Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

[removed by Admin]
IGN: SlightRedeye
(GMT + 0:00)
Last edited by Henry_GGG on Aug 15, 2013, 12:28:52 AM
I like to play for fun. To me it is not fun to die and it is not fun to be overly worried about dying. A 15% penalty was way to harsh to my tastes. I took the only character I've ever played and retreated back to Cruel after experiencing such a harsh penalty. Even 10% is a bit harsh for my tastes. It is very frustrating to to die a few times and then feel like I wasted an hour of play time. If my character was a higher level then it would be an even larger penalty, if I understand correctly the way the end game progresses.

I like the penalty reduction and made my monetary "donation" because I believe that I might enjoy the game enough at the Merciless difficulty now. The Hardcore players have hardcore, let's make softcore fun for more casual players like me. Hopefully 10% doesn't get too frustrating to me.

P.S. Thank you for the fun that I have had so far!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
I like to play for fun. To me it is not fun to die and it is not fun to be overly worried about dying. A 15% penalty was way to harsh to my tastes. I took the only character I've ever played and retreated back to Cruel after experiencing such a harsh penalty. Even 10% is a bit harsh for my tastes. It is very frustrating to to die a few times and then feel like I wasted an hour of play time. If my character was a higher level then it would be an even larger penalty, if I understand correctly the way the end game progresses.

I like the penalty reduction and made my monetary "donation" because I believe that I might enjoy the game enough at the Merciless difficulty now. The Hardcore players have hardcore, let's make softcore fun for more casual players like me. Hopefully 10% doesn't get too frustrating to me.

P.S. Thank you for the fun that I have had so far!

It is getting too irritating. The exp issue makes the game unplayable for the past week because my cable internet connection has been slightly slower than usual and the combination of desynch and making zero progress over the past week. (By zero progress I mean the experience bar has bounced back and forth with a net close to zero progress.) The fun has stopped for me. Perhaps I'll revisit after a new release or I get a new internet service provider.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Was having fun, quit when I lost EXP on death.
I would come back if it was removed.
Yup, I quit a few weeks ago as well. No draw to return knowing once I hit the 70's my progress will be taken away with each death. As I mentioned in another thread, while the devs have gotten many things right, the death penalty is IMO one of the worst design flaws of this game, and they just don't seem to get it. It will cost them numerous players over the long run.
All that and a bag of chips!
The game is loads of fun on the lower levels. I started a new character because the experience penalty makes the game frustrating and NOT fun at merciless. I really don't understand way a penalty is required. For hardcore players that want hardcore challenges there are hardcore characters. Please make the game fun for a larger audience by eliminating the experience penalty.
To be honest, I'm another one of those players that was driven away by the death penalty.

I'll have another go and see what it's like now. I can understand the tough spot GGG is in on this one, since it'll basically be impossible to please everyone.
I stopped playing because of the death penalty as well. I just wanted to play for fun and not have to worry about losing hours and hours of progress, having to play super passive in fear of dying just wasn't fun.

Is 8% the current death penalty? (this post is a little old).
While we have yet to see the experience adjustments based on the new areas (e.g, perhaps at L85 instead of making just 4% of experience in Lunaris, the new "highest level" non-map area will provide 50%), it's unfortunate GGG has wholly ignored the community feedback from the non-hardcore players (who represent ~85% of the player base) who have clearly stated over the past few months the current non-hardcore penalty system is invasive, serves no real purpose, and just pisses people off (to the point of quitting).

I would be interested in hearing from GGG how the 1.0 release will address this problem.
All that and a bag of chips!
I hate it. I lost 2 hours because of my bad internet and desync. Please remove it!
Also have 1 suggestion. Why not make 1 more mod? Like, I dont know, Fun, Standard and Hard core?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info