the exp loss from death should go as this.

you lose a set % (lets say 15) from your Current exp.

EX: you have 100,000 exp, you die you lose 15,000 exp.

In this case, the further you are into a level, the more exp you will lose, but it will never exceed 15%, or whatever number is chosen.

I think the current way is very flawed. Why is the exp loss based off of 100% of the exp to level. If you dont have 15% of the level yet, and you die, why the hell would you go to zero. That makes zero sense to me.
Yet another one of the key things that separated PoE from the herd, slowly going away. Come back in a year and we will have Tauren, Flying Mounts and no death penalty at all.
"
At this stage we're expecting to deploy 0.11.3 next week. Another change it includes is that six socket items are now included in the set of allocated items (like four-link items were).

I dont know if this is a mistake or not, but I think items like white glorious plates or other white crafting items should be taken off the list. Why? Not everybody picks them up, or spots them in the first place.

I often see them allocated without ever being touched. Might be a bit different with 6sockets as they are easier to spot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info