Death Penalty Changes in 0.11.3

"
Megiddon wrote:
IMO the death penalty should go away till the desync is resolved. Its ridiculous that one has to play a max life/defense build so they can survive desync for the most part.

I know for a fact many people leave the game because of the 15% exp penalty, especially when it involves desync. 5% would be enough of a sting (though still too much at 90%+)

The 15% exp penalty is really a boon only because of how difficult it is to access high end content for the average gamer.

truth revealed...until ggg fixes desync noone should have to endure death penalty. its forced on us for one reason. u know why and the reasoning behind it.

the funny part is hc players whine about a possible reduction in death penalty when it has nothin to do with them.. the biggest joke ever.

there is no argument a HC player can truly win, involing death penalty that has no impact on their experience. its the same thing as adding 0+0.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Jul 28, 2013, 4:49:41 AM
3/8% penalties are fine, while there are present desyncs and lags from certain skills. I know that death should be punished, but only if you die because of your own faults, not because of lags and desyncs.

When lags and desyncs will be fixed, then, i think, death penalty should be returned to 5/15%
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Megiddon wrote:
"
TroySpiral wrote:
Yet another one of the key things that separated PoE from the herd, slowly going away. Come back in a year and we will have Tauren, Flying Mounts and no death penalty at all.

Not every gamer can put 18 hours everyday.

You don't need 18hrs a day, and saying "not every gamer has time" is the most pathetic argument there is, and that "argument" was used to ruin WoW and other gamers/parts of other games.

If you don't have time to get anywhere in a game, then the game isn't for you, end of story. The game shouldn't be made easier and simpler all because you want to faceroll through half the game in an hour because you "don't have time". If you don't have time to play PoE then go play something else. And this game isn't made for the "average" gamer either, the average gamer plays D3 and is incapable of thinking at all. They made this for a specific type of player, it's a niche game.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jul 28, 2013, 6:52:34 AM
Also the Death Penalty System here is like a little meh!(iMo)
how about this Suggestion i made there (cause of Alternative Death System)
Fight XP Back in Hell
Takahiro the Inferno Necromancer!
My Army of Death is Filled whit Tons of TNT:)!
Not sure why this matters and/or why they're investing time and development resources into this? Noobcore/softcore leagues are jokes. Take the penalty away completely and let people playing in those leagues do whatever they want. Give them unlimited currency, god mode cheats, and a big shiny dildo to play with if they want it....

The ONLY thing that matters are the hardcore leagues so why bother having any penalty at all in the noob ones?
IGN: SoulCinder
Why not let the Player set the % of expirience loss.
Set a lower exp loss on death and gain less exp for killing etc.
Set exp loss on death to maybe 30% and get more exp for playing.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
You don't need 18hrs a day, and saying "not every gamer has time" is the most pathetic argument there is, and that "argument" was used to ruin WoW and other gamers/parts of other games.

If you don't have time to get anywhere in a game, then the game isn't for you, end of story. The game shouldn't be made easier and simpler all because you want to faceroll through half the game in an hour because you "don't have time". If you don't have time to play PoE then go play something else. And this game isn't made for the "average" gamer either, the average gamer plays D3 and is incapable of thinking at all. They made this for a specific type of player, it's a niche game.

Grow up, this game is for everyone that's willing to play it.
IGN: Etcnshit
"
osiris8919 wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

Clearly you have no understanding of genres or the market for games if you think a game is made for "everyone". Get real. It's a very specific genre and they've always wanted to make it a "hardcore" game. Therefore if you want it to be easy and take little time to do anything, then guess what? It's not for you.
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
osiris8919 wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:

Clearly you have no understanding of genres or the market for games if you think a game is made for "everyone". Get real. It's a very specific genre and they've always wanted to make it a "hardcore" game. Therefore if you want it to be easy and take little time to do anything, then guess what? It's not for you.

While the game doesn't have to be for everyone, it does have to be for enough people to pay the bills. Everything I've seen suggested that they are trying to accomplish both the goals they want and the financial necessities with the different leagues, and are still trying to find the sweet spot that allows them to do so. This means at in the end, hardcore players will have to accept that the non hardcore leagues probably aren't going to be their ideal game play, and need to accept that changes made to those leagues will happen. Unless they can prove that those changes are going to directly hurt their own experiences on their league, they need to stop panicking; the whole idea of the leagues is that different types of game play are facilitated, and its going to take some time and tinkering for the devs to find the right balance.
"
Meisen wrote:
It baffles me that people are trying to impose their personal preferences and opinions on other people when they are not even playing in the same league :O

It seems to me that most people that are pro death penalty play in the hc/onslaught league. Why these ppl care in the slightest about what form the death penalty takes in other leagues is to me a mystery.

It's very simple; Standard should have no death penalty at all. If people really want do progress by getting bashed to death 10-100 times a day, well, that's their choice, isn't it?
I see no problem with this. If people find this game/that way of playing fun enough to invest the time, let them get rewarded.....

Hardcore on the other hand has the perfect penalty! Losing your char completely would have been to harsh! Just changing leagues is a ingenious idea! Props to GGG!!

On the allocation issue:

We're absolutely moving in the right direction here! Very very nice. Just get those chromatic items allocated now, and we'd be were this allocation system should have been from the beginning. I mean.... if SCROLLS OF WISDOM are valuable enough to be allocated, surely a 1/20 of a chaos should be valuable enough to be allocated? Right? I have no idea why you insist on making progress in bits and pieces instead of just going all out from the beginning (As you are doing with the death penalty system. You'll end up at 0 penalty, it's just a matter of time).

To the haters complaining about people leeching off of public parties; ffa/sa. There! Solved!! What in the world is the problem??? If you don't want to play with so called leechers, make your own party and set it to sa, or go all out with ffa (you're melee right?).

I can not for the life of me understand why some people want to limit other players experience by forcing them to play like YOU (or I) want to. The solution is simple, and well on it's way to fruition; More choices for the player (Standard/HC/Anarchy/Onslaught/Free for all/Short allocation/Permanent Allocation). The only thing missing is for GGG to min/max this. Standard/anarchy should have no death penalty, hc/onslaught are fine, ffa is fine, short allocation and permanent allocation should include chromatic items.

Why not go all out with the ideas you implement from the start? :)

/rant done

+1
IGN: SirThomasConnery | TriedItAll | MJuliusBrutus | EKhil | CrazyEys

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info